DC Fast Charging adventure from So Cal to East Texas

I have a question: How is the 2nd row space compared to the lucid? Also, why didnt you decide to wait on the gravity?
I am still waiting on Gravity. But I have no confidence I can get Gravity this or next year. I bought this R1S from Carsandbids.com, the seller waited exactly 4 years from the time he placed order which is Nov 2018, he ordered right when he saw it at LA Auto Show, he finally got it on Nov 2022. I am also a reservation holder since July 2022. The seller locked in at pre-inflation and pre-Covid launch price of 76k. I did the same specs on its Configurator, it would be 97k today. And who knows when it is my turn to go thru assembly line, price may get bumped again. So paying 3k over today’s price + Carsandbids commission is a win/win for both seller and buyer.

The 2nd row space is sufficient, but if someone has to sit in 3rd row, 2nd row has to slide a little forward. I like how 2nd row can recline. Space-wise, Lucid Air 2nd row has slightly more leg room. However, this is THE ONLY BOXY SUV on the market now. I gotta have it. The design language spoke to me with love. And it is 36k cheaper than Model-X Plaid/enhanced auto-pilot even after Tesla’s recent price drop; and feature-wise, it kicks MX Plaid’s ass!!!

Somehow, I though Sam was in Houston.
As of now, MB is also plug and charge with EA when things work.
You may be right on the effects of the vast geography of Tx.
Must bc Sam Houston was founding father of Republic of Texas. 😹

In the interests of science, could you please repeat that trip in your Lucid and let us know how it differs? ;)
I don’t know if I like to put that much miles on my AGT. Driving comfort, road agility, acceleration beyond 60mph, drivetrain efficiency, reduced frequency of charging and charging speed, Lucid wins all in its hardware! But R1S has tons of cool features and practicality no other EV has yet. Its UI logic access make alot of sense and software works smoothly, gear guards, ability to adjust various heights from 8” to 15”, preset 9 driving modes and lots of outdoor gadgets for adventurous spirit in mind. I like the camp mode how is can go self-leveling and tweak ext/int lights in settings, camping gears are all custom fit to its compartment with built in lantern speaker, flashlight, etc. etc.

I don’t see CarPlay, Android Auto or SXM. But I don’t have problem with that as long as I have my iPhone and iPad. R1S USB-C port are data port, it allows user to download surveillance video on its motion sensor triggered Gear Guard (sentry mode).
B6A0B4F9-98E3-41AC-8B8A-66B1877FD871.jpeg

I am still waiting on Gravity. But I have no confidence I can get Gravity this or next year. I bought this R1S from Carsandbids.com, the seller waited exactly 4 years from the time he placed order which is Nov 2018, he ordered right when he saw it at LA Auto Show, he finally got it on Nov 2022. I am also a reservation holder since July 2022. The seller locked in at pre-inflation and pre-Covid launch price of 76k. I did the same specs on its Configurator, it would be 97k today. And who knows when it is my turn to go thru assembly line, price may get bumped again. So paying 3k over today’s price + Carsandbids commission is a win/win for both seller and buyer.

The 2nd row space is sufficient, but if someone has to sit in 3rd row, 2nd row has to slide a little forward. I like how 2nd row can recline. Space-wise, Lucid Air 2nd row has slightly more leg room. However, this is THE ONLY BOXY SUV on the market now. I gotta have it. The design language spoke to me with love. And it is 36k cheaper than Model-X Plaid/enhanced auto-pilot even after Tesla’s recent price drop; and feature-wise, it kicks MX Plaid’s ass!!!
What about materials? Headliner, carpet, etc. Compared to lucid?

I think R1S is luxurious, but in different style than Lucid. They are focus more being environmental friendly, rugged strength modern look and blend in with nature, even the sound of locking door is like bird chirping.

5BDD15C7-5618-4B15-837D-C34C69F0C6B9.jpeg
Alcantara all around headliners
F5F38CA6-A92E-4628-B41D-5FAEC1E7497E.jpeg
UV resistant vegan leather with brand badging everywhere with fine stitches, look and feel comfortable and durable.
98C35FAE-F497-4049-8E17-A2EBC4AC57C7.jpeg
Bamboo carpet easy to clean
34E727B2-07CE-45C5-AFA4-5829F354C55C.jpeg
Configurable cabin lights everywhere even at tailgate glass (Jeep Wrangler has to go thru after market to install tailgate light)

987E7427-2DD4-41AC-99DB-B9349F063FE3.jpeg
Wool and wood trim in dash board
A18183D8-65CB-4FB0-ADCD-99E336C5C7A7.jpeg82B46381-E861-41CC-A487-A8210685D982.jpeg9052D52A-C6C6-486F-87F0-CF68BD0E7988.jpeg1F335AB8-EF33-4C3F-9A47-1D9399F3D00B.jpeg
Curvy wood without varnish feel rugged luxury around dash, steering wheel, door panels, center console, coat hooks…
And USB-C ports in every row and every seat with WiFi Hotspot oriented for busy family.
7A33911F-DAF9-4BC8-9241-45B99BA3115A.jpeg
Double roof glasses, one above 1st and 2nd row, one above 3rd row.

Lucid Air is for stylistic individuals, performance oriented and financially set people looking for pampered comfort.

Rivian R1S is for busy family with young members, outdoor adventurous type.

Both vehicles have cabin feel of luxury. Air wins on performance handling, battery tech and efficiency. R1S wins as BEST electric SUV in the market now that can go off-roading with convenience of electric many creative electronic articulation without being grease monkey.

Lucid Air is for stylistic individuals, performance oriented and financially set people looking for pampered comfort.

Rivian R1S is for busy family with young members, outdoor adventurous type.

Both vehicles have cabin feel of luxury. Air wins on performance handling, battery tech and efficiency. R1S wins as BEST electric SUV in the market now that can go off-roading with convenience of electric many creative electronic articulation without being grease monkey.
If gravity is good, would you consider selling the r1s?

If gravity is good, would you consider selling the r1s?
I would still consider Gravity as I really like how Lucid design its Air. However, I don’t know about selling R1S. I started growing to attach R1S. This car just make me smile as how Air did for me whenever I look at it. So many ICE trucks and SUVs rolled down windows gave me a thumb up and wave. This reminds me of Jeep Wrangler camaraderie. For that, I think this brand may do well. I have many other reservations in case things don’t go well, I guess have to cancel them to accommodate R1S. Wife loves this car, she’s feels safer driving in car that is higher than most cars on the streets.

Back