Charging Port Door

Thanks! Does your port door stay retracted while its charging? I'll call my local service center and let them know about the issue.

Mine stays retracted as long as a cable is plugged in. It does lock relatively fast for me - especially if I walked away from the car to get the cable and car locks it self - it closes the charging port if it locks and nothing is plugged in it. These days, I keep the driver door slightly open as I fiddle with the cable to avoid it auto locking on me.

Mine was not working when I took delivery so have the service center look at it. My mechanism had to be replaced.

One thing I noticed is the mounting point on the upper left corner seems to almost cause what look like a ding on the plastic.
Super annoying since it looks like a ding every time I get in the car...

One thing I noticed is the mounting point on the upper left corner seems to almost cause what look like a ding on the plastic.
Super annoying since it looks like a ding every time I get in the car...
My charge port door rubs the fender as it moves too, leaving a scuff mark. And it looks slightly warped, bowing out towards the bottom corner. I've seen this on several Airs - I think it is difficult to align with reasonable appearance and function during manufacturing.

Great info all! I'll be calling my SA today. Even with the driver's door open the charge port closes quickly. I can interrupt the closing with my hand and the port door will retract down but then goes back up right away.

Back