Delay in delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddhaDada13

Cars
Lucid AGT Black/Mojave
Anyone else have problems with delivery? My car arrived at my local showroom on 3/3/22 and I was supposed to get delivery over the past weekend, but now they are telling me that they cannot deliver the car as there are issues with the car that need to be fixed. I can't get a ballpark delivery time from Lucid. My local studio advisor is saying that there are "some bolts that we want to ensure have the correct torque specifications" which seems ludicrous because that sort of issue should be correctable within a few days. I have not been getting straight forward answers from my studio advisor. Anyone else have this sort of issue?

Wtf..... why is the Studio checking bolts? That sort of stuff would be part of QC BEFORE leaving the factory, one would hope.

Anyone else have problems with delivery? My car arrived at my local showroom on 3/3/22 and I was supposed to get delivery over the past weekend, but now they are telling me that they cannot deliver the car as there are issues with the car that need to be fixed. I can't get a ballpark delivery time from Lucid. My local studio advisor is saying that there are "some bolts that we want to ensure have the correct torque specifications" which seems ludicrous because that sort of issue should be correctable within a few days. I have not been getting straight forward answers from my studio advisor. Anyone else have this sort of issue?
Which Studio? I was given the exact same vague answer from the Millbrea Studio last week, and I’m still waiting.

Which Studio? I was given the exact same vague answer from the Millbrea Studio last week, and I’m still waiting.
My studio is the Beverly Hills studio. I just talked with my Inside Delivery Advisor. He stated that there is a halt on ALL deliveries as there is an issue on the amount of torque used to bolt the batteries on some of the vehicles. The reason why they halted ALL deliveries is that they don't know which vehicles are affected and need to be fixed. Hence, the vague answer from my local studio advisor. I conveyed my displeasure to my IDA and hopefully Lucid will compensate for this. Usually, I'm able to enjoy my new car for a month before I get my first loan statement. At this rate, I'll have to pay my first loan payment before I even get the car!!

great QC at Casa Grande then......

I completely understand the frustration, but they’re also being extremely careful. This is a pretty critical safety matter and I’m guessing the bulletins went out after your car shipped or arrived at the studio.

I completely understand the frustration, but they’re also being extremely careful. This is a pretty critical safety matter and I’m guessing the bulletins went out after your car shipped or arrived at the studio.
I understand the importance of catching this and fixing it. The problem is that the delivery team did not give me an up front answer for the past 1.5 weeks. My frustration is not with the delay, but the lack of transparency. Initially, I was told that they had no delivery appointments available, which is ludicrous given the volume of cars that they are producing and delivering now. Then, they told me it was problem with my car without putting into context that it is affecting many cars. If it was just a torque issue on the bolts for the batteries of my car, it would just take a few days to evaluate and fix, not the 1.5 weeks that have passed and still without a delivery date.

I keep getting pushback on my car after they said it was shipping 2 weeks ago, and was told Friday it would not be delivered within the next 2 weeks, Perhaps this explains why.

That is great QC. Bad QC would be a recall later, haha
Hahaha...... true. Surprised it got out of the factory and to the studio though.

It looks like the final checks are doing their due diligence And good for them that is a hallmark of quality. At least they are telling you the reason for the delay in delivery. Although frustrating, I wouldn’t be upset since they are communicating the problems. I wish the DAs would be more proactive in communicating production & delivery delays rather than just telling us “I’ll soon have an update.” I see this as a positive, although frustrating when you are ‘this’ close to getting your car.

My studio is the Beverly Hills studio. I just talked with my Inside Delivery Advisor. He stated that there is a halt on ALL deliveries as there is an issue on the amount of torque used to bolt the batteries on some of the vehicles. The reason why they halted ALL deliveries is that they don't know which vehicles are affected and need to be fixed. Hence, the vague answer from my local studio advisor. I conveyed my displeasure to my IDA and hopefully Lucid will compensate for this. Usually, I'm able to enjoy my new car for a month before I get my first loan statement. At this rate, I'll have to pay my first loan payment before I even get the car!!
Actually, I disagree. They told you the reason they can't deliver it to you. The extent of the issue COULD be a lot more than just check the bolts. Did they tell you which battery? The problem seems like it has to be the packs themselves or how they are secured to the frame which doesn't seem like a quick check and fix.

My studio is the Beverly Hills studio. I just talked with my Inside Delivery Advisor. He stated that there is a halt on ALL deliveries as there is an issue on the amount of torque used to bolt the batteries on some of the vehicles.

Sounds like they're trying to get ahead of another recall...

I also have the same situation. Was told the same reason A bolt problem. Was lead to believe this could be a few weeks before the car would be delivered

Who's your IDA at Beverly Hills? Those guys there have all been great!

Surprised it got out of the factory and to the studio though.
I don't think the studios caught the problem (unless bolts fell out and they see they're missing). I'm also thinking that checking the torque on bolts at the factory probably isn't happening. What should be happening is that every shift, the settings on the equipment installing the bolts should be checked. So either it was discovered the equipment was set incorrectly or malfunctioned. Then the delivery centers were notified. Under torqueing should be a quick fix depending on where the bolts are. Over torqueing could result in cracked plastics or striping which would render the bolt useless. Engineers would need to determine best way to fix in the field. So time for engineering to determine how to fix, testing, then equipping service centers, then implementing the fix. Could easily be 2 weeks.

I don't think the studios caught the problem (unless bolts fell out and they see they're missing). I'm also thinking that checking the torque on bolts at the factory probably isn't happening. What should be happening is that every shift, the settings on the equipment installing the bolts should be checked. So either it was discovered the equipment was set incorrectly or malfunctioned. Then the delivery centers were notified. Under torqueing should be a quick fix depending on where the bolts are. Over torqueing could result in cracked plastics or striping which would render the bolt useless. Engineers would need to determine best way to fix in the field. So time for engineering to determine how to fix, testing, then equipping service centers, then implementing the fix. Could easily be 2 weeks.
This is what happens when you have the intern check these things :D

I am having the same issue, so about 2 months ago Lucid rep was keep calling me, emailing me and texting me almost 3-4 times a day to complete the payment on the vehicle since based on them the vehicle was 100% ready to be shipped out. Today is 2+ months and I am just getting B.S answers. So I think they are running low on cash flow and want to have the funds and then complete the vehicle. I am holding almost 10,000+ LCID stocks and since they failed me and failing other people who paid more than $140,000+ to buy these vehicles without even driving them. NOT A GOOD BUSINESS AND I AM THINKING ON SELLING MY STOCKS AND VEHICLE ONCE I GET IT, GOD KNOWS WHEN I WILL GET IT, LOL. I can void the deal in a minute if I want, already spoke with Motor Vehicle Dealer board. Please, everyone, contact your Motor Vehicle dealers board and file a complaint, if 1,000+ complaint in 50 States, Federal Trade Commission will get involved and hopefully fine them around $1-2 Billion so they will think twice before pulling a fast one. 15th of June is my deadline, so hopefully I will get the vehicle. I received my Tesla Plaid within 5 months of reservation and super happy with it, so it was a mistake ordering Lucid I guess, at least to me. Seems like in 2 years we will be hitting with recalls after recalls and in the price might be $50,000 or less.

I am having the same issue, so about 2 months ago Lucid rep was keep calling me, emailing me and texting me almost 3-4 times a day to complete the payment on the vehicle since based on them the vehicle was 100% ready to be shipped out. Today is 2+ months and I am just getting B.S answers. So I think they are running low on cash flow and want to have the funds and then complete the vehicle. I am holding almost 10,000+ LCID stocks and since they failed me and failing other people who paid more than $140,000+ to buy these vehicles without even driving them. NOT A GOOD BUSINESS AND I AM THINKING ON SELLING MY STOCKS AND VEHICLE ONCE I GET IT, GOD KNOWS WHEN I WILL GET IT, LOL. I can void the deal in a minute if I want, already spoke with Motor Vehicle Dealer board. Please, everyone, contact your Motor Vehicle dealers board and file a complaint, if 1,000+ complaint in 50 States, Federal Trade Commission will get involved and hopefully fine them around $1-2 Billion so they will think twice before pulling a fast one. 15th of June is my deadline, so hopefully I will get the vehicle. I received my Tesla Plaid within 5 months of reservation and super happy with it, so it was a mistake ordering Lucid I guess, at least to me. Seems like in 2 years we will be hitting with recalls after recalls and in the price might be $50,000 or less.
Seriously dude, check your facts before posting. Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? Lucid has $6 billion in cash, they're hardly running low on cash and making vehicles when receiving money. Sell your stocks, cancel your order and move on. You joined today, your first post is a negative one and drop in a comment about Tesla. Stop trolling! Enjoy your Tesla given they've had way more recalls than Lucid!

I am sorry you are having a bad experience. I am in no way trying to sound like a Lucid fanboy, but,

As a public company they regularly publish important business details, including how much cash they have on hand, their projected burn rate and their expected recapitalization plans if needed in the future. As someone holding around $200k worth of their public traded stock I'm surprised you wouldn't know this.

There have been some incredibly frustrating and well publicized (within the relevant forums at least) production issues leading to delays. At this point it is unfair to compare customer experience with an established company like Tesla delivering millions of cars a year. I agree it is not acceptable and they need to work to fix these issues, but as a first post to suggest that we club together and try to get the FTC to fine Lucid a couple of billion dollars, I'm not sure you are going to fine many takers in a forum that is obviously intended for early adopters, many of whom have a higher tolerance for risk taking with a brand new company trying to operationalize their production.

I'm also not sure how you get from a frustrating purchase experience to recalls and significant value loss of the product, or how you think Lucid is pulling a fast one. You did say you could cancel you order, so why not do that if you no longer want the vehicle? You could also sell you stock today.

Again, sorry you are having a crappy experience. I would also be incredibly frustrated had I paid for a product and not received it for months. And I for one would not blame you for selling the vehicle and your stock at the earliest opportunity. Hopefully venting into the forum will help a bit ease your frustration. Best of luck, I hope your situation gets resolved soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back