Do you think Lucid should build an exclusive charging network like Rivian & Tesla?

HC_79

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
AWNJLGKT

Most the issues people experienced with EA should be addressed over time. They have the backbone (high-power connectivities) in place, it's more or less the software & charge stations problem that they will work through.

Also just a matter of time before Tesla open up their supercharger to other EVs, just as they're doing right now in Europe.

Lucid would better off investing capital & resource into building cars, tech, and ESS than to invest in building a charging network.

Isn't the US committing to building their own network as well?

Most the issues people experienced with EA should be addressed over time. They have the backbone (high-power connectivities) in place, it's more or less the software & charge stations problem that they will work through.

Also just a matter of time before Tesla open up their supercharger to other EVs, just as they're doing right now in Europe.

Lucid would better off investing capital & resource into building cars, tech, and ESS than to invest in building a charging network.
It is more difficult for Tesla to open up their network to other cars in the U.S. than in Europe.

I have read that a lot of issues at EA are related to the weight of the CCS handle. Supposedly if you hold it up and not let it's weight pull it down there are less connection issues.

I have read that a lot of issues at EA are related to the weight of the CCS handle. Supposedly if you hold it up and not let it's weight pull it down there are less connection issues.
I have had zero charging issues using EA with the Lucid. Just drove up and connected the car. However, unlike Tesla's superchargers the EA stations seem to be out of order frequently.

Mmmm, is the charging port on the Air more vertical, almost perpendicular?

I totally agree that Lucid shouldn't build out its own network. But it might leverage its relationship with EA to pressure EA into improving the quality of the experience.

I do wish that these EV initiatives, whether from Dieselgate or as US Infrastructure, provided quality targets, at least as sweeteners for implementors (you get $X if you build out the network, but you get $X + $Y if those charging stations provide advertised power rates 95% of the time, and work in some fashion 99% of the time). No idea how to make enforcement work for that, though.

Last edited:
Back