Changes for 2023??? Value of 2022

Lucid23

So we have all seen 2022 AGTs will under 1k miles for 120k or less at this point (one for sale now for 119).
Why buy a touring for about the same price?
I can think of a few reason, lease so protected from them going under (can walk away).
Will 2022s be the year to avoid because of thin paint or perhaps other issues?
So overall does anyone know if tweaks have been made i over time to make the 2023s "better" than a 2022?

I think having annual models is a traditional car maker thing. I think in the direct purchase electric car model, changes can be made at any time and not necessarily at the end of one year and beginning of another.
I guess maybe bs saying model year it's more do they tweak things over time. So in other words if they were having a problem with the frunk the first few months did the fix eventually make its way to newer cars.
Or the paint that we have all hear is think and I even (not saying it's visible)

Actually I haven't seen it!
I bought my car, am happy with it, and haven't looked back.
Exactly!
You buy a new car drive it off the lot and the value has historically dropped to 20-25%, so I bought a $150K car and now it's worth $120K, this is the realm of the depreciating asset we know as an automobile.

That free charging period for EA is non-transferable, according to the Lucid site, so factor that in for a used Lucid. But for many that's not an issue as they'd no longer feel compelled to charge only at EA!

That free charging period for EA is non-transferable, according to the Lucid site, so factor that in for a used Lucid. But for many that's not an issue as they'd no longer feel compelled to charge only at EA!
Your point about EA may be valid. However, even if it isn't, the free EV for most people may not translate to much of a value compared to the price of the car. I am thinking that for most people, they will charge at home and just use EA for long distance trips. I used EA stations on a 4000 mile trip recently and usea little under 1000kWh. If it wasn't free, that would have cost me about $300 at their monthly user rate. Thus, maybe over the course of three years, it would save me $1,000 to $2,000. While not trivial, it certainly not a big deal with such an expensive car.

For me, the primary reason for buying a new 2023 rather than a “used” 2022 is the fear that I am buying a lemon that the previous owner is trying to dump because they got unlucky and have had a lot of troubles with it.

Will 2022s be the year to avoid because of thin paint or perhaps other issues?
So overall does anyone know if tweaks have been made i over time to make the 2023s "better" than a 2022?
Has ‘thin paint’ been confirmed as an actual issue?

Has ‘thin paint’ been confirmed as an actual issue?
Besides that one video from Out of Spec, haven't seen other reports of thin paint from people who had their cars wrapped on this forum. So, I'd say that it's an exception otherwise we would see it pop up here.

I'd be very hesitant to buy the used ones as it's very possible it's a problematic car that the previous owner no longer want to deal with

Besides that one video from Out of Spec, haven't seen other reports of thin paint from people who had their cars wrapped on this forum. So, I'd say that it's an exception otherwise we would see it pop up here.
the out of spec car was a old car which was already detailed. So did not come straight from factory. Who knows, maybe the detailer screwed up while polishing.

For me, the primary reason for buying a new 2023 rather than a “used” 2022 is the fear that I am buying a lemon that the previous owner is trying to dump because they got unlucky and have had a lot of troubles with it.
I agree with that concern, especially the ones with not many miles, I don't think people were buying to flip after the first few months.

I agree with that concern, especially the ones with not many miles, I don't think people were buying to flip after the first few months.
They were. I know of 3 people that did exactly this, because the auto market was so insane for a long time. Now that it has cooled off (at least for used cars, even if some dealers are still charging markups for new vehicles) a lot of people were left holding their lunch.

If EA chargers only recognizes the vehicle by PnC and/or VIN, how does Lucid/EA terminate the "free-charge" if you sold your car? Do they revoke the PnC?

If EA chargers only recognizes the vehicle by PnC and/or VIN, how does Lucid/EA terminate the "free-charge" if you sold your car? Do they revoke the PnC?
The free charge doesn't carry over. My guess is they have your credit card on file for PnC. But you'd have to ask someone like @Volund how he gets charged with PnC.

I never gave Lucid or EA my credit card info. I don't think the PnC is tied to the credit card.

I never gave Lucid or EA my credit card info. I don't think the PnC is tied to the credit card.
It has to be eventually, when the free charging runs out, otherwise, how do you get charged?

Back