CarPlay issues

Jimaikins

Cars
Lucid Air
Is it just me, or does CarPlay only connect and work about half the time? Any suggestions?

I'm somewhere in between...works the vast majority of the time with no trouble. But wireless CarPlay fails miserably roughly every week or two, where it just refuses to connect (sitting on the "connecting to CarPlay" dialog box on the car no matter how many times I try to reconnect) unless I switch to wired. When I try to disable wifi on the phone, the phone says that will stop CarPlay. But no CarPlay is displayed on the car. No other cars are paired to the phone. iPhone 14 Pro, latest non-beta iOS. I do have a (thin) case on the phone, but that hasn't impacted wifi or Bluetooth interactions with any other device.

I can't reproduce this problem reliably so I haven't bothered mentioning to service. Doesn't bother me as much now that I primarily use the native nav and Spotify, after the audio improvements in a recent firmware update. I am curious what iPhones people are using for rock solid wireless CarPlay.

I'm somewhere in between...works the vast majority of the time with no trouble. But wireless CarPlay fails miserably roughly every week or two, where it just refuses to connect (sitting on the "connecting to CarPlay" dialog box on the car no matter how many times I try to reconnect) unless I switch to wired. When I try to disable wifi on the phone, the phone says that will stop CarPlay. But no CarPlay is displayed on the car. No other cars are paired to the phone. iPhone 14 Pro, latest non-beta iOS. I do have a (thin) case on the phone, but that hasn't impacted wifi or Bluetooth interactions with any other device.

I can't reproduce this problem reliably so I haven't bothered mentioning to service. Doesn't bother me as much now that I primarily use the native nav and Spotify, after the audio improvements in a recent firmware update. I am curious what iPhones people are using for rock solid wireless CarPlay.
As I discussed in my video, when you disable Wi-Fi on the phone the phone says that it will stop CarPlay… This is what you want. The phone thinks CarPlay is on but the car does not. Once you disable it on the phone you will have better luck reconnecting.

As I discussed in my video, when you disable Wi-Fi on the phone the phone says that it will stop CarPlay… This is what you want. The phone thinks CarPlay is on but the car does not. Once you disable it on the phone you will have better luck reconnecting.
Thanks for your help. I was not clear in my post. I do actually do that, along with all the other things you suggest in your video (this one I assume) but no dice. Again, this happens occasionally but still more than 0% of the time, and I can't predict when, or any contributing or mitigating factors.

I would imagine Lucid is continuing to work on CarPlay so I look forward to future firmware updates.

Is it just me, or does CarPlay only connect and work about half the time? Any suggestions?
Ok I talked to customer support a few weeks back because I was losing my mind with CarPlay. The following is what I did and Now it’s working as designed.
First and foremost , make sure on your phone you see two Lucid items in the Bluetooth section.
One is Lucid Air with a 3 digit code. That is for you car to unlock doors and communicate with the Lucid app.
The second item is Lucid - with a 5 digit number after it. That is for CarPlay.
I noticed that when my CarPlay was not working I would never see in my iPhone Bluetooth this Lucid with the 5 digit code.
So I unpaired all my Lucid Bluetooth items. Then I unpaired my phone and mobile key within Lucid itself.
Then I did a software infotainment reset in the Lucid by holding down the “Air” icon in the car main iPad like screen and let car reset.
Then I paired back my phone and mobile key.
Now it works perfectly (fingers crossed) with absolutely no issues with wireless CarPlay.
Try it out. It worked for me.

Ok I talked to customer support a few weeks back because I was losing my mind with CarPlay. The following is what I did and Now it’s working as designed.
First and foremost , make sure on your phone you see two Lucid items in the Bluetooth section.
One is Lucid Air with a 3 digit code. That is for you car to unlock doors and communicate with the Lucid app.
The second item is Lucid - with a 5 digit number after it. That is for CarPlay.
I noticed that when my CarPlay was not working I would never see in my iPhone Bluetooth this Lucid with the 5 digit code.
So I unpaired all my Lucid Bluetooth items. Then I unpaired my phone and mobile key within Lucid itself.
Then I did a software infotainment reset in the Lucid by holding down the “Air” icon in the car main iPad like screen and let car reset.
Then I paired back my phone and mobile key.
Now it works perfectly (fingers crossed) with absolutely no issues with wireless CarPlay.
Try it out. It worked for me.
I made a video that discusses these things in detail. You may get to it by visiting www.lucidupdates.com.

Mine connects at a higher rate than that, but assorted problems eventually occur, especially during periods of heavy usage. I drove from NY to FL and back in the last month, and each way I had to do multiple phone resets, Air logo resets, and connection resets to correct those issues.

Back