CarPool Lane Sticker Easy On/Off

I needed that three years ago when I got the stickers for my Leaf….
I'm still trying to figure out a way to use the magnetic CAV Decals. I recognize they won't stick to aluminum but perhaps there is another way. Is it possible to place a piece of highly suitable metal inside and maybe the decal has enough magnetism to pick it up through the aluminum?? I'm not a metallurgical expert but it seems to me I've seen something like this done before? Any insights?

I'm still trying to figure out a way to use the magnetic CAV Decals. I recognize they won't stick to aluminum but perhaps there is another way. Is it possible to place a piece of highly suitable metal inside and maybe the decal has enough magnetism to pick it up through the aluminum?? I'm not a metallurgical expert but it seems to me I've seen something like this done before? Any insights?
Did you try the magnet thing yet? I forgot about it until seeing this again, now I need to find a fridge magnet to test...

The bumpers are… plastic. That’s gonna be tough to stick a magnet to. :)

Yeah but the problem is I really don't want to leave them on all the time. I'd like to be able to put them on only when I know I will be traveling during carpool hours alone. That's why the magnets are such an attractive solution. But if they won't work with aluminum I need another solution for easy on easy off. Perhaps some sort of temporary glue that is easily removable???
You could try 3M Dual Lock tape. I love the stuff

Did the state of the art regarding this evolve over the last year ? I have my CA HOV stickers but don't really want to ruin the look of the car. I have XPEL stealth + ceramic coating. I presume the magnet method won't work because of the car being primarily aluminum and plastic. I think I will keep the stickers in my glovebox and play dumb if I get pulled over. My wife says I'm very good at playing dumb.

Did the state of the art regarding this evolve over the last year ? I have my CA HOV stickers but don't really want to ruin the look of the car. I have XPEL stealth + ceramic coating. I presume the magnet method won't work because of the car being primarily aluminum and plastic. I think I will keep the stickers in my glovebox and play dumb if I get pulled over. My wife says I'm very good at playing dumb.
Tried the same thing, ended up putting them on and not caring afterwards. 😁

In NY I’ve put them on the inside of the rear passenger windows on my last 3 EVs. I’ve never been stopped and if I do, I’ll appeal to the officer that I didn’t want to mar the appearance of my car. I suspect the worst thing that could happen is I’ll be given a ‘fix it’ ticket.

Has anybody actually gotten a car pool violation ticket for not having these dumb stickers on the car? In California specifically.

Has anybody actually gotten a car pool violation ticket for not having these dumb stickers on the car? In California specifically.
Yes. A friend has.

Welp I didnt read enough before buying the magnetic strip. Won't stick to the Lucid :(

Easy enough to figure out. Just take a refrigerator magnet and see if it will stick to the car. If not then the 3M solution is probably the best option but that won't be easily removable over and over.
When I replaced by stove with an induction unit, that was exactly the way I shopped for pots and pans.

Back