Comed denied rebate-Lucid Charger not Energy Star certified

translux

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cars
Touring
Referral Code
SNAGMSEE
So after waiting months I finally get a rejection email from Comed that due to the charger not being ENERGY STAR certified and I assume NRTL certified no rebate.
Looking through the documents this is in fact a qualification. I don't see any mention of Energy Star certification for the Lucid Home charger.
I know others have been successful with rebates.
Should the Lucid charger qualify?
Was this not part of the qualification for your provider?
Do you have a different charger? If so what make/model qualified?

I didn’t go with the lucid charger and got a 1k rebate from eversource in MA. I went with a ChargePoint 50A and had a 60A line installed. Total costs were 2k including charger costs. After rebate , 1K. I didn’t go with lucid since the charger wasn’t listed in their acceptable charger list that qualify for the rebate. I bet the lucid charger is energy star but the electric companies don’t know since no one told them, mainly lucid…

I didn’t go with the lucid charger and got a 1k rebate from eversource in MA. I went with a ChargePoint 50A and had a 60A line installed. Total costs were 2k including charger costs. After rebate , 1K. I didn’t go with lucid since the charger wasn’t listed in their acceptable charger list that qualify for the rebate. I bet the lucid charger is energy star but the electric companies don’t know since no one told them, mainly lucid…
Thanks for the response. I did read that someone here in Illinois was able to get just the installation cost covered using the Lucid charger. I’m going to call tomorrow and see what possible.

Lucids web site has the manual for the charger. On page 10, it lists the following certifications. Doesn’t mention energy star but UL and FCC certs. Not sure what this means as I’m no expert but sharing what I found when I tried to look this up.

Attachments

• IMG_7390.webp
    IMG_7390.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 45
Lucids web site has the manual for the charger. On page 10, it lists the following certifications. Doesn’t mention energy star but UL and FCC certs. Not sure what this means as I’m no expert but sharing what I found when I tried to look this up.
Yah appears to not be Energy Star. Certification for Level 2 chargers focuses on low energy consumption at an idle state. And I’m sure a bunch of $ for the sticker.

Yeah, UL/NRTL and Energy Star are vastly different listings. I don't know the ins & outs of Energy Star, but I can imagine that it's hard to get a 240V 80A charger listed as "efficient" unless there's a built in mechanism for maximizing off-peak energy use. But that's just speculation.

Yeah, UL/NRTL and Energy Star are vastly different listings. I don't know the ins & outs of Energy Star, but I can imagine that it's hard to get a 240V 80A charger listed as "efficient" unless there's a built in mechanism for maximizing off-peak energy use. But that's just speculation.
IDK there’s 180 listed here. Most if not all of the alternatives I’m looking at are Energy Star certified. Certification for EV chargers is strictly based on power consumption when NOT charging. https://www.energystar.gov/productf...n=asc¤tZipCode=60464&page_number=0&lastpage=0

IDK there’s 180 listed here. Most if not all of the alternatives I’m looking at are Energy Star certified. Certification for EV chargers is strictly based on power consumption when NOT charging. https://www.energystar.gov/productf...n=asc¤tZipCode=60464&page_number=0&lastpage=0
Yeah, that makes sense. In that case, it could be the smart/connected features that prevent it from being Energy Star? Maybe it was never sent off for testing, either. I know NRTL, not Energy Star, lol.

Same issue here in NJ, denied by PSE&G. Lucid contact confirmed that it's *not* EnergyStar rated, which is, frankly, bizarre. It's really just a matter of paying for independent testing, and Tesla has it.

I'd imagine you could get the rebate on the installation. When I did mine out here in CA there were rebates on the charger and/or installation. This was 4 years ago. I'm putting a Lucid charger at my home in Tahoe (Nevada doesn't offer any rebates really without a bunch of conditions) .

Though the Lucid chargers are mostly free if you use the 1k credit they give you on charging accessories or refer a few cars and use rewards points (If that's an option).

Back