Custom plates in CA

Amster

Verified Owner
Cars
ZR Grand Touring
Referral Code
U9GRC6K9
I'm sure someone here has ordered custom plates. How long did it take for you to get them? I'm getting impatient.

It took something like 8-10 weeks to get the HOV stickers. I can only imagine the custom license plates.

I currently have the black legacy plates on order. Initial CA DMV order receipt stated 8 to 12 weeks. After the three months had elapsed I did an online chat with a DMV employee. They indicated that they are currently running 6 to 9 months on deliveries. Oh well…what you gonna do.

I currently have the black legacy plates on order. Initial CA DMV order receipt stated 8 to 12 weeks. After the three months had elapsed I did an online chat with a DMV employee. They indicated that they are currently running 6 to 9 months on deliveries. Oh well…what you gonna do.
I hope that's just the black legacy ones. Otherwise, I guess it'll be a Christmas present from the state. Or even worse, a birthday present next March.

I was also able the reach the CA DMV and was given the same 6 to 9 months estimate. I’m currently at 5 months and counting. The staff member was able to confirm my requested plate had been approved and assigned to my AT and would be mailed out vs. having to appear in person to pick it up.

I was also able the reach the CA DMV and was given the same 6 to 9 months estimate. I’m currently at 5 months and counting. The staff member was able to confirm my requested plate had been approved and assigned to my AT and would be mailed out vs. having to appear in person to pick it up.
BTW it’s the black vintage version.

I did an online chat with DMV yesterday. I ordered mine in June of 2023. The timeframe is now out to 9 to 12 months for processing and delivery. 😢 We might even get Android Auto before I get my plates!

BTW it’s the black vintage version.
As a follow up, my black personalized plates were ordered in March and I received them in November; 8 months vs the outside estimate from DMV of 9 months. My plate is a very aerodynamic
“PT197CD” 😂

You didn't ask, but you know that you can order "decal" style plates for the front bumper? These have the advantage of not messing up the nice aerodynamics of the car. I like mine.

Back