DD Versions, Trial, and Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tidal and no SS Pro. The ATMOS tracks no longer play and are skipped over. I don’t notice a big sound difference, but I am partially deaf.

My car has reverted back to SS after the trial period. I don't have a Tidal subscription, mostly listen to XM Beta or Spotify. So I was really, really hoping I wouldn't notice a difference with it gone because I didn't want to spend the extra money. But unfortunately I do. There's a richness and depth to the sound that's missing. It doesn't sound bad, but it is obvious, especially at higher volumes.

Has anyone let their DDPro trial end, lose the cameras, and then activated DDPremium?

If so, how long did it take from the time you purchased DDPremium until it was enabled in your Lucid?

Has anyone let their DDPro trial end, lose the cameras, and then activated DDPremium?

If so, how long did it take from the time you purchased DDPremium until it was enabled in your Lucid?
My trial expired yesterday. My wife was out driving when the features went dark. So I paid up right away, saw the notice about "up to 72 hours," but the features went back up before she even got home. Your mileage may vary.

hmmm... my trial ended yesterday but i still have everything? maybe 'cause i haven't gotten 2.1.2 yet?

hmmm... my trial ended yesterday but i still have everything? maybe 'cause i haven't gotten 2.1.2 yet?
Yes. You will not lose those subscription features until the update is applied.

So if your car same with dream drive up front do you need to worry about the subscription cost? I bought used

Now that my SSP subscription is expired I get to test out Surreal Sound. Dolby Atmos tracks will not start playing at all on Tidal. But it doesn't matter. The sound is quite good!

Maybe you don't want apply the update for a while.
For a short while, maybe. but be careful not to void your warranty. It states clearly that the owner is responsible for keeping the car up to date as new updates arrive.

So if your car same with dream drive up front do you need to worry about the subscription cost? I bought used
Create a profile online at Lucidmotors.com. When you log in, click on the upgrades tab. It should tell you if you have upgrades to SSP and DDP available. If there's nothing there, then your car has these. I assume the SSP and DDP are attached to the VIN #.

Create a profile online at Lucidmotors.com. When you log in, click on the upgrades tab. It should tell you if you have upgrades to SSP and DDP available. If there's nothing there, then your car has these. I assume the SSP and DDP are attached to the VIN #.
Not exactly. For those of us that bought used, we can not seem to get the Lucidmotors.com account linked to our car. Several posts about repeated attempts. My online web profile has nothing about my ownership. My Lucid app is fine and CC got it linked and working even before the car arrived. The app did show update available when I first got the car.

Not exactly. For those of us that bought used, we can not seem to get the Lucidmotors.com account linked to our car. Several posts about repeated attempts. My online web profile has nothing about my ownership. My Lucid app is fine and CC got it linked and working even before the car arrived. The app did show update available when I first got the car.
Ahh okay. Customer service isn't able to link the car to your online profile?

Ahh okay. Customer service isn't able to link the car to your online profile?
I have not tried. I've Only had the car for 6 days and still figuring it out..... But other used owners here have posted about trying repeatedly with CC. And some say the web portal does not add much/anything to ownership.

I have not tried. I've Only had the car for 6 days and still figuring it out..... But other used owners here have posted about trying repeatedly with CC. And some say the web portal does not add much/anything to ownership.
I’ve had the car for months and no luck with the web portal

Customer support confirmed to me a while back that there is (currently) no portal access for used owners. Don't think we're missing much so I just enjoy the car.

This thread does give rise to a small potential subset of cases they may need to address, though: the owner who buys a used car without the premium / pro features and wants to add them, but can't do so through the portal. I guess an email to customer support would be the right approach.

After driving 2 days without DDPro/SSPro, the only thing I regret losing is the front camera. Less so, the surround view camera display. I absolutely am equally happy without Highway assist which I didn't care for, and blind spot display on the front screen that I never used.

The benefit of SSP only appears with Dolby Atmos tracks. It was hard for me to access the limited Atmos tracks via Amazon Music using Alexa, and while the Tidal Atmos tracks sound great, there just isn't enough Atmos material available now to justify the cost of SSP and a Tidal subscription at $20/month since I already subscribe to Amazon Music and SiriusXM.

I wasn't prepared to lose the front facing camera since it wasn't clear to me that was only a part of the DDPro offering, but only expected to lose the 360 degree camera. The parking sensor markings in the lower display do help with parking, but they leave me wanting for more camera views. Whether or not I spring $2500 for DDPremium remains to be decided.

What I find annoying is still having to manually close the rear view camera after pulling out of my garage and then manually open home link to close my garage door. 1.5 years into production, I would have thought Lucid would have figure this out by now.

The upgrade pricing is substantially higher than for those currently ordering these options on a new car:
DD Pro $12,000 vs 10,000
DD Premium $2500 vs 2000
SS Pro $4500 vs 4000
and of course even even higher relative to legacy pricing.

Highly unfair and a wonderful way to alienate their greatest brand ambassadors.

Highly unfair and a wonderful way to alienate their greatest brand ambassadors.
How do you figure? The Dream and original GT buyers paid the price and didn’t complain about it. Later, Lucid provided a la cart options to help people who want to save some money. Somehow you feel that you shouldn’t have to pay what the rest of us paid, yet are entitled to the features? Sorry, you are a customer not an ambassador.

This topic also was flogged to death this past week or so. I think the general consensus was that buying ahead of time is more a discount rather than buying now is a penalty. The only one I think is kind of BS is the DDPremium because that didn't even exist when many people were making their choices. Lucid should walk that one back IMO and charge the $2k for a short period of time to allow for a fair upgrade. But only for 30 days or so, then back to $2500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back