- Joined
- Apr 11, 2024
- Messages
- 520
- Reaction score
- 309
- Location
- New Hampshire
- Cars
- 2024 Air Touring
- Referral Code
- IQZT5SXS
Its really poor that a $80k+ car can't be warm and air tight, when my daughter's 10 year old Hyundai Elantra is perfect !!!!
Let me know when it has 900HP+Its really poor that a $80k+ car can't be warm and air tight, when my daughter's 10 year old Hyundai Elantra is perfect !!!!
My mobile tech told me the same thing on Monday. He didn't have any of the thicker foam in his service van so he ordered some.According to my Service guy at Lucid, there's a known issue where air gets pulled in to the bottom seal of the window at the front of the door and then runs along that seal and then exits at the bottom left of the window, depending on the force of that air it then can run up the seal to the top left. Certainly I was experiencing this until they applied a "fix" with foam in that seal. There's no cold air at the top left of the window anymore, but I'm still getting cold air at the bottom left of the window. I think the foam partially worked.
Interesting. What year?According to my Service guy at Lucid, there's a known issue where air gets pulled in to the bottom seal of the window at the front of the door and then runs along that seal and then exits at the bottom left of the window, depending on the force of that air it then can run up the seal to the top left. Certainly I was experiencing this until they applied a "fix" with foam in that seal. There's no cold air at the top left of the window anymore, but I'm still getting cold air at the bottom left of the window. I think the foam partially worked.
Its really poor that a $80k+ car can't be warm and air tight, when my daughter's 10 year old Hyundai Elantra is perfect !!!!
So you're saying Lucid doesn't need to worry about warmth as a quality ? These cars are sold as luxury EV's, getting the basics right need to be a priority, not 900hp. Don't get me wrong, I love my Lucid, but this is a strange argument.Let me know when it has 900HP+
(Different cars have different qualities, and price is only one factor; this argument is not a useful one, and people should stop making it. There are much better arguments one can make. This one is not one of them.)
2024 Air Touring. And yeah I've found the same, increasing the fan speed certainly helps. It was 12F last night on the way home and I felt comfortable with the fan higher, but it's slightly annoying that I need to do so.Interesting. What year?
I noticed on mine if I just turn the fan up a couple notches it seems to compensate ok. I think my Tesla does it automatically at high speed because those windows aren’t even water tight but I never remember getting cold.
Same on my driver's door window!View attachment 36441On my 23 Air Pure AWD the seals of the front side windows are partially bent inwards, see photos attached. The slats of the seal also feel quite hard and not like rubber.
When I complained about the air draft coming form the rear of the side windows I sent the photos attached to my Lucid service center. They said that the deformation of the seal is totally normal, which is hard to believe.
Does anybody here have the same deformation? Could you please post a photo of your window seal as a comparison?
Thanks!
So you're saying Lucid doesn't need to worry about warmth as a quality ? These cars are sold as luxury EV's, getting the basics right need to be a priority, not 900hp. Don't get me wrong, I love my Lucid, but this is a strange argument.
Its really poor that a $80k+ car can't be warm and air tight, when my daughter's 10 year old Hyundai Elantra is perfect !!!!
Yes, mine does too.I just noticed today that there is also a draft coming from the lower left edge of my driver's side door. Has anyone else noticed that as well?
I disagree, I think it's completely relevant to the scenario. It's all relative to industry standards and who is compromising on what features. I'm sure this isn't the first time an auto MFG encountered drafts in their production models but the point that was being made is if they can figure this out on a Hyundai Elantra, why can't they figure this out on a premium "luxury" auto is a totally fair counter statement.No, I am saying that this argument is useless:
Clearly, the Air shouldn't have any cold drafts. And, importantly, mine doesn't (and most don't). But the argument of 'some other random car that is cheaper doesn't have cold drafts' is pointless, as the point has absolutely nothing to do with price, and everything to do with the fact that you believe (correctly) that any car should be as airtight as possible and not have a cold draft. Cool! On that, we agree.
But "the Air should do this thing because this other car does this thing and it's cheaper" is not a good argument for anything, hence my response.
If you had said "the Air shouldn't have drafty windows or seals, because cars should be as airtight as possible" I'd have liked it and moved on.![]()
this winter has been one for the records, but the EV's just cant heat or cool a car like a ICEI love my Air, but not during the winter, especially with the cold spell we've been having lately in the NE. We've been using our other vehicle instead for road trips, etc. since we don't like being cold during our drives. The Air simply can't keep the cabin warm adequately with the drafts through the doors. I don't recall it being as big of an issue the previous winter, but it's very noticeable now. Now just waiting for warmer weather!
Great. And that has absolutely nothing to do with price. I agree.I disagree, I think it's completely relevant to the scenario. It's all relative to industry standards and who is compromising on what features.
The point that was being made was that just about every car should not have drafty windows. That some cars are cheap is not at all relevant to the discussion.I'm sure this isn't the first time an auto MFG encountered drafts in their production models but the point that was being made is if they can figure this out on a Hyundai Elantra, why can't they figure this out on a premium "luxury" auto is a totally fair counter statement.
I guess I see the faint point you are trying to make, but without comparables there would be no baseline for anything...it's the premise for which our entire legal and insurance systems are predicated on, if the paint started loosing its clear coat and the paint start eroding, you would look to what is a standard for the industry, and base that example against it; for further extravagance you might make the argument that even comps of a lesser cost/quality are able to achieve this standard.Great. And that has absolutely nothing to do with price. I agree.
The point that was being made was that just about every car should not have drafty windows. That some cars are cheap is not at all relevant to the discussion.
If, indeed, it were an Elantra with drafty windows, people would be just as upset, and rightfully so, since their car has drafty windows.
The exception, perhaps, is if you buy a used vehicle; caveat emptor.
But for any new vehicle? This is true completely regardless of sticker price.
And that is my only point.
(In fact, if you want proof that price is irrelevant, consider that most people cannot afford an Air, and do buy a Camry/Elantra/whatever, and would be equally upset if it had drafty windows)
Compare away! Compare all you want!I guess I see the faint point you are trying to make, but without comparables there would be no baseline for anything...it's the premise for which our entire legal and insurance systems are predicated on, if the paint started loosing its clear coat and the paint start eroding, you would look to what is a standard for the industry, and base that example against it; for further extravagance you might make the argument that even comps of a lesser cost/quality are able to achieve this standard.
magistrate not withstanding.