Charging Port Door

Steve's Lucid

Cars
Grand Touring
Hoping someone can help. My charge port door no longer opens when I push the door. I do have the key in my pocket and the car is unlocked when I am trying. I touch it everywhere and the door will not open. I can open it without issue with the button on the cockpit screen and in the app. I have rebooted the car (pushed the Air logo on the screen for 20 seconds) and also left the car and come back and that hasn't fixed it. Any idea why or what I should do? Thanks.

Same issue I had except my wasn’t working from day 1. Bring into service center and they’ll adjust the sensor for you.

You’re supposed to push on the lower right hand corner, but pretty much if you give it enough force it’ll open no matter where you push on it — especially near the bottom. I actually use my knee many times to push on the bottom part of the door.

Mine is also not working by pressing the charging door. I'm building a maintenance list before I take it in.

Mine opens when I push the door, but my preference is to use the dash control or app. I just don't like pushing so hard on the door and leaving fingerprints!

That makes sense when doing fast charging. More of a pain when charging in one's garage (where typically the car is not running when one decides to plug it into an EVSE).

Mine is also not working by pressing the charging door. I'm building a maintenance list before I take it in.
Are you pressing it as shown in the video on the FAQs?

@LucidDropkick’s button was broken (I tested it), so it is possible.
New parts can come broken or (especially in the case of electronics) fail early. An automotive podcaster I used to listen to described the word "new" as an acronym for "never ever worked". This applies to all auto companies, not just Lucid.

That makes sense when doing fast charging. More of a pain when charging in one's garage (where typically the car is not running when one decides to plug it into an EVSE).
I just use the app, or open as I'm getting out of the vehicle.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal pressure to open the charge port door?

Attachments

• IMG_5840.MOV
    6.7 MB
Can anyone tell me if this is normal pressure to open the charge port door?
Yes I have to press firm enough to open the door. I have never lucked to open in a first try. Always couple of tries

I use the button on the left cockpit panel touchscreen, because pressing that spot always just feels wrong. Like I'm going to make it loose over time or something.

Back