Dead charger

Paulk

Cars
2022 Grand Touring
4 day old LAGT…factory demo…two nights ago it blew the 59 amp circuit breakers.. the next morning after resetting the breakers, the car refuses to charge and displays an errot. Car was picked up in a covered flat bed truck from Santa Rosa to go to Millbrae. We are not happy! $90k spent and it cant make it a week ? WTF

4 day old LAGT…factory demo…two nights ago it blew the 59 amp circuit breakers.. the next morning after resetting the breakers, the car refuses to charge and displays an errot. Car was picked up in a covered flat bed truck from Santa Rosa to go to Millbrae. We are not happy! $90k spent and it cant make it a week ? WTF
I’m not sure what you mean by “59 amp circuit breakers”. That’s not a thing.

What EVSE did you use? What does the wiring look like for the circuit?

My Lucid has never popped my breakers.

Hold judgement until you know the reason.

I am also confused by your post. The machine hanging on the wall is an EVSE and delivers the power to the car but is not the charger. The charger is actually inside the car. As noted, there is no such thing as a 59 amp breaker. Assuming you meant 60 amps, then your EVSE can deliver 48 amps to the car since the amperage delivery is at 80% of capacity. Is/was your EVSE set to deliver no more than 48 amps?

What error was displayed?

So...did your EVSE break or is it the car's charger?

I would recommend that you not jump to conclusions. Modern cars, like the Lucid Air, have been described as smart phones on wheels. While that is not completely true, there is a lot of electronic technology in your car and electronic stuff tends to fail early or not at all. You may just be the victim of the early fail and other than updates, your car may never go back to the service center.

Yes.
Yes, is a 240/ 50 amp outlet. The cable being used is the one from the trunk. Car was verified by L that the cable and its connections are fine. Prob is IN the car. TBD as to cause. Hope we get her home soon. Just filled up w high test gas.. a lot of under the breath cussing
Want my Sunshine burner back…

Yes.

Yes, is a 240/ 50 amp outlet. The cable being used is the one from the trunk. Car was verified by L that the cable and its connections are fine. Prob is IN the car. TBD as to cause. Hope we get her home soon. Just filled up w high test gas.. a lot of under the breath cussing
Want my Sunshine burner back…
Got it. It does sound like a failure in the car. I've heard of only one or two similar instances of this particular issue in the two years I've been on the forum. Hope yours gets repaired soon!

Back