• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Charging stop/start

InATL

Cars
Lucid Air GT
My first day with the car - plugged it in even though it didn’t need much charge (like I do with my Tesla).

The car kept charging to the limit, stopping (which is good), and then restarting when the charge dropped by a sliver (bad). And I would get each stop and start as a notification on my phone.

Anyone else have this experience? Anyone talk to Lucid about it?

Thanks!
Mark

Every time the car wakes up, it thinks it needs to charge that last little bit to the set limit. I agree, it should not do that until the SOC has fallen a reasonable amount. If the car remains sleeping, it will not start charging.

sounds like it's behaving exactly as it should. The problem is that when anything is plugged in the car enters a "preparing to charge" state where it's running the electronics AND the fans to cool the batteries. So it'll drain and since you are at full and that's what you want it'll top you off being plugged in.

During the Summer I will be running the AC a tiny bit while charging if I am leaving shortly after the charge. My car area can get into the low 100’sF in the day and many nights 85F is the low temperature here In S.E. Texas.

I brought this up with Customer Care just for the notification aspect of it -- I was getting notifications every 15-20 minutes as it woke up, charged, and finished, presumably because my phone and I went in and out of the room immediately above the garage. I wound up turning off notifications, figuring I'd re-enable them temporarily if I ever really cared about a particular situation.

I brought this up with Customer Care just for the notification aspect of it -- I was getting notifications every 15-20 minutes as it woke up, charged, and finished, presumably because my phone and I went in and out of the room immediately above the garage. I wound up turning off notifications, figuring I'd re-enable them temporarily if I ever really cared about a particular situation.

Make sure to turn them on if you’re out, as you’ll want the “your car is getting towed” notifications :)

In the Lucid app settings, you can turn off the notifications just for “Charging” and leave the rest on - you may have already done this but just making sure, since that’s better than turning all of them off in the phone settings.

Thanks. Yeah, I meant to say I just turned off notifications for charging in the app itself. I still have notifications turned on generally.

Back