DDP and SSP on Secondhand Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I am a business lawyer and what @Babyrocko1908 said is black letter law. Lucid was not a party to your transaction. Lucid has no idea what the first owner or dealer did to the car. Or removed, or broke, or modified. Other than Warranty, all contractual obligations, duties and implied covenants apply to the parties, not subsequent owners. Chevyland misrepresented the car, even if unintentionally done. It should have verified with Lucid. It hoped the Monroney was accurate. Hope is not a valid or legal strategy
2. I walked from the car because I could not get clear answers. .
3. At the exact same time as this transaction, I bought my 2023 AT from a well known MB dealer that took it in trade from a longstanding customer. Dealer was incredibly upfront. I had confidence.
4. I called Lucid and verified the options. Took minutes.
5. I called Lucid service and verified the service records. Took minutes. TIRE BUBBLES OF COURSE.....
I am a retired litigator and I agree with both Worldwide Beagle and Babyrock0 1908. The OP has zero chance of winning his argument. Yes...the label could have been clearer about which features are trial features but I am confident that the original buyer was told and knew.

Why is everyone that screws up, then become of victim?? And looking for a deep pocket to blame. No one wants to admit they messed up. I looked at that this car and the deal looked hinkey. Something did not add up. I walked away.

I disagree with your blaming Lucid here. Lucid did nothing wrong. You ignore the fact that there were TWO subsequent transactions AFTER Lucid sold the car and was no longer privity to the deals. Who knows what the hell the first owner said or didn't say to the Chevy dealer, and who knows what the Chevy did for due diligence, if anything. Guessing that the Chevy dealer thought they were getting a great deal they could flip for thousands. And the deal was too good to be true.

It's not rocket science to know that you cannot make any assumptions buying a used car.

My God, it was a brand new car, a month or so old, 300 miles, sold by a little old Chevy dealer in the middle of nowhere!! If that doesn't raise suspicions, and call for extreme due diligence, I don't know what would.

You are correct that the situation is messed up. But who failed to act appropriately in this expensive but unusual purchase? Not Lucid, it was never involved and appears to have never been consulted.
What’s this got to do with me? I said it’s bad word of mouth. Didn’t say a peep about whether or not the bad word of mouth is justified. It just… is there. I don’t want it to be, I don’t condone it, but I observe it.

Why. Won’t. This. Thread. Die???
We’ve got a bunch of actual attorneys saying the Monroney label doesn’t guarantee a permanently active feature on a second hand vehicle, and then people are still saying nope, you’re wrong attorneys cuz I graduated from the much more powerful school of Wishful Thinking? 🤷‍♂️

We’ve got a bunch of actual attorneys saying the Monroney label doesn’t guarantee a permanently active feature on a second hand vehicle, and then people are still saying nope, you’re wrong attorneys cuz I graduated from the much more powerful school of Wishful Thinking? 🤷‍♂️
@Bobby Maybe time to lock this one too?

Don’t knock my alma mater

Yes, it is time this thread gets locked. Let me make a quick summary for somebody who is reading it for the first time: caveat emptor. There was a point at which Lucid changed from Dream Drive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro being standard equipment to having various levels offered with a free trial of 90 days. If desired, the owner could upgrade later. If you are buying a Lucid on the secondhand market, do your due diligence and proper research if these features are important to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back