CarPlay is here! - Megathread

I apologize. It's hard to catch up sometimes. From now on I will be sure to write, “I am sorry if this has already been covered, or turns out to be invalid, but here goes”.
That is the nature of forums, it is fine.

Since Elon doesn’t want Apple CarPlay in Tesla, if any Tesla fanboy is drooling for CarPlay, I just saw this option on Amazon which complement missing dashboard of Model Y/3.

I bought a Coral Vision screen when these things first started coming out and mounted that on my Tesla..

It was pure desperation at this point.

If this is how it’ll look ultimately, then that’s a definite no go for me.
It’s not a no go, but it is a no bueno. They definitely need to adjust that aspect ratio to be consistent one one axis at least.. or at the worst just have CarPlay on the tablet. If they did a good job “technically” they should be able to display vanilla directions and/or music on the top screen and the actual CarPlay on the bottom screen. That would be similar to how the EQS splits that information across screens.

It’s not a no go, but it is a no bueno. They definitely need to adjust that aspect ratio to be consistent one one axis at least.. or at the worst just have CarPlay on the tablet. If they did a good job “technically” they should be able to display vanilla directions and/or music on the top screen and the actual CarPlay on the bottom screen. That would be similar to how the EQS splits that information across screens.
I’m not sure I can ever see the current Apple look ever matching well with the lucid aesthetic. It’s all soft curves, bright colors, cute icons etc. Unless lucid or someone takes the trouble to skin the car play UI with a lucid skin.

Functionally, however, I can see why some (perhaps many?) would accept that visual abomination as a necessary trade off. Just not me.

I’m not sure I can ever see the current Apple look ever matching well with the lucid aesthetic. It’s all soft curves, bright colors, cute icons etc. Unless lucid or someone takes the trouble to skin the car play UI with a lucid skin.

Functionally, however, I can see why some (perhaps many?) would accept that visual abomination as a necessary trade off. Just not me.
So what are you going to do? Cover the screen with a piece of paper or buy something else?

I’m not sure I can ever see the current Apple look ever matching well with the lucid aesthetic. It’s all soft curves, bright colors, cute icons etc....
Apple always had a kind of PlaySkool aesthetic.

I believe Apple had to make the Car Play looks as simple as possible to be easy for the majority of drivers of all ages and simplistic as not to distract from someone actually looking at the road and safely driving.

I really don't care what it looks like as long as it has full functionality that allows me to directly stream my Apple Music playlist (1400+ Dolby Atmos songs so far on it) vs. using Bluetooth which effectively negates the Dolby Atmos effect.

Apple always had a kind of PlaySkool aesthetic.
Maybe CarPlay can improve on skin variations options? 😂 I applaud CarPlay, without CarPlay, my Jeep is basically a dinasuar UI car. CarPlay has made it pleasant. Extra option is better than no option at this point. I honestly don’t think Lucid UI is bad looking, simplicity renders a sense of elegant modernism luxury.

I'm sure they will put some sort of wallpaper behind the CarPlay interface. Its what Cadillac did in the LYRIQ. Not great though but at least its there.

Is lucid doing the NEW Apple car play iOS 16? Where it takes over?

Dope AF. It’s really the next logical step with their dominance in the mobile and wearable markets.

I’ve always told myself if Apple ever came out with their car, I’d buy it in a heartbeat. Its too bad they never got their act together. It would IMO eat Tesla and other manufacturers for lunch.

Lucid Insider is my blog. I actually found that on Reddit, posted it both here and on my blog.
I LOVE LucidInsider! Thank you for supporting the Lucid community in such an epic way. It's great to be here to see the full stream of consciousness, but LucidInsider is also a great place to really get the important, relevant data in an easy to consume way. Truly, well done and appreciated!

It doesn’t look aesthetically pleasing as other Lucid native apps. However, if it does get released, Lucid will be ahead of Tesla in ApplePay software implementation.
It looks photoshopped. Look closely at the corners of the carplay border. The corners are rounded then you see black triangles as it is cut and pasted.

To me, its not real. Someone is joking.....

Back