Disappointed with base sound system

I recently leased an Air Pure and ended up getting the base sound system (not the Pro) as it was in stock. While I know its not going to be amazing, I am quite underwhelmed.
  • It's a bit thin and bright with the 'out of the box' EQ settings. I love music/audio so am familiar with a 'flat' EQ vs a house curve, but something doesn't sound quite neutral
  • Base....They're so little and not any mixed into the font speakers. If I move the balance slider forward, it just drops the bottom octaves out completely. Come on.....a small UE boom even tries harder at being full range.
  • The base it does have, rattles. Once I get the volume up over 1/3 and the song has some base, something vibrates in the rear speakers. I already filed a ticket for this once and the tech came out and found that a clip was broken and replaced the rear shelf. This helped a bit but he said the vibration was normal. The speaker is either distorting like crazy or something is vibrating in the enclosure.
Honestly, the last point is the one that bothers me the most. It cheapens the whole experience. Is this normal? Or is this something I should try and get 'fixed'
I too have a Pure with the base sound system and yes it does stink.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not know much about sounds systems other than listening and enjoying it. I use native Tidel app and that is very good even in a base sound system. I do think the above settings makes things better but I need to crank up the volume quite a bit. It looks like it is cranking up the rear speakers quite a bit with the balance set as shown above and bass is more pronounced - pronounced to the extend that I have the shelf rattling and I need to do @Bobby form! However front speakers are somewhat quiet in this setup.

Man, rear seats even with the base sound system is a treat! Those are the best seats in the house for audio performance in my opinion!

I too have a Pure with the base sound system and yes it does stink.
Have you tried the native Tidel app? High quality audio there was amazing to me compared to CarPlay, etc. It might be worth a shot to compare, if you haven’t checked it out yet.

I recently leased an Air Pure and ended up getting the base sound system (not the Pro) as it was in stock. While I know its not going to be amazing, I am quite underwhelmed.
  • It's a bit thin and bright with the 'out of the box' EQ settings. I love music/audio so am familiar with a 'flat' EQ vs a house curve, but something doesn't sound quite neutral
  • Base....They're so little and not any mixed into the font speakers. If I move the balance slider forward, it just drops the bottom octaves out completely. Come on.....a small UE boom even tries harder at being full range.
  • The base it does have, rattles. Once I get the volume up over 1/3 and the song has some base, something vibrates in the rear speakers. I already filed a ticket for this once and the tech came out and found that a clip was broken and replaced the rear shelf. This helped a bit but he said the vibration was normal. The speaker is either distorting like crazy or something is vibrating in the enclosure.
Honestly, the last point is the one that bothers me the most. It cheapens the whole experience. Is this normal? Or is this something I should try and get 'fixed'
expand...
Same feelings with SS and SSpro as I've had the car with the trial period. Weak bass especially in the fronts. I've tried native apps and need to crank up the volume up high as opposed to Bluetooth where I don't need it too high to achieve the same loudness.

I've read all about the fix here and I'm not sure either if SS gets the footwell subs or does it get deactivated after the trial.

I also have a rattle in rear left side of the speakers and it is very annoying. Car was made 5/24/24

Back