Connected Home Charger - Speed Decreasing on 100A Circuit

Anyone with this issue have a resolution? Still happening to me every charging session. And temps finally cooling a bit here.
 
Was hoping this was something that was magically addressed in 2.8.4 but still happening to me as well. I've asked again for service to look at the issue again.
 
Was hoping this was something that was magically addressed in 2.8.4 but still happening to me as well. I've asked again for service to look at the issue again.
Same! Was hoping it would be part of the “robustness” lol. Curious, what are you charging with at home? Have you tried DC fast charging to see if car exhibits same behavior?

I’m trying to rule out adapter, or wall charger but it seems others with same issue also point out that problem occurred after one of the recent SW updates.
 
Yeah, this has been happening a lot with people with Tesla GEN three wall chargers, but he reviewed the thread. It’s also been happening with people using this stone wall charger. It started happening around May of this year. I don’t think it’s a DC charging issue at least it isn’t for me.
 
Was not fixed in 2.8.4. Charging now at high speed since it failed to charge last night and we need a charge. However, the 80 amp speed only lasted for 45’ and it has been charging at 7 kW ever since. What gives? No point on having an 80 amp Lucid charger if it can’t charge consistently at 80 amps when you want it to.
 
Was not fixed in 2.8.4. Charging now at high speed since it failed to charge last night and we need a charge. However, the 80 amp speed only lasted for 45’ and it has been charging at 7 kW ever since. What gives? No point on having an 80 amp Lucid charger if it can’t charge consistently at 80 amps when you want it to.
Yep, that’s the precise issue.
 
Was not fixed in 2.8.4. Charging now at high speed since it failed to charge last night and we need a charge. However, the 80 amp speed only lasted for 45’ and it has been charging at 7 kW ever since. What gives? No point on having an 80 amp Lucid charger if it can’t charge consistently at 80 amps when you want it to.
This, and the user experience for me on the app to even initiate a charge. Wait for the car to "wake up" then have it start charging. Once "charging stopped" appears, it takes a while via the app to re-initiate a charging session. For me, this is the most annoying issue I'm having with the car but it sounds like it's software. I'm probably going to schedule service just to get the vehicle in the system and documented as having this issue. Maybe more of us having that official input will push the team to look into this further.
 
Yep, that’s the precise issue.
OK you asked for it you got it.
Here is a graph of the my 2025 AGT charging from about 17% to 80%. As you can see it took a total of 4.5 hours with all but 15 minutes (at the end of the charging) at 76 to 81 amps! In the last 15 minutes the charging dropped to 55 amps.
This is using the Autel 80 amp Maxi Charger. My car does not have the software upgrade yet and is still running 2.8.0. Temperature in the garage was low 90s during the charge.

So, assuming you have the same software, I dont know how the slow charging could be anything but the charger you are using.

IMG_4818.webp
 
@Bill AGT Wish I could blame it on the charger. I have a bank of 10 EV Connect L2 chargers at my YMCA and I have the same thing happening on at least 5 of the chargers there. I'll get 16 kW for anywhere from 15-30 minutes and then 6 kW. If I move to a different charger - I'll see the same. I took the car to the Natick service center and they saw the same on their L2 charger. They also noticed the same on a loaner they had there. They had engineer monitoring the car and said the car was requesting full charge - so I don't know. I didn't realize others had this issue or I would have pressed. Here's a sample of a session :).
Screenshot 2025-09-22 at 9.50.52 AM.webp
 
Seems like if the car is requesting full charge and it is not getting it, the charger is at fault. Is that graph from the service center? I assume the service center engineer (Lucid Engineer?) knows more than I do.
Would love to see what would happen if it were plugged into a charger like mine.
Very curious -
 
OK you asked for it you got it.
Here is a graph of the my 2025 AGT charging from about 17% to 80%. As you can see it took a total of 4.5 hours with all but 15 minutes (at the end of the charging) at 76 to 81 amps! In the last 15 minutes the charging dropped to 55 amps.
This is using the Autel 80 amp Maxi Charger. My car does not have the software upgrade yet and is still running 2.8.0. Temperature in the garage was low 90s during the charge.

So, assuming you have the same software, I dont know how the slow charging could be anything but the charger you are using.

View attachment 32623
It’s the car. I have this problem, and my gravity charges fine on our LCHCS; but the Air, recently, charges at half speed after a little while.
 
@Bill AGT Wish I could blame it on the charger. I have a bank of 10 EV Connect L2 chargers at my YMCA and I have the same thing happening on at least 5 of the chargers there. I'll get 16 kW for anywhere from 15-30 minutes and then 6 kW. If I move to a different charger - I'll see the same. I took the car to the Natick service center and they saw the same on their L2 charger. They also noticed the same on a loaner they had there. They had engineer monitoring the car and said the car was requesting full charge - so I don't know. I didn't realize others had this issue or I would have pressed. Here's a sample of a session :).View attachment 32624
Same issue I have with my LCHCS at home. My Gravity charges fine. It’s the car.

@marqie I’m happy to be a guinea pig for this one since I can reproduce it trivially in my garage; is there any way to get this looked at internally? It’s affecting a lot of people, myself included, and it’s been months; we’ve narrowed the issue down to the vehicle, not the EVSE.
 
Seems like if the car is requesting full charge and it is not getting it, the charger is at fault. Is that graph from the service center? I assume the service center engineer (Lucid Engineer?) knows more than I do.
Would love to see what would happen if it were plugged into a charger like mine.
Very curious -
Graph is from Teslalogger-get some cool stats from it. I have a juicebox 40 at home which didn't seem to have an issue but it at a lower output.
 
Same issue I have with my LCHCS at home. My Gravity charges fine. It’s the car.

@marqie I’m happy to be a guinea pig for this one since I can reproduce it trivially in my garage; is there any way to get this looked at internally? It’s affecting a lot of people, myself included, and it’s been months; we’ve narrowed the issue down to the vehicle, not the EVSE.
I have flagged this with the team.
 
Might be coincidence but I didn't have an issue at my YMCA charger this morning. Stayed at 16kW for over 90 minutes.
 
When Lucid finally replaced my LCHCS... that fixed my issue. It would go 18kw for the 1st 15 - 45 minutes, and then drop to 7kw - 8kw for the remaining time. Took them 5 months before they said to replace the charger. Now i consistenly stay at 18kw... and as low as 16kw.

My only issue is when they changed my battery recently, they gave me a battery that had less mileage at 80%... 370 down to 355 and won't charge faster than 69 miles/hr when it used to do 80mi/hr.
 
When Lucid finally replaced my LCHCS... that fixed my issue. It would go 18kw for the 1st 15 - 45 minutes, and then drop to 7kw - 8kw for the remaining time. Took them 5 months before they said to replace the charger. Now i consistenly stay at 18kw... and as low as 16kw.

My only issue is when they changed my battery recently, they gave me a battery that had less mileage at 80%... 370 down to 355 and won't charge faster than 69 miles/hr when it used to do 80mi/hr.
Was this through service or through customer care? I should get that process started.

I’m surprised that would fix it though, since my Gravity charges at the full 80A.
 
In the end, it was through customer care. They had my case notes from Feb/March of this year along with my service visit etc... Had to take pictures of the wiring, measurements of the voltage, the breaker, charger, dip switches, etc.... Eventually, they gave in. Only took 5 months!!! :) Good luck.
 
What's the max charging rate on the Air?
 
Back
Top