Distracted driver warning question

Sooooz

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
I haven't seen anything about this in my limited perusal of the forums so figured I'd post and see what others have experienced:

Driving my Air GT to the shop last week to get a turn signal issue addressed, my husband reported that he received a full screen message advising him he was showing signs of distracted driving and offering him the location of some coffee shops within a couple of miles of his destination. He had to affirmatively turn off the warning (another distraction).
We are NOT happy to have our vehicle sell us coffee or any other unsolicited sales. I didn't pay this much for a car to have it trying to sell me things. I suspect some programmer thought it was clever to incorporate this in the distracted driver software but I do NOT find it cute and want to turn it off without necessarily turning off the DD when I want it.
Anyone else have this sales pitch for drugs offered unilaterally by their car? How can I remove unrequested solicitations from my software?

I haven't seen anything about this in my limited perusal of the forums so figured I'd post and see what others have experienced:

Driving my Air GT to the shop last week to get a turn signal issue addressed, my husband reported that he received a full screen message advising him he was showing signs of distracted driving and offering him the location of some coffee shops within a couple of miles of his destination. He had to affirmatively turn off the warning (another distraction).
We are NOT happy to have our vehicle sell us coffee or any other unsolicited sales. I didn't pay this much for a car to have it trying to sell me things. I suspect some programmer thought it was clever to incorporate this in the distracted driver software but I do NOT find it cute and want to turn it off without necessarily turning off the DD when I want it.
Anyone else have this sales pitch for drugs offered unilaterally by their car? How can I remove unrequested solicitations from my software?
Not sure what you mean by full screen message. There is a drowsy driver warning, when the car thinks you may be sleepy, based on your eyes, steering, etc. that looks like a little coffee cup, which is just meant to represent sleepiness.

The car does not show full screen ads for anything. So either your husband is pulling your leg, or they misinterpreted this warning, perhaps?

Or you are just trying to be funny, in which case I apologize for ruining the joke.

I think that you are confusing distracted driving with drowsy driving. Both of these setting can be turned on/off in the vehicle Dreamdrive settings. After getting a Drowsy driving alert the screen will show nearby break areas. Some may be businesses but I don't think Lucid is trying to sell you anything. There have not be very many reports of incorrect drowsy driver alerts on this forum. In order to get a warning that has to be dismissed, it would be the second alert, not the first. I suspect your husband was actually drowsy.

My Mercedes (and I would imagine, many other ICE cars) asks to show the nearest gas stations when the fuel tank is nearly empty. It never occurred to me to confuse this for a sales pitch.

Now, if the embedded Alexa were to automatically order the drowsy driver a caffeinated beverage from the nearest Whole Foods, that would be a different matter 😂

Are you sure it isn't a cup of tea? Perhaps it is hot chocolate. Assuming something nefarious is a bit extreme, don't you think?

Also, I believe this helpful warning is not full sized and asks if it would be a good time to take a break. That is all.

My Mercedes (and I would imagine, many other ICE cars) asks to show the nearest gas stations when the fuel tank is nearly empty. It never occurred to me to confuse this for a sales pitch.

Now, if the embedded Alexa were to automatically order the drowsy driver a caffeinated beverage from the nearest Whole Foods, that would be a different matter 😂
Ditto, our GLS also shows a pic of a coffee cup for drowsy driving. I have never thought it was trying to pitch anything other than a "warning". Like the post above, I might have an issue if it were to pitch something more brand-specific. I really might have a very big problem if it were to sense kids screaming in the back and suggest the closest Chuckie-Cheese.

Holy crow! How many cups did you drink??

From the manual:
F6945688-FA85-4A6F-8C16-A163A7347CE5.png

The Mercedes would do this after 3hr of driving no matter what. I like that Lucid does it based on your signs of drowsiness. One time after working an overnight shift and being quite exhausted it alerted me and I agreed with it. I was very close to home and made it ok but I was surprised I’ve only ever gotten this alert when actually drowsy. I thought I looked tired all the time, at least that’s what people tell me not realizing that’s not a nice thing to say to anyone, but the Lucid seems to be more observant than most humans.

I had this come up as well, a small cup icon and a message on one screen and then I think Nav gave choices for a place to take a break. I didn't see this as a marketing ploy, unsolicited sales or trying to sell me something. More of a hey, maybe you should take a break to refresh. It seems similar to what @idiot900 mentioned about gas stations when a ICE car recognizes low fuel and searches for a gas station.

The funny thing is, this occurred when I was using Highway assist and I wasn't even the one driving the car.

This saved my wife from falling asleep; she definitely was, and this alerted her to it, and then she realized she was quite tired. She stopped for a cup of coffee and got home totally safe.

Yay drugs?

The assortment of responses is interesting. I was not joking as asserted at first, I was just not happy about getting consumer information I/my husband did not seek. To clarify my initial post, which was in error reporting "full screen"--my husband did say it was the panel, as described above, not the "full screen". I believe the warning feature is valid but do not appreciate the additional offering of "waypoints"--specifically businesses which I see as advertisements. Since it seems there is no what to have the first without the second, I guess I'll be driving without the warning turned on, since it seems I'm in the minority to be offended at this further AI intrusion in my existence. If it is possible too have the warning pop without the suggestions, that would be great I think.

The assortment of responses is interesting. I was not joking as asserted at first, I was just not happy about getting consumer information I/my husband did not seek. To clarify my initial post, which was in error reporting "full screen"--my husband did say it was the panel, as described above, not the "full screen". I believe the warning feature is valid but do not appreciate the additional offering of "waypoints"--specifically businesses which I see as advertisements. Since it seems there is no what to have the first without the second, I guess I'll be driving without the warning turned on, since it seems I'm in the minority to be offended at this further AI intrusion in my existence. If it is possible too have the warning pop without the suggestions, that would be great I think.
With all due respect, I believe you’re making a mountain out of a molehill. The suggestions are not ads; they are merely safe places nearby for your husband to stop and rest. The coffee is optional, but generally helpful for staying awake, as that is it’s purpose.

The system will also recommend actual highway rest stops; is that advertising for the DOT?

The idea is simply to route you to some safe places to stop and take a break. That is all.

Enjoy the car!

With all due respect, I believe you’re making a mountain out of a molehill. The suggestions are not ads; they are merely safe places nearby for your husband to stop and rest. The coffee is optional, but generally helpful for staying awake, as that is it’s purpose.

The system will also recommend actual highway rest stops; is that advertising for the DOT?

The idea is simply to route you to some safe places to stop and take a break. That is all.

Enjoy the car!
+1 I seriously doubt that Lucid was compensated for the listing. This is NOT advertising. Most modern car companies, at least luxury car companies, do some variant of this for the same reasons.

To me, this would be making a mountain out of a molehill. But I have discovered as I get older and older that what is minor to me can be major to someone else and the reverse.

Starbucks achievement completed ... enable navigation to nearest coffee/drug dispensary. ☕

My 14 year old Audi tells me at 3 hours that I need to take a break. Just like Bunnylebowski's Mercedes.

Enjoy the car!
Basically this 100%

You're definitely misinterpreting what Lucid's intentions are behind the drowsy driving, and the fact that the warning showed up means that he was either tired, or swerving, and many of us like to be in denial when a passenger calls us out on being tired, but it's good to have that confirmation and know when to take a break.

I use plugshare a lot of the time when on long road trips and will find a level 2 charger, like a 20 kw charger, and then I'll take a nap for an hour or 2 while it charges.
I find that to be perfect as the Lucid is super comfy and I love how far back the seats recline.

Wait, are you saying that Lucid is in cahoots with Big Coffee? Are we being punked or is this real?

Back