Drafty windows when cold?

Compare away! Compare all you want!

You don’t need hyperbole to say a car shouldn’t have drafty windows. Everyone would agree with you. That’s how you know the price doesn’t matter.

If you want to compare prices, you have to compare *whole vehicles* or you are not comparing apples to apples.

Anyway, this is pedantic and beside the point. The argument is valid, even if the reasoning, imho, is not.
Isnt that the same as when you clapped back and said "Let me know when it has +900HP" or should we pivot to when you subtly stiff-armed the thread by saying "importantly, mine doesn't (and most don't)" further seeks to undermine the issues that (an unquantified and growing) amount of owners do have and are frustrated by...
 
this winter has been one for the records, but the EV's just cant heat or cool a car like a ICE
My other car (SUV) is an EV and it heats amazingly well. Within minutes we're totally warm and comfortable even in this cold. It even automatically turns on seat heaters and steering wheel heat depending on the outside temperature right when you get in. Quite impressive and it's night and day compared to the Air which never feels warm.
 
Compare away! Compare all you want!

You don’t need hyperbole to say a car shouldn’t have drafty windows. Everyone would agree with you. That’s how you know the price doesn’t matter.

If you want to compare prices, you have to compare *whole vehicles* or you are not comparing apples to apples.

Anyway, this is pedantic and beside the point. The argument is valid, even if the reasoning, imho, is not.
I award you 3 stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ for the proper use of “pedantic”
 
Isnt that the same as when you clapped back and said "Let me know when it has +900HP"
You’re literally proving my point. If you are comparing cars based on price, you compare the whole package; yes, more expensive cars often have higher horsepower. That is a virtue of costing more. It is rare to find a low-priced car with huge amounts of HP.

No car, priced high or low, should have drafty windows. Thus, price is irrelevant. I do not know how to make that any more clear, and at this point, I am done attempting to.

or should we pivot to when you subtly stiff-armed the thread by saying "importantly, mine doesn't (and most don't)" further seeks to undermine the issues that (an unquantified and growing) amount of owners do have and are frustrated by...
I absolutely did no such thing and, frankly, I resent the accusation. If you are allowed to post whatever you want, raves, rants, and issues included, certainly I am allowed to remark on my own experience. Me (and others) having a different experience does not invalidate yours or anyone else’s, and I never said, nor sought to imply, that it did.

But you having issues (or anyone else) also doesn’t invalidate my experience either. You cannot have it only one way.

Furthermore, when I have issues, I post about them, much as I did when I said I had gotten the reverse incessant beep a few times and that it wasn’t fixed yet.

Lastly, you literally missed my point entirely. What I wrote was: “Clearly, the Air shouldn't have any cold drafts. And, importantly, mine doesn't (and most don't). But the argument of 'some other random car that is cheaper doesn't have cold drafts' is pointless, as the point has absolutely nothing to do with price, and everything to do with the fact that you believe (correctly) that any car should be as airtight as possible and not have a cold draft. Cool! On that, we agree.”

My point was precisely because mine doesn’t, and others don’t, that this owner absolutely should get it fixed by service and not have drafty windows.

Had you attempted, for a moment, to give what I wrote the most charitable possible reading, you’d have understood that the point of me saying I didn’t have drafty windows was to agree with you that their windows shouldn’t be drafty. And that drafty windows are not “par for the course” for Lucid.

But thanks for the judgment.
 
Last edited:
1770909211627.webp

Just like when my kids stick to their guns "idk what you're talking about, what ice cream?"

I was just pointing out how there is such a bias on here of "is this really an issue/is it that bad?" And how subtle statements like that seek to undermine those who do, what you are implying is intent, which I can't speak to.

I'm really happy that you are head over heels happy with your purchase and experience with Lucid. If I ever move to Cali and buy a house near a SC perhaps I will consider purchasing another.
 
View attachment 36795
Just like when my kids stick to their guns "idk what you're talking about, what ice cream?"

I was just pointing out how there is such a bias on here of "is this really an issue/is it that bad?" And how subtle statements like that seek to undermine those who do, what you are implying is intent, which I can't speak to.

I'm really happy that you are head over heels happy with your purchase and experience with Lucid. If I ever move to Cali and buy a house near a SC perhaps I will consider purchasing another.
Sticking to one’s guns. Indeed. Lot of that going on around here.

Agree to disagree and move on. This thread is getting way off topic.

As far as I can see, everyone here agrees our original poster should contact service and get their drafty windows fixed. I hope they come back and report on what service has to say. Though I wouldn’t blame them for moving on themselves at this point.
 
Also want to mention that the windows would fog up on random mornings even the AC is on all the time. One morning it was below 0F outside and the windows decided to fog up. Once I was at highway speed, the moisture on both front and rear windows became frost because the cold air prevented the windows from defrosting. Again I decided to live with it until my lease ends in 7 months.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1984.webp
    IMG_1984.webp
    906.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1985.webp
    IMG_1985.webp
    565.8 KB · Views: 101
View attachment 36795
Just like when my kids stick to their guns "idk what you're talking about, what ice cream?"
Pot, meet kettle.

I was just pointing out how there is such a bias on here of "is this really an issue/is it that bad?" And how subtle statements like that seek to undermine those who do, what you are implying is intent, which I can't speak to.
I certainly understand that is your feeling and that you misread my post, by reading it in the least charitable way, as if I were gloating or dismissive.

My statement was not subtle - it was accurate and explicit. I meant precisely what I said. No more, no less.

If I had meant something else, I would have written that.
 
Also want to mention that the windows would fog up on random mornings even the AC is on all the time. One morning it was below 0F outside and the windows decided to fog up. Once I was at highway speed, the moisture on both front and rear windows became frost because the cold air prevented the windows from defrosting. Again I decided to live with it until my lease ends in 7 months.
That’s super odd. I’d get it checked out for sure, but up to you; that’s definitely something Lucid will fix under warranty.
 
Lol I thought we were moving on from this but hey if I were you I'd be mad for getting called out too
Pot, meet kettle.


I certainly understand that is your feeling and that you misread my post, by reading it in the least charitable way, as if I were gloating or dismissive.

My statement was not subtle - it was accurate and explicit. I meant precisely what I said. No more, no less.

If I had meant something else, I would have written that.
 
Lol I thought we were moving on from this but hey if I were you I'd be mad for getting called out too
That sure is one possible takeaway, I guess. I'm disappointed, not mad; specifically, disappointed in your desire to win 'internet points' rather than actually read anything I wrote. It is quite clear your goal here is to 'win,' not find truth. And that's fine. Have the 'points.'

I'll stick with what I wrote, and let the reader be the judge. That's how I know I'm not mad; I'm perfectly fine leaving what I wrote for others' scrutiny.

Have a lovely weekend.
 
I'm not so sure if my air has drafty windows, but are we all in general agreement that it's far too cold in the winter (with glass ceiling)? I love the car but doesn't feel luxurious to have to bundle up for a road trip lol.
 
I'm not so sure if my air has drafty windows, but are we all in general agreement that it's far too cold in the winter (with glass ceiling)? I love the car but doesn't feel luxurious to have to bundle up for a road trip lol.
It's definitely a problem. People who either don't drive a lot, don't drive in sub-freezing temps for long periods of time, and/or don't have unwanted cold air flooding into the car don't/won't understand.

For me, it's a daily struggle to balance the temperature in the car and the already significant loss of efficiency and range in the winter. When I'm driving just over 200 miles on the highway in 20° temps, I'm struggling to get get there on a single charge ('23 Touring, glass roof, 19" aero). And I do that distance at least a couple times a week. Even setting the temp at 68, it's cold enough that I have to wear a hat, long sleeves and often gloves to stay warm. I'm usually very comfortable at a true 68°. My guess is that it's well below 60 in the car when set at 68.

And before anyone says it, Yes, I use the seat heater and heated steering wheel as well. But that doesn't heat my front or the backs of my hands or my head. Or my lower legs actually. I've noticed my legs have been getting cold lately too. I even keep my heat shield up on the glass roof in the winter to prevent heat loss through the glass roof. 🤷‍♂️
 
It's definitely a problem. People who either don't drive a lot, don't drive in sub-freezing temps for long periods of time, and/or don't have unwanted cold air flooding into the car don't/won't understand.

For me, it's a daily struggle to balance the temperature in the car and the already significant loss of efficiency and range in the winter. When I'm driving just over 200 miles on the highway in 20° temps, I'm struggling to get get there on a single charge ('23 Touring, glass roof, 19" aero). And I do that distance at least a couple times a week. Even setting the temp at 68, it's cold enough that I have to wear a hat, long sleeves and often gloves to stay warm. I'm usually very comfortable at a true 68°. My guess is that it's well below 60 in the car when set at 68.

And before anyone says it, Yes, I use the seat heater and heated steering wheel as well. But that doesn't heat my front or the backs of my hands or my head. Or my lower legs actually. I've noticed my legs have been getting cold lately too. I even keep my heat shield up on the glass roof in the winter to prevent heat loss through the glass roof. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah this describes my experience pretty well. I know Lucid claims the Air underwent substantial testing in the cold, but you have to wonder how they didn't foresee this being an issue. Also have to wonder how they still haven't fixed it given all the complaints online about it.
 
don't have unwanted cold air flooding into the car
This should not be happening. If it is, you need service. That’s not “acceptable” for either Air or Gravity.

Obviously, if it is leaking air into the cabin, that sucks.
 
Yeah this describes my experience pretty well. I know Lucid claims the Air underwent substantial testing in the cold, but you have to wonder how they didn't foresee this being an issue. Also have to wonder how they still haven't fixed it given all the complaints online about it.
I reached the conclusion before that there is a significant difference between testing in the cold and living with it through a full and cold winter.
This should not be happening. If it is, you need service. That’s not “acceptable” for either Air or Gravity.

Obviously, if it is leaking air into the cabin, that sucks.
I agree. It's bad enough that I can actually feel the cold air leak increase when I'm being passed by a semi on my left side on the highway.

Unfortunately, I only had it for one winter before my warranty expired. And that winter was relatively mild by Buffalo standards. So it was not as noticeable then as it is now. And in speaking with Lucid, there is no designated 'fix' for it. There's a lengthy (read: expensive) diagnostic process that is basically a series of 'try this and see if it works' approach to finding the leak and then trying to seal it better. Also unfortunately, I don't have sufficient means to justify paying for transport to and from the service center that is 6 hours away, pay for the repair attempt and pay for the rental car during the repair. I suppose I'd consider all that more seriously if I was guaranteed a good outcome. But, I'd be out thousands of dollars with no guarantee of anything. So, I've resigned to deal with it.
 
There's a lengthy (read: expensive) diagnostic process that is basically a series of 'try this and see if it works' approach to finding the leak and then trying to seal it better. Also unfortunately, I don't have sufficient means to justify paying for transport to and from the service center that is 6 hours away, pay for the repair attempt and pay for the rental car during the repair. I suppose I'd consider all that more seriously if I was guaranteed a good outcome. But, I'd be out thousands of dollars with no guarantee of anything. So, I've resigned to deal with it.
If your car is leaking air, that is a warranty-able issue. It should not cost you a dime, and the solution is almost certainly replacing the seals and/or adjusting the door alignment.

They have had multiple revisions of the seals. The new ones are better than the old ones.

Sometimes, old seals get warped and cracked in the cold. They require replacement if that’s what has happened.

I don’t know who told you you’d be out thousands of dollars, but as long as you are still in warranty, that should definitely not be the case and you should push back, in my opinion.

The inconvenience is a real issue, sure. Also, mobile service can both replace seals and adjust door alignment last I checked (but don’t quote me, it’s been a while)

And if they desire proof, grab a dB meter. They’re cheap on Amazon. Hop on the highway at speed. If it reads more than 65-68dB or so, you have a leak. A car that leaks air will also leak sound, obviously.
 
Last edited:
If your car is leaking air, that is a warranty-able issue. It should not cost you a dime, and the solution is almost certainly replacing the seals and/or adjusting the door alignment.

They have had multiple revisions of the seals. The new ones are better than the old ones.

Sometimes, old seals get warped and cracked in the cold. They require replacement if that’s what has happened.

I don’t know who told you you’d be out thousands of dollars, but as long as you are still in warranty, that should definitely not be the case and you should push back, in my opinion.

The inconvenience is a real issue, sure. Also, mobile service can both replace seals and adjust door alignment last I checked (but don’t quote me, it’s been a while)

And if they desire proof, grab a dB meter. They’re cheap on Amazon. Hop on the highway at speed. If it reads more than 65-68dB or so, you have a leak. A car that leaks air will also leak sound, obviously.
I'm not under warranty for stuff like that. That's what I said. I was only under warranty for one winter up here and it was mild. Got the car in March 2023 and went over 50k in December 2024. Now I'm over 84k. So I'd be responsible for the transportation of the car as well as the repairs and rental car.
 
This should not be happening. If it is, you need service. That’s not “acceptable” for either Air or Gravity.

Obviously, if it is leaking air into the cabin, that sucks.
Oh they definitely do. Mines getting addressed next shop trip as well.
 
Back
Top