RESOLVED Drive system fault - BRICKED

I don't know what caused the drive system fault or if this is related but it's repeatedly powering down in 30 seconds after I open it

Holly shit!
That's what I'm afraid of, especially on longer trips.
Let us know the outcome.
Don’t be. This is an awful circumstance, but it’s not widespread. That doesn’t make it any easier to deal with for @Halodde unfortunately.

I was at a funeral for one of my closest friends this weekend (it’s been a very rough week; he was 34) and my bud’s 2015 Honda Odyssey (an extremely reliable car in general, as most on the forum would agree) stopped dead on the highway, because his alternator died. We had to get it towed and get the alternator replaced this morning.

Cars break sometimes, ICE or EV.
Nuke it. Got nothing to lose.
Agreed. It’s likely a bad motor and lacking logs won’t make a difference.
I don't know what caused the drive system fault or if this is related but it's repeatedly powering down in 30 seconds after I open it
That sounds related? But I’m not sure.

Has Lucid gotten back to you about a plan?

Unfortunately because there's no service center near me, it's getting towed to Natick this morning

Don’t be. This is an awful circumstance, but it’s not widespread. That doesn’t make it any easier to deal with for @Halodde unfortunately.

I was at a funeral for one of my closest friends this weekend (it’s been a very rough week; he was 34) and my bud’s 2015 Honda Odyssey (an extremely reliable car in general, as most on the forum would agree) stopped dead on the highway, because his alternator died. We had to get it towed and get the alternator replaced this morning.

Cars break sometimes, ICE or EV.

Agreed. It’s likely a bad motor and lacking logs won’t make a difference.

That sounds related? But I’m not sure.

Has Lucid gotten back to you about a plan?
And I'm very sorry for your loss

You won't believe how much of a clusterf*ck getting the tow truck here and getting the car on it was. I'm too pissed to go into detail now. But I will later because some of the information might be useful for others in the future (but I sincerely hope nobody has to go through what I just did). Oh look... It's happy hour. Perfect

You won't believe how much of a clusterf*ck getting the tow truck here and getting the car on it was. I'm too pissed to go into detail now. But I will later because some of the information might be useful for others in the future (but I sincerely hope nobody has to go through what I just did). Oh look... It's happy hour. Perfect
Scotch, Blue Label, that's what the doctor recommends:)

Now that my experience yesterday has had some time to settle, I feel like I can somewhat objectively describe the useful components and not just rant. Obviously, I was pretty frustrated and disappointed by the initial brick episode. But the rest of it was a comedy of errors that wasn't very funny at the time.
After speaking and texting with customer service, I sent a text to the service center manager to give him a heads up on what was coming his way. Even though it was Sunday, he took the time to not only respond, but look into it ahead of time. And, it turns out its a really good thing he did. CS had actually scheduled a tow to the wrong service center. He fixed that.
So, like anyone who has ever had to wait for a cable company or phone company appointment, I tried to find out what time yesterday I needed to be home for the pick up. The message and link from CS (or the roadside asst company) looked like it was going to be useful. Spoiler alert: It's worthless. On Sunday afternoon, the linked map page said my tow was "arriving soon". Through multiple more messages with CS, I was finally told 7 AM yesterday. OK. Let's do that. I knew I was asking for a lot but I requested a half hour heads up that they were on the way. At 6:30 yesterday morning, I started checking the linked map page again. No updates. Still "Arriving Soon". Around 8 AM, I started trying to track down the tow. CS told me via text that he was an hour and a half away and that he was in the Bronx. NYC and the Bronx are 6 hours away. CS called me finally and then said that he had left at 4 AM. Ok. So, 10 AM is a good guess on arrival and the linked map page said "arrival in 110 minutes" but didn't show the truck's location on the map. 10 came and went. I found a link on the map that let me call dispatch myself and was finally told between 2-3. Eye Roll. Ok. Entire day is now shot. The truck arrived a few minutes after 3.
The very nice driver was helpful and immediately asked if the car would drive. I said no but I could get it in Neutral to roll it down the driveway and into position. Remember above when I said that the car started powering down without warning in less than 2 minutes after powering up? That was now down to 30 seconds. As the tow driver moved the truck into position in the street (blocking traffic in the cul de sac due to cars parked on the street), I got the car into neutral and coasted down the driveway and into the street behind the tow. Each time, moving only a little bit before the car powered down and went into park. Repeat as necessary until the driver and I got it at the bottom of the ramps by pushing it. And now, the car will not keep power long enough for me to even put it into neutral. It won't power on or roll for more than 5 seconds. Now traffic is actually piling up and getting upset. The driver and service via phone said to use a portable jump start. For those not familiar, the access point to jump the 12V battery is behind the passenger side rear wheel. Pull out the tabs and they are behind the wheel well cover. So, not that you know where the access point is, good luck using it successfully. We didn't know this when he connected the portable power, but you have one chance for about 10 seconds before the fully charged portable power source is sapped of all it's juice by the car. So, that was an exercise in futility. I used to carry one in my old car but gave it to my girlfriend when I got the Lucid. So, now there's a school bus trying to get through and beeps his horn. I walked down to apologize for blocking the traffic. The driver said he was not allowed to back off the street onto another road. I said then you better call your dispatch and tell them you're going to be late. Back to the tow. The driver is frantically trying to get skids under the rear wheels to drag the car up onto the bed. All hooked up... and the winch breaks down. He calls his own company and gets it fixed in about 10 minutes. Finally he drags the car up onto the bed breaking one of his ramps and a skid under the weight of the car. As he does, I get the shock and tilt alarm and the horn goes. I go into the app and shut it off. Start to finish it was about an hour and a half process stuck dead in the middle of the street. Thankfully, it was only my cul de sac and not some busy street or intersection. And the shock and tilt kept turning itself back on all the way for the 7 hour tow trip. So, I got the fun reminders for the rest of the evening. And the driver didn't text me pictures when he got there as he said he would. I got a message from service this AM to let me know though. Now I wait until service gets a chance to look at it and diagnose it.

TLDR: If your car can't maintain power, you can't get it into neutral. Use each time you CAN get it into neutral to it's maximum before the car powers down. And if your car does die, the access point is behind the rear passenger wheel and you only have one shot at the jump with portable power. Use that to its max too.

Now that my experience yesterday has had some time to settle, I feel like I can somewhat objectively describe the useful components and not just rant. Obviously, I was pretty frustrated and disappointed by the initial brick episode. But the rest of it was a comedy of errors that wasn't very funny at the time.
After speaking and texting with customer service, I sent a text to the service center manager to give him a heads up on what was coming his way. Even though it was Sunday, he took the time to not only respond, but look into it ahead of time. And, it turns out its a really good thing he did. CS had actually scheduled a tow to the wrong service center. He fixed that.
So, like anyone who has ever had to wait for a cable company or phone company appointment, I tried to find out what time yesterday I needed to be home for the pick up. The message and link from CS (or the roadside asst company) looked like it was going to be useful. Spoiler alert: It's worthless. On Sunday afternoon, the linked map page said my tow was "arriving soon". Through multiple more messages with CS, I was finally told 7 AM yesterday. OK. Let's do that. I knew I was asking for a lot but I requested a half hour heads up that they were on the way. At 6:30 yesterday morning, I started checking the linked map page again. No updates. Still "Arriving Soon". Around 8 AM, I started trying to track down the tow. CS told me via text that he was an hour and a half away and that he was in the Bronx. NYC and the Bronx are 6 hours away. CS called me finally and then said that he had left at 4 AM. Ok. So, 10 AM is a good guess on arrival and the linked map page said "arrival in 110 minutes" but didn't show the truck's location on the map. 10 came and went. I found a link on the map that let me call dispatch myself and was finally told between 2-3. Eye Roll. Ok. Entire day is now shot. The truck arrived a few minutes after 3.
The very nice driver was helpful and immediately asked if the car would drive. I said no but I could get it in Neutral to roll it down the driveway and into position. Remember above when I said that the car started powering down without warning in less than 2 minutes after powering up? That was now down to 30 seconds. As the tow driver moved the truck into position in the street (blocking traffic in the cul de sac due to cars parked on the street), I got the car into neutral and coasted down the driveway and into the street behind the tow. Each time, moving only a little bit before the car powered down and went into park. Repeat as necessary until the driver and I got it at the bottom of the ramps by pushing it. And now, the car will not keep power long enough for me to even put it into neutral. It won't power on or roll for more than 5 seconds. Now traffic is actually piling up and getting upset. The driver and service via phone said to use a portable jump start. For those not familiar, the access point to jump the 12V battery is behind the passenger side rear wheel. Pull out the tabs and they are behind the wheel well cover. So, not that you know where the access point is, good luck using it successfully. We didn't know this when he connected the portable power, but you have one chance for about 10 seconds before the fully charged portable power source is sapped of all it's juice by the car. So, that was an exercise in futility. I used to carry one in my old car but gave it to my girlfriend when I got the Lucid. So, now there's a school bus trying to get through and beeps his horn. I walked down to apologize for blocking the traffic. The driver said he was not allowed to back off the street onto another road. I said then you better call your dispatch and tell them you're going to be late. Back to the tow. The driver is frantically trying to get skids under the rear wheels to drag the car up onto the bed. All hooked up... and the winch breaks down. He calls his own company and gets it fixed in about 10 minutes. Finally he drags the car up onto the bed breaking one of his ramps and a skid under the weight of the car. As he does, I get the shock and tilt alarm and the horn goes. I go into the app and shut it off. Start to finish it was about an hour and a half process stuck dead in the middle of the street. Thankfully, it was only my cul de sac and not some busy street or intersection. And the shock and tilt kept turning itself back on all the way for the 7 hour tow trip. So, I got the fun reminders for the rest of the evening. And the driver didn't text me pictures when he got there as he said he would. I got a message from service this AM to let me know though. Now I wait until service gets a chance to look at it and diagnose it.

TLDR: If your car can't maintain power, you can't get it into neutral. Use each time you CAN get it into neutral to it's maximum before the car powers down. And if your car does die, the access point is behind the rear passenger wheel and you only have one shot at the jump with portable power. Use that to its max too.
Oh, I forgot. The school bus driver (or their dispatch) called the police. To the officer's credit, upon arriving, he only spoke to the bus driver and didn't come down to me or give us a hard time. He went to the end of the street and blocked traffic on that street for the bus driver to back down the street onto the other road safely. Check the police blotter for updates. Film at 11.

Giving credit where due: Lucid obviously has Marqie here to check on issues and I have been in contact with him outside of the forum. But, others from Lucid monitor the forum as well. I just had a 30 minute phone call with someone on the customer experience team who called me proactively and apologized profusely for the issues and told me that the concerns from my post just before lunch today have already reached high level executives at the company who agree that this type of experience is unacceptable and will use my detailed information to teach CS, Service, and 3rd party contractors (like urgent.ly) how to improve communication etc... Keep up the efforts to improve, Lucid. It's needed especially when customers are dealing with difficult situations like cars broken down in traffic.

Update: Service called me yesterday afternoon after a couple of texts during the morning. The Drive System Fault error was due to high voltage faults coming from the high voltage battery. In short, the high voltage battery failed and needs to be replaced. Obviously, it's one of the most integral parts of the vehicle. He said he "hopes" to get it in next week as it ships by freight. Once they get it, they need 2 days to install it, flush the coolant and do some calibration and testing (including at EA). We'll see how long it takes to get it back. The customer experience team is still monitoring the situation and is trying to be helpful. Not sure what they can really do to repair the confidence I had in the car previously though.

FYI: For any reporters/media outlets who see/read my posts, I do not consent to any use of my posts or information for any print or online publication without my written consent.

Well shit. Called customer care. Very disappointed and frustrated. This means a 7 hour tow trip to Natick (tomorrow because they are closed today) and being without the car for who knows how long. Any thoughts?
View attachment 12286
See at least yours you were able to open the doors. I pushed the software update and went inside my house. The next day I went to drive it, the doors won’t open. The car went into deep sleep. They couldn’t even reboot it remotely nor was I able to open it from the app. My car has been at lucid motors for the last 3 weeks for diagnosis. Yesterday I was told they’ve replaced a bunch of components but they still have no idea what’s going on. It’s definitely frustrating. I did get a loaner from them after a week without a car.

Back