CarPlay is here! - Megathread

If the engineers have a sense of humor, they are going to eventually release CarPlay on a Friday.
Well, the last big update was released on a Friday, and they ended up having to pull an all-weekend to fix the tent pole feature in it by the following Monday. So I suppose it depends on how much of a sense of humor—or a love for punishment—they have.

Perhaps, Bobby could start a something like "Sentry Mode" Saturday to go along with CarPlay Friday?;)

Easy-entry/exit Monday ?

🤔

The car's Nav is awful - it has taken me to the wrong location multiple times. It is hard to believe that as advanced as GPS is, Lucid can't install one that is at least as good as other manufacturers. I feel like back in the day, when I purchased a car that only had an AM radio when FM was available on other models. Believe it or not, you had to pay an upgrade fee for FM when it became available in cars.

The car's Nav is awful - it has taken me to the wrong location multiple times. It is hard to believe that as advanced as GPS is, Lucid can't install one that is at least as good as other manufacturers. I feel like back in the day, when I purchased a car that only had an AM radio when FM was available on other models. Believe it or not, you had to pay an upgrade fee for FM when it became available in cars.
Yea I'm not exactly sure what went wrong, but HERE is used by BMW, MB, Audi, Bosch, Continental and Garmin, so it's not like they are new or even underutilized.

Talked with my service advisor yesterday and asked his take on the carplay delay. His response was that after the discussions between Apple and Lucid over manufacturing the Apple vehicle went sour, Apple holds a grudge against Lucid and is delaying the licensing process to get back at Lucid. Could be, who knows? 🤷‍♂️

Talked with my service advisor yesterday and asked his take on the carplay delay. His response was that after the discussions between Apple and Lucid over manufacturing the Apple vehicle went sour, Apple holds a grudge against Lucid and is delaying the licensing process to get back at Lucid. Could be, who knows? 🤷‍♂️
How does he know that? Not that I think he is wrong, but there are so many rumors out there, ranging from getting it next week to never getting it. I tend to believe that we are not getting it any time soon, just based on the lack of communication from Lucid. No news is almost never good news.

Yeah, that sounds extremely unlikely to me. But not the first time random Lucid employee made up some nonsense excuse they pulled directly out of their own butt. And probably not the last.

The car's Nav is awful - it has taken me to the wrong location multiple times. It is hard to believe that as advanced as GPS is, Lucid can't install one that is at least as good as other manufacturers.
I'm hoping that Lucid will eventually offer an option to use Google Maps and Google Assistant. We've become used to using them on our other EV, and have the identically capable and seamlessly integrated experience on our phones, desktop computers and Chromebooks, and smarthome devices.

For me it is also about having Waze easily available and also being able to play my Dolby Atmos Apple Music Playlist and see how it compares with Tidal.

Well, we almost made it to another CarPlay Friday. How do you all plan on celebrating?

Well, we almost made it to another CarPlay Friday. How do you all plan on celebrating?
I’m afraid it’s CarPlay Frightday Central Time!

91AAC229-C2BB-4C12-BD00-455601081BD6.jpeg

Back