CarPlay is here! - Megathread

Also, the car is quiet enough that you can yell out “Hey, Siri” and issue a command to the iPhone.
Meaning the conversation will be through the car's speakers and microphones?? What about incoming calls? Thx!

Wait, you have figured out how to use Siri to make phone calls using the voice dial button on the wheel? How??
I haven't tried using the voice dial button. I have my iphone in the car connected via bluetooth. Then I just say "Hey Siri, call Borski" and it does it. Everything then is through the car's speakers.

I haven't tried using the voice dial button. I have my iphone in the car connected via bluetooth. Then I just say "Hey Siri, call Borski" and it does it. Everything then is through the car's speakers.
Incoming calls also go through the car's speakers without any problems.

Team, I have been reading this conversation with great interest. I have had a few Tesla's and currently have a reservation for the Lucid Air Grand Touring. My first Model S was amazing and I loved the comfort and the ride - much of that seems to have gone now and I am anxious for a luxury EV again. That said, I realize that CarPlay is a must have for me and will not get another car without it. Lucid sales would like me to confirm my order - however I refuse to confirm it until CarPlay is shipping. For me the only items missing in the Lucid Air Grand Touring are Air Suspension, CarPlay and I wish it supported Apple's Car Key (for ease of sharing and managing keys).

I understand this is not as important for some drivers. I respect the work that car manufactures have... working to appeal to drivers that either care for the CarPlay, android auto interfaces or prefer the crafted Lucid UX. I can only voice my personal desire and requirement for CarPlay as part of my purchase.

Last edited:
Team, I have been reading this conversation with great interest. I have had a few Tesla's and currently have a reservation for the Lucid Air Grand Touring. My first Model S was amazing and I loved the comfort and the ride - much of that seems to have gone now and I am anxious for a luxury EV again. That said, I realize that CarPlay is a must have for me and will not get another car without it. Lucid sales would like me to confirm my order - however I refuse to confirm it until CarPlay is shipping. For me the only items missing in the Lucid Air Grand Touring are Air Suspension, CarPlay and I wish it supported Apple's Car Key (for ease of sharing and managing keys).
Coming from a Porsche Panamera that had air suspension the only thing I miss is the ability to raise the front end when pulling up to a curb in a vertical parking space. But other than that you won't miss the air suspension at all. In fact I think the coil suspension on the Lucid is outstanding and handles extremely well. I raced a 911 for five years and I truly believe the Lucid suspension is outstanding whether you are pushing it hard in Swift or cruising in Smooth.

Coming from a Porsche Panamera that had air suspension the only thing I miss is the ability to raise the front end when pulling up to a curb in a vertical parking space. But other than that you won't miss the air suspension at all. In fact I think the coil suspension on the Lucid is outstanding and handles extremely well. I raced a 911 for five years and I truly believe the Lucid suspension is outstanding whether you are pushing it hard in Swift or cruising in Smooth.
Thank you. Suspension had been a concern of mine. I am driving my first Lucid Air Grand Touring this Saturday and look forward to how it feels. I truly appreciate your time in sharing your experience and history.

Thank you. Suspension had been a concern of mine. I am driving my first Lucid Air Grand Touring this Saturday and look forward to how it feels. I truly appreciate your time in sharing your experience and history.
I do however share your concern regarding Apple CarPlay. They keep saying its coming; I guess I'd like to hear from Peter himself that it is in fact coming!!

I am still absolutely floored by the people willing to make or break a vehicle over CarPlay or android auto. Never have I used it, nor care to. CarPlay has been rumored (I’ll say take with a mountain of salt) for the end of the year. So if your unwillingness to do without, I hope your patience is grand because they have more pressing issues than something like CarPlay.

I am still absolutely floored by the people willing to make or break a vehicle over CarPlay or android auto. Never have I used it, nor care to. CarPlay has been rumored (I’ll say take with a mountain of salt) for the end of the year. So if your unwillingness to do without, I hope your patience is grand because they have more pressing issues than something like CarPlay.
No offense but I'm curious what you think are the "more pressing issues"? Dream Drive Pro is not something I really want or need. I enjoy driving the car myself. Automatic Cruise Control is fully functional and I don't really need more than that. What is the point of having Dolby Atmos if you can't use it? Tidal just doesn't work properly and their selections are so limited compared to Apple Music plus its more expensive by double. The current Navigation is pretty good, but Waze offers some features they will never duplicate and it is very useable with CarPlay. Access to news and podcasts through Apple Music is very good. So I guess I'm wondering why CarPlay is not a priority??

I picked my GT up last Friday … I am in a highly anxious state when parking :) (new car etc)
However with the 360 camera view I haven’t got close to curbing. Is it perfect, nah, but even if I raised the car an inch or two, I would be just as anxious, because there are some MASSIVE curbs around here

So far, the ride has been great. Now I am not coming from air suspension - I’ve had a number of cars over here from the proverbial soft bouncy tyres of the jag, through to fluffy tyres on the suv, to run-flats (grrr work of the devil)
so far I LOVE the Lucid ride. Over the crappy concrete joins, to the underfunded el Camino (in Palo alto) it takes it all.

Last edited:
CarPlay will have next to 0 effect on the cars drivability (which fortunately they seem to have nailed) or software. We still unfortunately have people who struggle to get in and out of their cars reliably. It seems they are getting that dealt with thankfully. The boot times, still seem to be a major issue. Hell, they are struggling painting cars gray and silver, white carpets have been a problem. All of that, way bigger to get situated and evolving the software before worrying about something as trivial as CarPlay. Clearly there is a large group of folks who enjoy it, but kick that can down the road.

CarPlay will have next to 0 effect on the cars drivability (which fortunately they seem to have nailed) or software. We still unfortunately have people who struggle to get in and out of their cars reliably. It seems they are getting that dealt with thankfully. The boot times, still seem to be a major issue. Hell, they are struggling painting cars gray and silver, white carpets have been a problem. All of that, way bigger to get situated and evolving the software before worrying about something as trivial as CarPlay. Clearly there is a large group of folks who enjoy it, but kick that can down the road.
I guess we have to agree to disagree. I am not struggling at all getting in or out and when I approach or leave the car it works just fine. Boot times don't bother me at all. I can get into reverse very quickly and by the time I've fastened my seat belt and left my garage, everything is working just fine. Yes it could be faster, but not really a big deal. Sure I'd like to be able to close the garage door when leaving a little faster, but again not a big deal. The painting, carpets, and other supply issues have nothing to do with the software and are handled by different departments. So again I don't understand why they can't focus on CarPlay and get it up and running like almost every other car on the road. May not be useful or important to you, but for those of us who have used it and enjoyed it over the years it is important.

I guess we have to agree to disagree. I am not struggling at all getting in or out and when I approach or leave the car it works just fine. Boot times don't bother me at all. I can get into reverse very quickly and by the time I've fastened my seat belt and left my garage, everything is working just fine. Yes it could be faster, but not really a big deal. Sure I'd like to be able to close the garage door when leaving a little faster, but again not a big deal. The painting, carpets, and other supply issues have nothing to do with the software and are handled by different departments. So again I don't understand why they can't focus on CarPlay and get it up and running like almost every other car on the road. May not be useful or important to you, but for those of us who have used it and enjoyed it over the years it is important.
Don't misunderstand me. I love this car; the handling is fantastic and that is most important. But not being able to deliver something every other car has does seem to require some further explanation than "its coming". Tell us what the problem is and when to realistically expect it and then the discussion will be moot.

No offense but I'm curious what you think are the "more pressing issues"? Dream Drive Pro is not something I really want or need. I enjoy driving the car myself. Automatic Cruise Control is fully functional and I don't really need more than that. What is the point of having Dolby Atmos if you can't use it? Tidal just doesn't work properly and their selections are so limited compared to Apple Music plus its more expensive by double. The current Navigation is pretty good, but Waze offers some features they will never duplicate and it is very useable with CarPlay. Access to news and podcasts through Apple Music is very good. So I guess I'm wondering why CarPlay is not a priority??
I think I agree with both of you

So far there seem to be a number of “critical” features, that to me, are Meh.
Lots of things that I would LIKE, but few are so critical I would even get close to considering cancelling my order.

Would I like nav and music visible at the same time? Sure ... But to be honest last time I used car play (January 2022) I couldn’t do it then either… but that car didn’t have two screens
would I like to use Waze … sure … but does not having it visible on the screen prevent me? Not really? Does it stop me driving the car? No … and frankly, I know where I am going, I just want live traffic updates that allow ME to route based on my judgement.

but as we’ve said before on the forum - each to their own - for me - the ride, the range, the style, the sheer grin … All trump the current gaps in the UX functionality.

but then again, I tend to drive without the radio or anything on, I love just hearing the car be a car. (And yes, I’ve enjoyed v8’s, this is different, and fan-effing-tastic )

Don't misunderstand me. I love this car; the handling is fantastic and that is most important. But not being able to deliver something every other car has does seem to require some further explanation than "its coming". Tell us what the problem is and when to realistically expect it and then the discussion will be moot.
I struggle with “function X is missing, I must cancel my order”

OK … ummm, you do you

(I know you (and I) are not on that page)

And I have no doubt CarPlay is important to the people who enjoy it. It just goes back to what I originally said, that I am floored some people are willing to pass on an otherwise amazing vehicle over something like CarPlay.

Back