Changes for 2023??? Value of 2022

Threatening a class action lawsuit - is this the upper-middle class, middle aged, male version of pulling a “Karen”?

It depends upon the motivation. The "Karen" point is that these persons are falsely accusing others, usually out of bigotry. Calling this a male version of "Karen" is cultural appropriation.

It depends upon the motivation. The "Karen" point is that these persons are falsely accusing others, usually out of bigotry. Calling this a male version of "Karen" is cultural appropriation.
And also funny. I think “Karen” has come to exemplify the “let me talk to the manager because I’m entitled X Y Z” etc attitude. No offense intended to actual Karens as 100% of them I know are good people.

Yes he used a paint meter and declared the paint extremely thin and soft. I have owned over 50 cars in my life new and used and NONE have chipped like this one. I don't know what color your car is but if it's white because of the undercoat is white might not show. Unfortunately I got a black one
You misunderstood what I was saying. I know about the one video in which Colton used a paint meter. I was asking if you’d used one on yours; they’re not expensive, and available on Amazon. They’re just also not super accurate.

I have a Zenith Red. Put PPF on it and they did a full paint correction. No issues with thickness whatsoever.

I really don't understand this obsession with pain thickness. Here is what I posted in November and I still stand by it:

I've seen the video and heard the comments but believe me this has nothing to do with the quality of the coating system. I worked in the coatings industry for 38 years. Some of the highest quality coating systems available are very thin films. There is a huge amount of chemistry that dictates performance. We have no idea of what that might be for Lucid's choice of paint.

Thickness does not equal quality. It's like saying a wine is better because it is more red. We do not know who supplies Lucid's paint, what type is used or what the specification is for DFT (dried film thickness). One You-tubers report is hardly definitiv and certainly not a basis for broad speculation.

BTW - My Zenith Red has PPF on the front and ceramic on the rest. No issues from the detailer and it looks great.

Pete

I really don't understand this obsession with pain thickness. Here is what I posted in November and I still stand by it:

I've seen the video and heard the comments but believe me this has nothing to do with the quality of the coating system. I worked in the coatings industry for 38 years. Some of the highest quality coating systems available are very thin films. There is a huge amount of chemistry that dictates performance. We have no idea of what that might be for Lucid's choice of paint.

Thickness does not equal quality. It's like saying a wine is better because it is more red. We do not know who supplies Lucid's paint, what type is used or what the specification is for DFT (dried film thickness). One You-tubers report is hardly definitiv and certainly not a basis for broad speculation.

BTW - My Zenith Red has PPF on the front and ceramic on the rest. No issues from the detailer and it looks great.

Pete
Amen.

Pete
It’s an easy thing to grab onto and use as a way to feel “smart.” There’s a certain segment of the population, mostly male, who wants to feel superior without doing most of the homework. So they look for shortcuts to impressing others. Tidbits of surface knowledge easily gleaned from one or two YouTube videos that in their minds becomes “extensive research.”

But as with all things, reality is much more nuanced and complicated.

In the old days, the joke in academia was that an expert was someone from out of town who came with a carousel of slides. Nowadays, the definition of an expert could be changed to anyone with a good webcam.

That was a used car that he tested. My paint is great! No issues at all. There is no class action on paint. Isolated issues that happens to any manufacturers! Thousands of Lucid have been sold with NO paint issues that needs remediation.
It wasn't a used car. It was new and had very few miles on it. the owner had closed his garage door on it. Happy for u your paint is fine

It’s an easy thing to grab onto and use as a way to feel “smart.” There’s a certain segment of the population, mostly male, who wants to feel superior without doing most of the homework. So they look for shortcuts to impressing others. Tidbits of surface knowledge easily gleaned from one or two YouTube videos that in their minds becomes “extensive research.”

But as with all things, reality is much more nuanced and complicated.

Threatening a class action lawsuit - is this the upper-middle class, middle aged, male version of pulling a “Karen”?
Why do simple people just want to fight

Why do simple people just want to fight
Great question; perhaps because they want to tell others how thin their paint is when they watched a YouTube video once? Dno. 🤷‍♂️

Back