Not open for further replies.

Tesla2.0

Referral Code - F0ZQ8SWA
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA

Jason is a little too gushing over the vehicle. Marques Brownlee's review (albeit less technical and less hooning) was more rounded as a real consumer would perceive the vehicle.

Jason is a little too gushing over the vehicle. Marques Brownlee's review (albeit less technical and less hooning) was more rounded as a real consumer would perceive the vehicle.

Yes, Jason is reviewing from driving enthusiast perspective where Marques is reviewing from electronic consumer perspective.

Certainly like Lucid Air. This CyberTruck has plenty of innovation from ground up design. 👍🏻

Dissapointed with the cost and range- wasn't it supposed to start at 40k, and have a trim that goes 500 miles- why does Musk constantly overpromise and underdeliver. Just like the Robotaxis. Yet he still seems very popular.

Dissapointed with the cost and range- wasn't it supposed to start at 40k, and have a trim that goes 500 miles- why does Musk constantly overpromise and underdeliver. Just like the Robotaxis. Yet he still seems very popular.

This makes Lucid looking good.

Yes, Jason is reviewing from driving enthusiast perspective where Marques is reviewing from electronic consumer perspective.

Certainly like Lucid Air. This CyberTruck has plenty of innovation from ground up design. 👍🏻

No matter what one thinks of the specs and design, I think it’s hard to argue against the notion that the Cybertruck is not innovative.

No matter what one thinks of the specs and design, I think it’s hard to argue against the notion that the Cybertruck is not innovative.
If those expectations wouldnt be set, the cybertruck would still be amazing. I went into yesterdays reveal thinking I would hate it but now I would get it over any other EV truck. It is really cool, fast, and is reasonable for actual work. Did I mention that it looks cool?

If those expectations wouldnt be set, the cybertruck would still be amazing. I went into yesterdays reveal thinking I would hate it but now I would get it over any other EV truck. It is really cool, fast, and is reasonable for actual work. Did I mention that it looks cool?

It’s definitely not my style and frankly I don’t like the design; perhaps that would change if I viewed in person. But everyone has different taste. Glad you like it!!

Looks like Musk hit his target demographic … 13 year olds!

Just a correction on innovation, Lexus did the steer by wire before Tesla

I was wondering when someone was going to mention this! EngineeringExplained has a great video on this.
With steer by wire, yoke or squircle can just make huge turn on 180 degree instead. I wonder Lucid will consider this in Gravity later on.
I wonder if it'll be too confusing to switch back and forth muscle memory wise which is why they didn't do it? I'm not sure exactly but seems like Lucid wanted to keep the steering more traditional

I was wondering when someone was going to mention this! EngineeringExplained has a great video on this.
What CyberTruck takes to next level is with up to 10 degrees rear steering in opposite of front to create better turning radius. This rear steering can also be used for crab-walk, but Tesla didn’t advertise that during delivery day.

I wonder if it'll be too confusing to switch back and forth muscle memory wise which is why they didn't do it? I'm not sure exactly but seems like Lucid wanted to keep the steering more traditional
Air does not have crazy long wheelbase for Lucid to dwell on that innovation. Much of their recent research and development went into torque vectoring of rear wheels in tri-motor Sapphire.

What CyberTruck takes to next level is with up to 10 degrees rear steering in opposite of front to create better turning radius. This rear steering can also be used for crab-walk, but Tesla didn’t advertise that during delivery day.

Air does not have crazy long wheelbase for Lucid to dwell on that innovation. Much of their recent research and development went into torque vectoring of rear wheels in tri-motor Sapphire.
Hummer EV and Mercedes EQS also have rear steering. It's not new for Tesla...

Not new, but still new. 😂

Just like Lucid Air 800V is not new as Taycan already had ahead of Air, but it is still new and not widely adopted yet. 😊

Not new, but still new. 😂

Just like Lucid Air 800V is not new as Taycan already had ahead of Air, but it is still new and not widely adopted yet. 😊
Right and just like how the Tesla 800v is not new either in the way they did it because GM also did the same thing lol.

I think the only true innovations in the CT are the exoskeleton frame and the 48V subsystems.

Correct. Our EQS SUV has 10 degree of rear steering. It's so nice for parking and pulling a U-turn. It is a bit disorienting at first and does take some getting used to. It might be a bit much with the 180 degree of steering wheel lock. With current 360 degree lock in our EQS I've almost turned into objects because it turns much faster than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back