Dream Edition for sale...

Is this really what this site wants from moderators?
Yeah, you’re right. No one ever comes to an Internet forum to have a little fun.

Me thinks yes. This forum is all about the ride, and if you can’t have fun while you’re doing it, what’s the point? The moderators are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts, and some uplift is always welcome.
"goodness of their hearts"

... OP's post was pure evil!

Is this really what this site wants from moderators?
No, we should only ever post negative issues and problems. 🙄

Of course you want people posting their positive experiences. It’s already rare that someone posts they had a great experience, because human nature is more likely to lead us to post rants and issues.

I see absolutely no problem with someone enjoying their car and letting others know about it. Do you?

It's with a heavy heart I write this post.

Today, I went about running my errands. The car performed spectacularly, even starting and stopping my BT audiobook every time I got back into the car at the correct spot. My cameras worked great, I received no errors while driving. I even let the sales manager at 3D mats take my car for a spin around the block and he was amazed at the 360 camera, the quietness of the cabin, the feel of the inside, the suspension and driving of the car. We put it in sprint mode and he was flabbergasted at the acceleration of the car. I got back home with one thought on my mind...

I would only sell this car...over my dead body. That is all.
lmao. i got rickrolled hard. knew something was fishy...

1. for sale thread under general discussion with a vague title
2. OP is hydro, WHAT?! he wouldn't make such a rookie mistake and also SELLING?
3. started off with errands... did something went wrong?!?
4. everything sounds great... WHY ARE YOU SELLING YOUR DE?

by the time i finished reading, the damage was irreversible lol

It's with a heavy heart I write this post.

Today, I went about running my errands. The car performed spectacularly, even starting and stopping my BT audiobook every time I got back into the car at the correct spot. My cameras worked great, I received no errors while driving. I even let the sales manager at 3D mats take my car for a spin around the block and he was amazed at the 360 camera, the quietness of the cabin, the feel of the inside, the suspension and driving of the car. We put it in sprint mode and he was flabbergasted at the acceleration of the car. I got back home with one thought on my mind...

I would only sell this car...over my dead body. That is all.
Have you noticed that @hydbob is executing a weakly disguised effort to change the tenor of posts from negative to positive reports. This post mirrors “Satisfied” and seems directed toward the same goal.

Have you noticed that @hydbob is executing a weakly disguised effort to change the tenor of posts from negative to positive reports. This post mirrors “Satisfied” and seems directed toward the same goal.
Would that be a bad thing? There are many more happy lucid owners than unhappy ones. I see absolutely nothing wrong with putting some positive, happy with their car posts on here. There seems to be plenty of negativity, so I for one welcome the balance with positive on here :) It’s better than a “rant only” forum, isn’t it?

I have noticed, yes. The world is a much nicer place when you get to see people happy (as the vast majority are) as compared to this forum becoming the “please get me your supervisor” trope.

Nothing wrong with actively trying to post positive experiences and reports, particularly when most people don’t, because “I love my car and nothing new has happened other than I still love it” is not a post anyone generally writes. Instead, the forum ends up with nothing but gripes and complaints, which overrepresents the issues with the vehicle and leads to all sorts of problems (bad press quoting from the forums, buyers being scared off who would otherwise love the car, etc.)

I wouldn't think of it as a disguised effort, it is a blatant attempt to balance out all of the rants. I'm in full support as long as the rants continue. I would much prefer this to be an educational and supportive forum, filled with lesser known ways to do things, tools and techniques, and real world experiences without the dramatic and unhelpful comments.
Many other moderated user forums will clearly state their standards and expectations up front, and delete posts or even users who depart from the forum's charter. In this one, the moderators will sometimes lock a thread that has gone into the weeds, but that's about all I see. Since we as visitors to this site aren't paying for a subscription, I think those funding the forum should be the ones to decide what moderators are to do.

I wouldn't think of it as a disguised effort, it is a blatant attempt to balance out all of the rants. I'm in full support as long as the rants continue. I would much prefer this to be an educational and supportive forum, filled with lesser known ways to do things, tools and techniques, and real world experiences without the dramatic and unhelpful comments.
Many other moderated user forums will clearly state their standards and expectations up front, and delete posts or even users who depart from the forum's charter. In this one, the moderators will sometimes lock a thread that has gone into the weeds, but that's about all I see. Since we as visitors to this site aren't paying for a subscription, I think those funding the forum should be the ones to decide what moderators are to do.
Funny how that works, right? Negative folks constantly complain about all the "fanboys" here, and that they are always being censored for complaining, and yet one thread of fun and positivity pops up, and almost immediately, they demand it be considered inappropriate content.

If you want a curated stream of posts that only reflect exactly what you already believe, well, there's Facebook.

And if you like it here, but some posts annoy you, there's the ignore button.

Thank you for correctly noting the mods here do not interfere with anyone's posts lightly. We truly do welcome all viewpoints, so long as they remain respectful.

Funny how that works, right? Negative folks constantly complain about all the "fanboys" here, and that they are always being censored for complaining, and yet one thread of fun and positivity pops up, and almost immediately, they demand it be considered inappropriate content.

If you want a curated stream of posts that only reflect exactly what you already believe, well, there's Facebook.

And if you like it here, but some posts annoy you, there's the ignore button.

Thank you for correctly noting the mods here do not interfere with anyone's posts lightly. We truly do welcome all viewpoints, so long as they remain respectful.
I don’t know of anyone who stated this was inappropriate content. It was not a complaint, just an observation.

I don’t know of anyone who stated this was inappropriate content. It was not a complaint, just an observation.
Ah; that wasn’t clear from your post. Thanks for clarifying!

"Is this really what this site wants from moderators?"

That is not an observation. It's a suggestion the mod should be disciplined. For daring to make a joke that didn't target anyone and brought some much-needed levity that many here have been begging for.

My AGT arrived yesterday…
Despite the Scotch Guard Stink (Santa Cruz carpets, 🤷‍♀️) drove it to my first appointment.
Returned to car, oh… forgot, almost out of (..)
Returned to car, Oh, I’m almost at (your choice here).
Now Home, plotting my ‘lunch drive.’

It’s early days @hydbob, but I take your point.

They are still pushing for before the end of year. Originally was scheduled for before Dec....but they got delayed due to factory shutdowns from COVID.
When able please post a link to the 3D mats. I called a couple of weeks ago and the person I spoke with could not find anything about Lucid mats. I definitely want those mats, as the Lucid ones do not cover the front positions well at all. And thanks for posting your comments on your DE. I feel the same about my AGT.

Back