Delay in delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having the same issue, so about 2 months ago Lucid rep was keep calling me, emailing me and texting me almost 3-4 times a day to complete the payment on the vehicle since based on them the vehicle was 100% ready to be shipped out. Today is 2+ months and I am just getting B.S answers. So I think they are running low on cash flow and want to have the funds and then complete the vehicle. I am holding almost 10,000+ LCID stocks and since they failed me and failing other people who paid more than $140,000+ to buy these vehicles without even driving them. NOT A GOOD BUSINESS AND I AM THINKING ON SELLING MY STOCKS AND VEHICLE ONCE I GET IT, GOD KNOWS WHEN I WILL GET IT, LOL. I can void the deal in a minute if I want, already spoke with Motor Vehicle Dealer board. Please, everyone, contact your Motor Vehicle dealers board and file a complaint, if 1,000+ complaint in 50 States, Federal Trade Commission will get involved and hopefully fine them around $1-2 Billion so they will think twice before pulling a fast one. 15th of June is my deadline, so hopefully I will get the vehicle. I received my Tesla Plaid within 5 months of reservation and super happy with it, so it was a mistake ordering Lucid I guess, at least to me. Seems like in 2 years we will be hitting with recalls after recalls and in the price might be $50,000 or less. You can cancel your reservation anytime, you don't have to take delivery. I paid for my car before delivery and It was held up at the service center for recall. My DA called and offered to refund till the car was ready to ship if I wanted. I was also told I could get refunded in full If I decided I didn't want the car. You can sell your stock as well, I don't think anyone will mind.

This is BS!! You can cancel your order, you don't have to pay for it. I paid for my car before delivery and It was held up at the service center for recall. My DA called and offered to refund till the car was ready to ship if I wanted. I was also told I could get refunded in full If I decided I didn't want the car. You can sell your stock as well, I don't think anyone will mind.

Last edited:
Please, everyone, contact your Motor Vehicle dealers board and file a complaint, if 1,000+ complaint in 50 States, Federal Trade Commission will get involved and hopefully fine them around $1-2 Billion so they will think twice before pulling a fast one. 15th of June is my deadline, so hopefully I will get the vehicle. I received my Tesla Plaid within 5 months of reservation and super happy with it, so it was a mistake ordering Lucid I guess, at least to me. Seems like in 2 years we will be hitting with recalls after recalls and in the price might be $50,000 or less.

Let's just assume for a moment that you really do have a Tesla Model S Plaid and have ordered a Lucid Air (both of which I highly doubt, as you come off more as a teenaged Tesla fanboy and/or a Lucid short seller).

I actually do own a Model S Plaid for which I took delivery on August 21, 2021 and a Lucid Air Dream Performance for which I took delivery on December 31. I'm glad you're "super happy" with your Plaid. Mine arrived with a yoke rubbing against the steering column, a driver side rearview mirror that was so loose in its mount that it had to be replaced, yellowed PPF fore of the rear wheels wells, a rubber grommet missing from a trunk lid stud, and a front passenger door that will not catch without a hard slam. The yoke airbag has already been through a recall, and the replacement unit arrived with a defect and also had to be replaced.

Granted, my Lucid Air has had its share of minor issues, but it is almost as quick as the Plaid, better handling, quieter, with a more solid body structure, and far roomier and more comfortable.

I join others in encouraging you to cancel your Lucid reservation -- which may not even require a phone call or email, if you know what I mean.

Note also that Lucid can’t record income if the car has not been delivered (even though they may hold the money, it is not theirs) so from an earnings perspective there is no advantage to them. I would agree it would be messed up for them to pressure you to pay and then not be able to deliver the vehicle for months. I don’t think it was intentional though (if you scan these forums you can see that a couple months back Lucid added extra quality control steps that all cars would go through before final delivery that is now slowing the process significantly).

I would agree you would have a right to be upset. You’re not going to have 1000 takers to complain to SEC though. Have you asked Lucid if they will cancel your order and refund in full including deposit? That is probably your best bet at this stage since your relationship with Lucid has obviously soured beyond the point it can be repaired.

How did Lucid discover the torque problem? I assume that battery fastener failure could be a safety problem and the company is trying to get ahead of another recall. So our wait time is extended, but better safe than sorry.

How did Lucid discover the torque problem? I assume that battery fastener failure could be a safety problem and the company is trying to get ahead of another recall. So our wait time is extended, but better safe than sorry.
This thread is a little confusing as it was revived by someone new, but I think Lucid resolved the bolt torque issue a while back (figured out which cars are involved and inspected/corrected as needed).

I guess it’s possible it was a wider problem and became part of the PDI activities for all cars… but no indication of that

This thread is a little confusing as it was revived by someone new, but I think Lucid resolved the bolt torque issue a while back (figured out which cars are involved and inspected/corrected as needed).
Agree. Maybe need to look into implementing a new rule for reviving old threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back