Current Functionality of DreamDrive Pro

As far as the Tesla FSD suite goes I opted and paid for it on both my model Ss. I had a few phantom brake issues but most annoying was the constant nag every 1-2 minutes to grab the steering wheel. At that point I’d rather drive myself. I toyed going with the hanging weight hack on the steering wheel but the Tesla software writers got wise to this before I ever attempted my deception. So I paid for a system that to this day has not fully come to fruition. I sold the last model S 6 months ago and the new owner tells me they won’t let him be a beta tester due to a few black marks of not paying attention to the nags. I only hope that Lucid with its LiDAR approach does a better job with this in the ensuing months.

First post.
Lucid notified me to order my GT but awaiting test drive appointment next week.
This is disappointing about Dream Drive Pro so far being no better than my 2016 Audi A7 adaptive cruise control. If they are so close to rolling it out, why are they not beta testing it?
The lack of beta test makes me concerned that DD Pro will not have steering assist and lane centering by the time I take delivery later this year based on the current timeline.
You think this feature will just appear without any beta testing and revision?

First post.
This is disappointing about Dream Drive Pro so far being no better than my 2016 Audi A7 adaptive cruise control. If they are so close to rolling it out, why are they not beta testing it?
The lack of beta test makes me concerned that DD Pro will not have steering assist and lane centering by the time I take delivery later this year based on the current timeline.
It's pretty much a guarantee they are beta testing it, just not using owners as beta testers for this software.

"Later this year" is where Tesla's "Full Self Driving" has been for 4+ years. So far it's been mostly TACC, lane centering, and lane changes. At up to $12K.
But it’s this year right? Lol!

Just like how they were apparently going to mine a couple of years ago and today it’s “considering mining”. Everything that comes out of that guys mouth should be taken with a grain of salt.

Only company that seems to be able to get away with blatantly lying and people just ignore it.

To be fair, they ARE working on it. Here are a few pictures of test cars with sensors on them:

1649734892410.png
1649734925807.png
1649734946014.png

This is disappointing about Dream Drive Pro so far being no better than my 2016 Audi A7 adaptive cruise control.
I’ve driven other cars with adaptive cruise control … this is WORLDS better.

the blending into traffic or reacting to cars jumping into the gap is smooth and provides a world of confidence. Previous car makers versions I simply turned off

the blending into traffic or reacting to cars jumping into the gap is smooth and provides a world of confidence. Previous car makers versions I simply turned off
My thoughts exactly...given my other cars, including one with ACC, if you can have the car do everything except steer, it's leaps and bounds better than what I can do today.

Thanks for the info. Will test it out on Monday.
The technology and design of this car will still be current and fresh in 10 years IMO, and with a remaining range of at least 350miles after 10 years, the GT actually seems like a value to me.
Everyone else will be playing catch-up to Lucid's motor and battery engineering for a while.

It's pretty much a guarantee they are beta testing it, just not using owners as beta testers for this software.
So technically that would be alpha testing. There are some very experienced users on this forum (like Bobby) and they would make excellent beta testers to further test out the product.

So technically that would be alpha testing. There are some very experienced users on this forum (like Bobby) and they would make excellent beta testers to further test out the product.
No, that would be beta testing. Giving it to general users makes it production software, even if Tesla calls something beta. Netscape came out with the concept of an "open beta," which is oxymoronic. Beta testing is not necessarily open to owners. Most beta testing I've done has been with hardware or software that I hadn't bought, but generally got for free as thanks for the beta testing. Nobody gives away cars, though.

A real beta test tries to address specific issues, but the underlying assumption is that everything is supposed to function properly by the time of the test, with the exception of more superficial things such as messages. These days, things make it to beta or even production with known bugs.

Hi Haggy- have had my GT over a year. Coming up on 25k miles. Litany of issues with car - but still love it. This is for another thread... For Dream Drive pro- Highway assist went live about 6 months ago. Traffic assist not live yet - I don't think at least. When car stops I have to press accelerator to release it from HOLD.
Current status of Highway assist is like Tesla Autopilot V1. It works ok - and glad to have it. I hope it improves- but get sense they may have stopped working on it. Going around curves on highways faster than 60 MPH it loses the lane keeping. Graphics on screen don't show other vehicles to the side, just vehicle in front. If car moves to one side of land or other- it does not show this graphically. Your car is always miraculously centered in the lane - even when it's not. So bit of fake news.

I owned 2 different Tesla Model S' for 6 years - was early adopter. I got the sense that auto pilot was constantly learning and improving on the fly. Anticipating curves, slowing down where appropriate. I don't see this learning yet on Lucid.

One thing I like about Highway assist is that when you shift lanes, it let's you do it easily- and re-engages automatically in new lane. Subjective - Tesla wheel feels tight when on autopilot. Lucid feels less so - more apt to float out of lane around corner. I personally prefer the Tesla autopilot tightness.

Have said this before - Love my Lucid air more than Tesla- which I loved too. Drive quality, luxury, range, looks, audio- hands down winner. Tech is only aspect lacking. Best I can say it's 'fine' - but for a super car the bar should be much higher. I don't get the sense they're investing much into it either- especially given all the criticism. It seems like this part should be the easiest to fix given the hardware- and much more of a priority. Oh well.

Hope this helps!

Hi Haggy- have had my GT over a year. Coming up on 25k miles. Litany of issues with car - but still love it. This is for another thread... For Dream Drive pro- Highway assist went live about 6 months ago. Traffic assist not live yet - I don't think at least. When car stops I have to press accelerator to release it from HOLD.
Current status of Highway assist is like Tesla Autopilot V1. It works ok - and glad to have it. I hope it improves- but get sense they may have stopped working on it. Going around curves on highways faster than 60 MPH it loses the lane keeping. Graphics on screen don't show other vehicles to the side, just vehicle in front. If car moves to one side of land or other- it does not show this graphically. Your car is always miraculously centered in the lane - even when it's not. So bit of fake news.

I owned 2 different Tesla Model S' for 6 years - was early adopter. I got the sense that auto pilot was constantly learning and improving on the fly. Anticipating curves, slowing down where appropriate. I don't see this learning yet on Lucid.

One thing I like about Highway assist is that when you shift lanes, it let's you do it easily- and re-engages automatically in new lane. Subjective - Tesla wheel feels tight when on autopilot. Lucid feels less so - more apt to float out of lane around corner. I personally prefer the Tesla autopilot tightness.

Have said this before - Love my Lucid air more than Tesla- which I loved too. Drive quality, luxury, range, looks, audio- hands down winner. Tech is only aspect lacking. Best I can say it's 'fine' - but for a super car the bar should be much higher. I don't get the sense they're investing much into it either- especially given all the criticism. It seems like this part should be the easiest to fix given the hardware- and much more of a priority. Oh well.

Hope this helps!

I thought it was just my car. My car in HA also loses its way on freeway bends, when taken at speeds above 70 mph.

1. Yes, but you’ll have to tap on the accelerator or hit the up button to restart. It does alert you when traffic has restarted again, and if it only slows to 1mph or so it will continue up.

2. It has lane departure warnings where it will try to nudge you back in the lane (passively and actively, optionally) but not lane centering. Lane centering is coming with Highway Assist later this year; for now, you’ve gotta steer.

3. Nope. That should come with Highway Assist as well, per my understanding, later this year.
I guess @borski means that it will come with Traffic Jam Assist later this year.

First post.
Highway Assist now does lane centering and steering BTW. I think you are asking for Traffic Jam Assist where it detects that a car has stopped and it will also stop on the surface street and highway. ACC works on the surface streets but it does not detect that a car has stopped at the traffic light. It does not detect that the traffic light is red. You have to apply brake manual or regen.

I thought it was just my car. My car in HA also loses its way on freeway bends, when taken at speeds above 70 mph.
There are many curves on I95 near Providence RI I routinely take above 70mph and HA for me manages them just fine…sometimes, and other times it will lose it on the identical curve. That inconsistency is a problem as I’ll expect it to do fine and then randomly it won’t so you really have to be on guard near bigger curves. Smaller curves it handles great above 70mph for me though. Also the latest OTA immensely improved lane changing. You no longer have to fight the car at all to change lanes. I’m very happy about that.

Highway Assist now does lane centering and steering BTW. I think you are asking for Traffic Jam Assist where it detects that a car has stopped and it will also stop on the surface street and highway. ACC works on the surface streets but it does not detect that a car has stopped at the traffic light. It does not detect that the traffic light is red. You have to apply brake manual or regen.
You know you're replying to posts from over a year ago, right?

You know you're replying to posts from over a year ago, right?
Ah. I see. The date of the post is so dark gray with the black background

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230414_195305_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230414_195305_Chrome.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 59

Hope this helps!
Thanks for that. For the comparison to AP1, you mean over its lifetime? Initially, the ACC was on par with something from 2006. It worked well, as long as you didn't expect it to bring you to a stop. Over time, it improved tremendously, and is as good as anything of the type that I've used, even on high end 2022 cars that I've tried.

Autosteer has also improved incredibly since then, and it's definitely improved in the time since AP2 came out. The latest version has done things based on cars in adjacent lanes even getting close to my lane suddenly.

I still have one of the first Teslas made with Autopilot, and I have one of the first few hundred Model 3s, so I got to see the technology criss cross, with AP2 starting off behind, but FSD still not being good enough on local streets.

What I've learned from all this is that I probably don't need FSD on local streets and it's more a matter of having the tech for the fun of it. AP1 features make driving easier, especially on long trips, and the only thing that I miss from AP2+ when using AP1 is having it change lanes for me on highways when I'm in an unfamiliar place with complex freeways and I might have missed a lane change or exit without it. Ironically, it can handle crowded Los Angeles freeways better than it can handle my quiet neighborhood.

But for the most part, I have a better idea of when to change lanes than the car does. I have to look before lane changes anyway, so most of the time, it's saving me a flick of the turn signal lever at most, which is not a big deal.

I've also driven a Tesla with what's now the base autopilot and I didn't like it. Having to turn it back on after changing lanes manually was annoying but not reading speed limit signs meant that if the speed limit was 80mph, and it thought that it was 55, I had to either turn off autosteer or manage my own speed, neither of which is safer than letting me ignore what it thinks that the speed limit is.

For now, having something with good working lane centering that lets me drive at an appropriate speed with good ACC is what I want, as long as it doesn't have impossible to deal with nags. With Tesla, designing a system where you need torque on the steering wheel to use autosteer, or torque on the steering wheel to not use it (i.e. disengage it) makes it very awkward, forcing me to take my eyes off the road to look for nag messages, it ending up with autosteer off because the car wanted to move the steering wheel a tad more or less than my grip allowed.

I'm fine with a car that makes sure that I'm watching the road and I understand that some people are fine with Tesla as long as they hold the wheel slightly, but we are all built differently and Tesla's system of checking for attention doesn't work for people like me. Plus, there's no relationship to holding the wheel and paying attention in the first place.

I'm fine with steps back from where the latest FSD is on freeways, but the fact that I thought that Dream Drive was almost there a year ago but I still haven't heard big news gives me echoes of Tesla.

Back