Chevrolet Corvette C8 versus Lucid Air Drag Race! There can be only ONE!😉

Looks like both apples and oranges are great cars, in their own ways and price points.

He's a high school kid that basically lives on this forum. Not surprising at all.
Give him a break, that's his passion.
Much better than hanging around shopping malls.

He's a high school kid that basically lives on this forum. Not surprising at all.

I have to admit I also sometimes get a little annoyed at "xponents" running commentary on almost everything, including topics over which he could not possibly have any personal experience.

On the other hand, I was a car-obsessed kid myself once who used to pester his dad every night beginning in September to take him riding past the Ford and Chevy car dealers to see if the brown paper had been pulled off the showroom windows to reveal the year's new models. It was one of the high points of my year and the start of the annual cycle of lusting for cars we could not afford . . . and that my dad probably wouldn't have bought even if he could.

When he finally was able to buy us a used Chevy Impala, I was crushed that it only had the 283 ci engine and spent endless hours trying to explain to him how a 327 ci block could actually get better gas mileage if it had the 3-speed Turbo-Hydromatic transmission instead of the 283's infamous 2-speed Powerglide slush box . . . or, if the gods would smile upon us, a glorious 396!

He remained unconvinced but displayed the patience of a saint while I put him through the trials of Job.

Come on Bobby. Passionate youth is a step above most of the youth. Solid goals like the Lucid will be a driver in his life. Besides, I'm not much older than him.

I will be showing this video to my uncle. He owns a Corvette of similar caliber. We need something for our pissing contest of electric vs gas.

On the other hand, I was a car-obsessed kid myself once who used to pester his dad every night beginning in September to take him riding past the Ford and Chevy car dealers to see if the brown paper had been pulled off the showroom windows to reveal the year's new models. It was one of the high points of my year and the start of the annual cycle of lusting for cars we could not afford . . . and that my dad probably wouldn't have bought even if he could.

When he finally was able to buy us a used Chevy Impala, I was crushed that it only had the 283 ci engine and spent endless hours trying to explain to him how a 327 ci block could actually get better gas mileage if it had the 3-speed Turbo-Hydromatic transmission instead of the 283's infamous 2-speed Powerglide slush box . . . or, if the gods would smile upon us, a glorious 396!
This is really similar to my current story: trying for a touring instead of a pure, and justifying it with graphs that show that over 15 years, it will be cheaper than a 70k gas car.
Also, I assume you are talking about the 4th gen Impala. That thing was a beast, and it certainly had the looks to match, such as the "muscle car" shoulder line similar to the Charger r/t of the same era. If only we had ANYTHING resembling the impala in todays society.

Last edited:
This is really similar to my current story: trying for a touring instead of a pure, and justifying it with graphs that show that over 15 years, it will be cheaper than a 70k gas car.
Also, I assume you are talking about the 4th gen Impala.

Been there with the charts and graphs, and still doing the internet-age version of it. And yes, it was a 1966 Impala.

My parents' financial situation improved and, while I was in grad school in Germany, they bought a "lightly-used" 1973 Buick Electra . . . with a 455 ci engine! I was straining at the bit to get back to drive it. (When I finally did, I found it was a pig on the road.) And they had saved the Impala for me as my first car. I drove it several more years, during which time I became a cop, went to law school, and got an inside track on buying used supervisors' cars from the Highway Patrol fleet -- unmarked 2-year-old Plymouth Furies with the police package: 440 ci engines, oil coolers, 140-amp alternators, even power steering pump coolers. (I went through three of those beasts.) When I sold that 11-year-old Impala it still ran like a charm and looked almost new inside and out.

If only we had ANYTHING resembling the impala in todays society.

Funny thing is that one of the reasons I so like the Lucid Air is that it draws a lot from the styling cues of that era: the multi-tone upholstery, the interior chrome accents, the silver roof rails, the smoothed out but muscular stance . . . even the Air logo which reminds me of the Bel Air logo of the iconic '57 Chevy.

Been there with the charts and graphs, and still doing the internet-age version of it. And yes, it was a 1966 Impala.

My parents' financial situation improved and, while I was in grad school in Germany, they bought a "lightly-used" 1973 Buick Electra . . . with a 455 ci engine! I was straining at the bit to get back to drive it. (When I finally did, I found it was a pig on the road.) And they had saved the Impala for me as my first car. I drove it several more years, during which time I became a cop, went to law school, and got an inside track on buying used supervisors' cars from the Highway Patrol fleet -- unmarked 2-year-old Plymouth Furies with the police package: 440 ci engines, oil coolers, 140-amp alternators, even power steering pump coolers. (I went through three of those beasts.) When I sold that 11-year-old Impala it still ran like a charm and looked almost new inside and out.

Funny thing is that one of the reasons I so like the Lucid Air is that it draws a lot from the styling cues of that era: the multi-tone upholstery, the interior chrome accents, the silver roof rails, the smoothed out but muscular stance . . . even the Air logo which reminds me of the Bel Air logo of the iconic '57 Chevy.
I never ever thought that somebody would compare a car to a pig, but I suppose that could be true of a big blocked chevy.

Also, I think that the lucids visual cues are very much reminiscent of the olden times, but is the shape really muscular? I am sorry to say this, but the Model S looks more like a muscle car rather than the sleek lucid. That isnt a bad thing though!

Also, I think that the lucids visual cues are very much reminiscent of the olden times, but is the shape really muscular? I am sorry to say this, but the Model S looks more like a muscle car rather than the sleek lucid. That isnt a bad thing though!

The new-generation Model S certainly looks more muscular from the rear, especially with the widened fender wells. However, from the front and sides it looks more wedge-like to me than beefy. It also has a fastback vibe which I don't associate with muscle cars.

The Lucid is almost the opposite. From the rear it looks more bulbous than muscular, especially as that view accentuates the relative narrowness of the tires (with its 21-inchers being 30 mm narrower than the Tesla 21" tires). But from the front, I think the Lucid looks downright menacing in a way that the duckbill Tesla just can't pull off. And I think the contours of the side panels give the Air a sinewy look that conveys much more solidity than the Tesla's comparatively trim profile.

In short, I think the Plaid looks faster while the Lucid looks beefier.

The new-generation Model S certainly looks more muscular from the rear, especially with the widened fender wells. However, from the front and sides it looks more wedge-like to me than beefy. It also has a fastback vibe which I don't associate with muscle cars.

The Lucid is almost the opposite. From the rear it looks more bulbous than muscular, especially as that view accentuates the relative narrowness of the tires (with its 21-inchers being 30 mm narrower than the Tesla 21" tires). But from the front, I think the Lucid looks downright menacing in a way that the duckbill Tesla just can't pull off. And I think the contours of the side panels give the Air a sinewy look that conveys much more solidity than the Tesla's comparatively trim profile.

In short, I think the Plaid looks faster while the Lucid looks beefier.
The concave side panels definitely help the bulbous feeling of its proportions. The front of the Plaid is relatively wedge like, but I like the front 3 quarter and the rear.
They both go for different approaches to muscle car design, and they both work in their own ways.(think: mustang vs challenger)

356374425_1313200912927832_5651987025945389626_n.heic.jpg
356058049_1606089076548133_3214291865756287061_n.heic.jpg

Ferrari Stadale SF90 Versione Speciale!🙂

Back