Connected Home Charger - Speed Decreasing on 100A Circuit

So we are back to thinking its the LHCS now? My car is being looked at next week when its in for 2 year service. they will run through the checks then.
 
So we are back to thinking its the LHCS now? My car is being looked at next week when its in for 2 year service. they will run through the checks then.
Given that my Air does it and my Gravity doesn't, I still blame the car. But I'm willing to engage and replace the EVSE if it turns out that's the issue. I should really get this investigated, ugh. Been too busy.
 
Respectfully, I thought it was the charger.
And you may very well be right; what I don't understand is why the Gravity does not do the same thing, then, and just charges at 80A the entire time.
 
well if it is the EVSE does anyone recall the warranty terms on it?
 
And you may very well be right; what I don't understand is why the Gravity does not do the same thing, then, and just charges at 80A the entire time.
you must have an adapter to charge the gravity. that could be playing a part in holding the charge rate
 
you must have an adapter to charge the gravity. that could be playing a part in holding the charge rate
We do, but NACS<>J1772 adapters are literally dumb. I suppose you're right, though, that it is technically another component that could theoretically do something.
 
Given @borski's experience on two different models on the same charger (but two different models on two divergent software versions), and given the demonstrative history of this cropping up around the same time period for most in here (May-ish 2025), I still believe odds are it is a software issue.
 
We do, but NACS<>J1772 adapters are literally dumb. I suppose you're right, though, that it is technically another component that could theoretically do something.
The question is though was the adaptor the same pre and post May 2025? If all other elements were the same, it's not the adaptor.
 
I haven’t been monitoring the LCHS software version. Any chance it was a software update on that? I’m not home right now but it maybe worth logging into its portal and grabbing its version. Will do so tonight or tomorrow
 
I haven’t been monitoring the LCHS software version. Any chance it was a software update on that? I’m not home right now but it maybe worth logging into its portal and grabbing its version. Will do so tonight or tomorrow
It’s happening on other chargers like Tesla gen 3 wall chargers as well.
 
It’s happening on other chargers like Tesla gen 3 wall chargers as well.
To my knowledge that is limited to 48a on a 60a circuit right? I don’t have any issues when I set the charge rate to 56a draw on my car. So if it happens to some at 48a then the plot thickens doesn’t it.
 
To my knowledge that is limited to 48a on a 60a circuit right? I don’t have any issues when I set the charge rate to 56a draw on my car. So if it happens to some at 48a then the plot thickens doesn’t it.
Exactly! Especially bc it was working fine through my first two months in on my lease (not to mention five on 6 years of two different Teslas.
 
The question is though was the adaptor the same pre and post May 2025? If all other elements were the same, it's not the adaptor.
Yes, but to be honest, I had not been paying as much attention back then.
 
I’ve been experiencing same issue since May/June. Brought car into Millbrae SC, but they could not replicate problem. Now Customer Care is requesting charger logs, but I can’t get my charger to connect to Linksys mesh network.
 
Exactly! Especially bc it was working fine through my first two months in on my lease (not to mention five on 6 years of two different Teslas.

In my mind, unless there is some other variable correlating, so far the only thing is the charge rate. maybe we have to think about this differently. meaning temperature of the cabling.. I don't have the tools to measure the cabling temp and I'm not going to go buy it for this :). But, if its happening on the 60a circuit with a max draw of 48a, presumably the charging cable is thinner with a higher gauge wiring and could hit the same high temp at a lower current. Therefore when it hits a limit, is there a possibility that the charging system is reporting this to the car and the car is throttling back?

i don't know how any of this works or is supposed to work.. just conjecture on my part..
 
When Lucid finally replaced my LCHCS... that fixed my issue. It would go 18kw for the 1st 15 - 45 minutes, and then drop to 7kw - 8kw for the remaining time. Took them 5 months before they said to replace the charger. Now i consistenly stay at 18kw... and as low as 16kw.

My only issue is when they changed my battery recently, they gave me a battery that had less mileage at 80%... 370 down to 355 and won't charge faster than 69 miles/hr when it used to do 80mi/hr.
Do you mind pulling a few things from the LCHCS portal? Model Name, Network FW version, Safety FW version?

here is mine:
Model Name : P11-Y25901-02
Network FW version : 01.01.25
Safety FW version : 02.14.54
 
Do you mind pulling a few things from the LCHCS portal? Model Name, Network FW version, Safety FW version?

here is mine:
Model Name : P11-Y25901-02
Network FW version : 01.01.25
Safety FW version : 02.14.54
P11-Y25901-02. Cannot access the LCHS portal.
 
Back
Top