Distracted driver warning question

I think that you are confusing distracted driving with drowsy driving. Both of these setting can be turned on/off in the vehicle Dreamdrive settings. After getting a Drowsy driving alert the screen will show nearby break areas. Some may be businesses but I don't think Lucid is trying to sell you anything. There have not be very many reports of incorrect drowsy driver alerts on this forum. In order to get a warning that has to be dismissed, it would be the second alert, not the first. I suspect your husband was actually drowsy.
I've had my GT for almost a year now. Distracted and drowsy driver alerts are a constant problem when I have the system activated. It may be because I wear glasses? It seems to occur when I'm driving obliquely into the sun. For this reason I have inactivated the alerts. I reported the problem shortly after I took possession of the car. I occasionally reactivate the system to see if an update has corrected it but the problem persists.

My Mercedes (and I would imagine, many other ICE cars) asks to show the nearest gas stations when the fuel tank is nearly empty. It never occurred to me to confuse this for a sales pitch.

Now, if the embedded Alexa were to automatically order the drowsy driver a caffeinated beverage from the nearest Whole Foods, that would be a different matter 😂
:)

The assortment of responses is interesting. I was not joking as asserted at first, I was just not happy about getting consumer information I/my husband did not seek. To clarify my initial post, which was in error reporting "full screen"--my husband did say it was the panel, as described above, not the "full screen". I believe the warning feature is valid but do not appreciate the additional offering of "waypoints"--specifically businesses which I see as advertisements. Since it seems there is no what to have the first without the second, I guess I'll be driving without the warning turned on, since it seems I'm in the minority to be offended at this further AI intrusion in my existence. If it is possible too have the warning pop without the suggestions, that would be great I think.
May I ask, do you not have a modern cell phone, use facebook, instagram, twitter, or any social media. Do you not use siri or alexa or google products? Just asking because do you realize that you are being tracked and fed tailored advertisements in your feed and search results based on your usage patterns. Much more intrusive AI into your existence than to say the car is purposefully selling you to buy coffee at a random selection of coffee shops that are closest to your destination and that are not even brand specific. If only Starbucks showed up, then maybe, something fishy is going on. But alas, just turn off the drowsy driver warning.

I've had my GT for almost a year now. Distracted and drowsy driver alerts are a constant problem when I have the system activated. It may be because I wear glasses? It seems to occur when I'm driving obliquely into the sun. For this reason I have inactivated the alerts. I reported the problem shortly after I took possession of the car. I occasionally reactivate the system to see if an update has corrected it but the problem persists.
Lots of people have seen false distracted driver alerts including me. I agree it seems particularly bad when driving into the sun. I have never had a false drowsy driver alert and I have not seen that reported as an issue. Are you seeing both false distracted drive and drowsy drive alerts?

Lots of people have seen false distracted driver alerts including me. I agree it seems particularly bad when driving into the sun. I have never had a false drowsy driver alert and I have not seen that reported as an issue. Are you seeing both false distracted drive and drowsy drive alerts?
I was going to say this. Are you get the drowsy alert or pay attention to the road alert?

I have occasionally received a drowsy driver alert. It was definitely a false alarm, always on short drives about town as I turn the thing off on longer trips because the alarms are so annoying. The distracted driver alerts are much more common.

I’m getting the “ Driver’s Monitoring Camera Cannot Detect Your Face” alert icon on dirivers panel. I deselected Drowsy Driver and Distracted Driver options, I’ve repositioned the steering wheel from full forward and down to full back and up plus many combinations in between. Nothing works!
HELP!
1675476055942.jpeg

I’m getting the “ Driver’s Monitoring Camera Cannot Detect Your Face” alert icon on dirivers panel. I deselected Drowsy Driver and Distracted Driver options, I’ve repositioned the steering wheel from full forward and down to full back and up plus many combinations in between. Nothing works!
HELP!View attachment 9358
Hi, @Jeanwoodie.

Thanks for sharing. I just sent you a DM for more info.

Marqie

I thought I looked tired all the time, at least that’s what people tell me not realizing that’s not a nice thing to say to anyone, but the Lucid seems to be more observant than most humans.
I've noticed this come on a few times that seemed unprompted, and wonder if it's my glasses or: I always look exhausted. If the camera uses my "well-rested" face as the baseline it won't know the difference =it should never come on. Is there one that you can't turn off ? because I thought I had but no. I hadn't noticed but I think it's the distracted driver that's twitchy.

The other thing I don't like is the lane keeping on curse control (or whatever it is)...annoying jerking me around...I thought I turned that off too? I have very few highway miles so still learning these features. I like drifting from line to line; it scares the people around me. I leaned this from my wife's skiing...whenever it's crowded she starts flailing her arms and skiing ineptly = everyone avoids her line.

This saved my wife from falling asleep; she definitely was, and this alerted her to it, and then she realized she was quite tired.
This. A major reason I decide to get a new car is the safety features. I and two of my sisters have fallen asleep and run off the road totaling the cars. By the time you sense you are tired it too late.
Are you sure it isn't a cup of tea? Perhaps it is hot chocolate. Assuming something nefarious is a bit extreme, don't you think?
Mine looks like a pint ...
iu

Last edited:
I've noticed this come on a few times that seemed unprompted, and wonder if it's my glasses or: I always look exhausted. If the camera uses my "well-rested" face as the baseline it won't know the difference =it should never come on. Is there one that you can't turn off ? because I thought I had but no. I hadn't noticed but I think it's the distracted driver that's twitchy.

The other thing I don't like is the lane keeping on curse control (or whatever it is)...annoying jerking me around...I thought I turned that off too? I have very few highway miles so still learning these features. I like drifting from line to line; it scares the people around me. I leaned this from my wife's skiing...whenever it's crowded she starts flailing her arms and skiing ineptly = everyone avoids her line.

This. A major reason I decide to get a new car is the safety features. I and two of my sisters have fallen asleep and run off the road totaling the cars. By the time you sense you are tired it too late.

Mine looks like a pint ...
iu
There have been reports of people's preference for Lane Keep assist being lost, particularly after an update. So if you've turned it off, it may pop back on every now and then. (Another gremlin in the profile system.) You would know because when Lane Keep is off, you get a constant warning light at the bottom right of the center screen.

So maybe check the settings / dream drive and be sure it's still off? I finally turned mine off recently, and it's stayed that way so far. I agree, the constant jerking you into the center of the lane when there are obviously times you don't want that is annoying.

HELP!View attachment 9358
I have exactly the same issue. Random and goes away after a lock and reopen.

Mine always returns after rebooting. After going through all Customer Care suggestions, it is my opinion a defective camera. It appears the camera is located in the upper left of cockpit center panel
I have requested Seattle Service Center to provide camera availability and degree of difficulty of replacement if diagnosis does intact confirm the problem is in fact the camera.

I have my distracted driver warning turned off as I get far too many false warnings. Now it still gives me warning that camera sensor is not available. Not sure if camera sensor is located to low for me as the seat and wheel are adjusted or if unrelated.

Still not sure why it bothers with warning it can not see me when the sole current feature (distracted/drowsy driver) warning is turned off.

I have my distracted driver warning turned off as I get far too many false warnings. Now it still gives me warning that camera sensor is not available. Not sure if camera sensor is located to low for me as the seat and wheel are adjusted or if unrelated.

Still not sure why it bothers with warning it can not see me when the sole current feature (distracted/drowsy driver) warning is turned off.
I think for liability? Maybe with sentry and dashcam mode it might come in handy to prove you weren't distracted

But yes, if your steering wheel is too high, it will block the camera

Back