Consumer Reports rating of the Touring in Aug 2023 issue.

So what? The Mazda was a better car. In general, Mazda still are better than most of its mainstream competitors. People bought VHS which destroyed Beta although Beta was a better alternative. What people buy proves nothing about the quality and performance of what they purchase.
Lucid Air is proof that.

I had a 1994 Millenia, it was wonderful. Supercharged 2.3l V6 making 210hp, which was a lot then.

I don't understand when people refuse to acknowledge Teslas as luxury cars. A Tesla M3 competes more with BMW 3 series, Mercedes C class, Audi A4 in all dimensions, price, and categories than a Honda civic. Do you not consider 3 series, C class, and A4 luxury cars?
When I had my Lucid in for service, they gave me a Model 3 to drive and I would say that in no way is it a luxury car. The fit and finish in no way compared with BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar and certainly not Lucid. The overall feeling I had in the car was cheap. A coworker of mine that just bought a model Y said that his car did not compare with mine. I did look at the Mercedes and BMW, but did not seriously consider the Teslas.

When I had my Lucid in for service, they gave me a Model 3 to drive and I would say that in no way is it a luxury car. The fit and finish in no way compared with BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar and certainly not Lucid. The overall feeling I had in the car was cheap. A coworker of mine that just bought a model Y said that his car did not compare with mine. I did look at the Mercedes and BMW, but did not seriously consider the Teslas.

I think too many people mistake expensive for luxury. Teslas are, generally speaking expensive. But I agree that they are not luxurious.

I am curious. I rejected the Mercedes and BMW because I thought they were both too ugly and, in the case of the Merc, too expensive for what you get. But I thought the BMWs drove beautifully; alas the appearance didn't match the driving.

Why did you not select them.

Teslas are, generally speaking expensive.
A model 3 costs $38k before federal incentive and a model Y is like a couple thousand more. I think that makes it cheaper than a Camry or even a RAV4. they fall below the average new car price. That makes them INexpensive imo. It’s good value for the money. Of course it’s not a luxury car, but it’s pretty good as an appliance. I’d probably get my kid a base model 3 instead of a Prius for about the same price if I had to pick something today

A model 3 costs $38k before federal incentive and a model Y is like a couple thousand more. I think that makes it cheaper than a Camry or even a RAV4. they fall below the average new car price. That makes them INexpensive imo. It’s good value for the money. Of course it’s not a luxury car, but it’s pretty good as an appliance. I’d probably get my kid a base model 3 instead of a Prius for about the same price if I had to pick something today
Not for long: https://www.slashgear.com/1470052/tesla-model-3-losing-ev-tax-incentive-2024/

Back