Disappointed with base sound system

Thank you, that helps. Is there an external grill visible in the footwell, or are the woofers covered by carpet? Anybody got a picture of the footwell, without it taken apart?

Thank you, that helps. Is there an external grill visible in the footwell, or are the woofers covered by carpet? Anybody got a picture of the footwell, without it taken apart?
IMG_5083.jpeg

Looking under my dash, there is no way to see anything without disassembly. Maybe it is different with the SSP vs SS

Looking under my dash, there is no way to see anything without disassembly. Maybe it is different with the SSP vs SS
Right, I didn't either - I had service come out to the house and they did everything.

Well I was playing music this morning, sounded great to my ears, put my hand down where those woofers are supposed to be at the front, and couldn't feel any movement. Which I would expect to feel. Which suggests for SS there are no front woofers. However, I've been pretty happy with the sound I've been getting and in fact the service guy who came to fix my rear shelf vibrating thought I had SSP from the sound he was hearing ( I had to find something base heavy to make it vibrate)

I have confirmed there are no woofers in the front for the base sound system. Listening to the base vs the pro sound system in the Lucid studio really shows the difference when you move the fader all the way forward.

I have also brought my car in to the dealership. Sounds like it's really just what we can expect as far as bass in the system (tons of distortion). This is the latest response from the tech:
For the rattle, my technician fully took everything apart and verified everything was properly secured and there wasn't any contact with any surrounding components that could be causing the noise. We had already installed noise reducing bump stops when they installed the replacement parcel shelf during your previous appointment, but we proactively added additional insulating foam to further reduce any unintended noise that could be coming from the area. They hear a rattle but it could potentially be a characteristic of the one speaker putting out most of the bass. Any remaining noise would be considered expected behavior of the speaker system.

disappointing that anything over 40% with any bass in a song just sounds bad. Especially in the back seats. Love the rest of the car, but it really cheapens the experience.

I have confirmed there are no woofers in the front for the base sound system. Listening to the base vs the pro sound system in the Lucid studio really shows the difference when you move the fader all the way forward.

I have also brought my car in to the dealership. Sounds like it's really just what we can expect as far as bass in the system (tons of distortion). This is the latest response from the tech:

disappointing that anything over 40% with any bass in a song just sounds bad. Especially in the back seats. Love the rest of the car, but it really cheapens the experience.
If audio is very important, why did you not select the upgraded system? Do you plan on doing aftermarket upgrades?

its a lease. Honestly, I test drove a car that I 'thought' had the base sound system; the sales person said it was but there were a handful of other incorrect information presented as well, so they might have been mistaken. I didn't over think it as I assumed it would be acceptable being a luxury car.

Probably wouldn't have made or broke the deal as I got it for a great price with all the incentives. Picking something that was on the lot before the incentives expired was priority over getting the exact spec I wanted.

Audio isn't my top priority, but feel they could have tried a bit more on this component. It's not about getting a 'thump' in the chest or anything. The system rattles/distorts at medium volume

Last edited:
Yes, for those who have not experienced it, the base system does not befit a car at this pricepoint. I would put it on par with a base system in a budget (sub-$25K) domestic vehicle. I'm a custom car audio guy, so doesn't it doesn't really hurt my feelings, but I do feel bad for the people who selected this option and will need to live with it...unless they only listen to podcasts.

I recently leased an Air Pure and ended up getting the base sound system (not the Pro) as it was in stock. While I know its not going to be amazing, I am quite underwhelmed.
  • It's a bit thin and bright with the 'out of the box' EQ settings. I love music/audio so am familiar with a 'flat' EQ vs a house curve, but something doesn't sound quite neutral
  • Base....They're so little and not any mixed into the font speakers. If I move the balance slider forward, it just drops the bottom octaves out completely. Come on.....a small UE boom even tries harder at being full range.
  • The base it does have, rattles. Once I get the volume up over 1/3 and the song has some base, something vibrates in the rear speakers. I already filed a ticket for this once and the tech came out and found that a clip was broken and replaced the rear shelf. This helped a bit but he said the vibration was normal. The speaker is either distorting like crazy or something is vibrating in the enclosure.
Honestly, the last point is the one that bothers me the most. It cheapens the whole experience. Is this normal? Or is this something I should try and get 'fixed'
Agree. Just drove my 2024 Lucid Air Touring with Dolby Atmos and my 16yr old quickly asked why is your Bass off? I had it Max level. Later that night we drove our Tesla Model 3 and it was clearly noted that the music was prestige on the Tesla with deep bass sounds. Doesn’t make sense for Lucid to not notice this critical customer value.

Back