Connected Home Charger - Speed Decreasing on 100A Circuit

Still no change for me. 18kw for about 45 minutes and then fluctuates between 7-10kw for the rest, after previously staying at 18kw for the entire charge.

@coma24 Who did you contact to start the replacement process for the LCHCS? And what did you need to provide to them/what was the process? TIA
 
Still no change for me. 18kw for about 45 minutes and then fluctuates between 7-10kw for the rest, after previously staying at 18kw for the entire charge.

@coma24 Who did you contact to start the replacement process for the LCHCS? And what did you need to provide to them/what was the process? TIA
Contact customer care - I had mine replaced for the same reason. They ask you to take some photos and a few voltage readings.
 
I don't believe the issue is due to the Lucid home charging system firmware. My home charger is not the Lucid, yet to Lucid air runs perfectly on my home charger but the Gravity has issues. It also has issues on the service center Lucid charger as well. It's a combination of software and hardware issues plauging the vehicle.
 
I don't believe the issue is due to the Lucid home charging system firmware. My home charger is not the Lucid, yet to Lucid air runs perfectly on my home charger but the Gravity has issues. It also has issues on the service center Lucid charger as well. It's a combination of software and hardware issues plauging the vehicle.
That may be true for your vehicle; that’s entirely possible.

FWIW, replacing my LCHCS solved all of my issues. Both my Air and Gravity charge at full speed.

It is likely these are two separate issues.
 
That may be true for your vehicle; that’s entirely possible.

FWIW, replacing my LCHCS solved all of my issues. Both my Air and Gravity charge at full speed.

It is likely these are two separate issues.
is your Lucid home charger the NACS model?
 
is your Lucid home charger the NACS model?
Nope. J1772, and I use it both with and without an adapter (since we have both Air and Gravity)
 
Nope. J1772, and I use it both with and without an adapter (since we have both Air and Gravity)
I have the NACS version. Not sure if that’s the culprit, but I’ve put in a service request for Lucid to look into it. I’m expecting to receive the run around as usual.
 
best way to proceed is to contact customer care and work through them. they were able to diagnose and ship me a replacement unit. for those with third party chargers, i think contacting customer care is still warranted. only way lucid can get establish root cause (there could be more than 1) would be get more data!
 
FWIW, replacing my LCHCS solved all of my issues. Both my Air and Gravity charge at full speed.
You wouldn't happen to have the Model/Software Version numbers for the old and new LCHCS? Or at least what version is your LHCS? I bought 3 "newer" NACS versions a month ago and still have not installed them. They are about 3 months newer than the one I have installed in my vacation home that has the decreasing amperage issue*. I suppose we can start exchanging version numbers here and see if there is any correlation to the failures.

I would venture to guess that you getting a newer LCHCS was merely a means of getting newer firmware. Aside from the physical connector (NACS vs CCS), their should be little firmware differences - possibly only supporting the release buttons.

My LCHCS SW version information under Maintenance->System
Image 3-19-26 at 3.17 PM.webp

*Also have an issue if, let say, I want to charge to 80%. If I unplug at 79% and then plug back in, the charger will constantly cycle on/off.
 
You wouldn't happen to have the Model/Software Version numbers for the old and new LCHCS? Or at least what version is your LHCS? I bought 3 "newer" NACS versions a month ago and still have not installed them. They are about 3 months newer than the one I have installed in my vacation home that has the decreasing amperage issue*. I suppose we can start exchanging version numbers here and see if there is any correlation to the failures.

I would venture to guess that you getting a newer LCHCS was merely a means of getting newer firmware. Aside from the physical connector (NACS vs CCS), their should be little firmware differences - possibly only supporting the release buttons.

My LCHCS SW version information under Maintenance->System

*Also have an issue if, let say, I want to charge to 80%. If I unplug at 79% and then plug back in, the charger will constantly cycle on/off.
IMG_4439.webp

I suspect the -03 on the part number matters more than the firmware. My original one was a -00. This is, afaict, rev. 3
 
View attachment 37483
I suspect the -03 on the part number matters more than the firmware. My original one was a -00. This is, afaict, rev. 3
I checked and all the 3 new LCHCSs, which are still in the box, have the -00 suffix. But this means it's probably the first version of the NACS hardware. Remember that when the CCS version came out, it really didn't properly support VTx, although they claimed it would. So they have iterated 3 times since then. I would think they used the latest base version of the hardware when they did the NACS version.

Now we need to have people here tell us what their Model names are and if they have problems.
 
So I have a loner Air Pure. Identical to my car. Same throttling issue on my gen 3 Tesla charger. I’ve also now tested my own car on my in law’s Tesla universal wall charger and it still happens. I am convinced this is a software issue from May 2025.
 
Just noticed this same problem which could have been happening for a while. I'm using the Lucid charger with the model ending in -02. I opened a ticket with Lucid, nothing back on it yet but this seems like it's been a long-running issue that they're not focusing on to fix. FWIW, my charging handle doesn't really get hot, but the cable is always warm when charging. Nothing out of the ordinary besides the slowdown to 31 amps from 80.
charger.webp
 
So I picked up my car from Service today for its one year service visit and while I was waiting for the call, I asked a bunch of the service guys if they’ve had complaints about throttling on home chargers whether it’s a Lucid charger or not. Some of them said that they’ve heard of this issue and that it started sometime a while ago. When I told them that I think that we’ve all crowd sourced it to sometime around May of last year, it seemed to line up with their recollection, and from what they recall, it has something to do with the protection of the battery or battery management. So a lot of that has already been speculated to in this massive thread, but I think that barring a software fix that will adjust this. We all might just have to live with this unless you have a Lucid charger or able to get one of those revisions that seems to address the issue. For those of us on a non-Lucid charger it doesn’t seem like there’s much that can be done.
 
So I picked up my car from Service today for its one year service visit and while I was waiting for the call, I asked a bunch of the service guys if they’ve had complaints about throttling on home chargers whether it’s a Lucid charger or not. Some of them said that they’ve heard of this issue and that it started sometime a while ago. When I told them that I think that we’ve all crowd sourced it to sometime around May of last year, it seemed to line up with their recollection, and from what they recall, it has something to do with the protection of the battery or battery management. So a lot of that has already been speculated to in this massive thread, but I think that barring a software fix that will adjust this. We all might just have to live with this unless you have a Lucid charger or able to get one of those revisions that seems to address the issue. For those of us on a non-Lucid charger it doesn’t seem like there’s much that can be done.
It's still happens on Lucid chargers, that's not the fix.
 
That may be true for your vehicle; that’s entirely possible.

FWIW, replacing my LCHCS solved all of my issues. Both my Air and Gravity charge at full speed.

It is likely these are two separate issues.
I'm now having the same problem! I have requested a replacement.
 
Back
Top