Does the Lucid Grand Touring Satisfy your Sport Car Desires

Want to know for those of you who also love sports cars, does your AGT satisfy your sporty driving needs? Considering letting go of my Cayman GT4. I’ll probably wait for my AGT to arrive before selling it, but just wanted to hear other peoples feelings. Are the driving dynamics as good as reviews say or does it still feel like a big heavy sedan. How’s the body roll?
  1. "Does your AGT satisfy your sporty driving needs?" Yes. After over 6,000 miles it is still a joy to drive every day. I'm always excited to get into it and still look forward to each drive. The only fly in the ointment is the 19" wheels are super smooth...but they do lack for grip compared to the 21's if you're pushing it (though the chassis balance is still neutral).
  2. "Considering letting go of my Cayman GT4." They're two fundamentally different experiences. The CGT4 is a lightweight handling monster. It probably has one of my favorite chassis setups out there (though I've not really put it to the test yet). If you want something you can pitch into turns with gobs of feedback from the road, the AGT isn't it. If you want a teleport with tons of room, creature comforts and a suspension that outclasses an E63 AMG most of the time, then you'll be fine.
  3. "I’ll probably wait for my AGT to arrive before selling it" Wait. 'nuff said.
  4. "Are the driving dynamics as good as reviews say or does it still feel like a big heavy sedan" Both. Yes, it is as good as they say and more. It handles vastly better than a chonker like it has any right to. However, you can't beat physics! It does an excellent job of handling the weight, but in the end can't overcome it. It won't ruin your day unless you come into a turn far too hot and straight-line right into the shoulder.
You've got a Cayman GT4 so you know what a good car is like. They are two very different beasts and I think you'll love the AGT for many - and different - reasons.

I think it all depends on what your other car is (that is if you have two cars). I love the ride and feel of my GT but doesn't compare at all to the sports car feel of my Ferrari Portofino. There is something that needs to be said about sound. The howl of a V8, V10 or V12 sure will out do the sports car feel. Now if my other car was a Chevy Volt, Jeep, Escalade , .... then yes, it would.

1. "Does your AGT satisfy your sporty driving needs?" Yes. After over 6,000 miles it is still a joy to drive every day. I'm always excited to get into it and still look forward to each drive. The only fly in the ointment is the 19" wheels are super smooth...but they do lack for grip compared to the 21's if you're pushing it (though the chassis balance is still neutral).
  2. "Considering letting go of my Cayman GT4." They're two fundamentally different experiences. The CGT4 is a lightweight handling monster. It probably has one of my favorite chassis setups out there (though I've not really put it to the test yet). If you want something you can pitch into turns with gobs of feedback from the road, the AGT isn't it. If you want a teleport with tons of room, creature comforts and a suspension that outclasses an E63 AMG most of the time, then you'll be fine.
  3. "I’ll probably wait for my AGT to arrive before selling it" Wait. 'nuff said.
  4. "Are the driving dynamics as good as reviews say or does it still feel like a big heavy sedan" Both. Yes, it is as good as they say and more. It handles vastly better than a chonker like it has any right to. However, you can't beat physics! It does an excellent job of handling the weight, but in the end can't overcome it. It won't ruin your day unless you come into a turn far too hot and straight-line right into the shoulder.
You've got a Cayman GT4 so you know what a good car is like. They are two very different beasts and I think you'll love the AGT for many - and different - reasons.
Very helpful perspective as I wait for my silver AGT. Regarding sports car desires, I appreciate what Lucid has done with such a heavy sedan, but there are really no substitutes for the GT versions of the Cayman and the 911.

There is something that needs to be said about sound. The howl of a V8, V10 or V12 sure will out do the sports car feel.
I had the AMG E63 wagon on order prior to my GT and had been excited to finally get a shouty, barnstorming German V8. I didn't expect to like the motor noise from the Air as much as I do, and I find I'm no longer pining for the snorts/pops/crackles of a tuned gas engine. YMMV of course, and nothing could compare to a Portofino...

I had the AMG E63 wagon on order prior to my GT and had been excited to finally get a shouty, barnstorming German V8. I didn't expect to like the motor noise from the Air as much as I do, and I find I'm no longer pining for the snorts/pops/crackles of a tuned gas engine. YMMV of course, and nothing could compare to a Portofino...
Good to know. I parted ways with the last NA V8 Porsche with sports exhaust a few years ago. It had the best sound on overrun that I have heard but despite the attributes of the 2016 Panamera GTS, the boy racer in me grew a bit tired of such an amazing car.

It won't ruin your day unless you come into a turn far too hot and straight-line right into the shoulder.
See, this right here is the difference with the 21s. I do this all the time lol

Maybe Sapphire best at 150-0 ?
No. Physics.

M5 4370lbs Front: P275/35R20, rear: P285/35R20 Sapphire 5238+ lbs Front: 265/35R20, rear: 295/30R21.

Fronts do most of the stopping.

Understeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer
Yeah the stig said he thought the car's understeer was a good thing because it pitches well in spite of going wide so you can save it, but I don't understand how that won't just fry your grip. I love Ben Collins but if I remember correctly in his book he says that's not a good thing. Not as bad as oversteer I guess?

I was hesitant that I wouldn't like the handling of the AGT. I drove it up and down Sunset Blvd like I stole it and I was quite satisfied. Does anyone want to buy my AMG GTS....
Yes. How much?

Back