CarPlay is here! - Megathread

I think he meant next Friday or possibly even the Friday after that…

I think we should kill the CarPlay discussion until one day ‘ SURPRISE - CarPlay is here’.

Don't hold your collective breaths for CarPlay or Android Auto. I was having a heated conversation with my Lucid Delivery Advisor, who was responding to my request she check into those features before I buy my Lucid. She said that at this time there are no plans to include CarPlay or Android Audio. She claimed that Lucid believes its user interface and apps are superior, or will be, once the bugs are worked out. I mentioned there was an assumption on this forum that CarPlay and Android Auto were in the works to which she replied that is not necessarily true. So yes, I agree with Abbas that we should chill (rather than kill) this discussion until Lucid makes its move. Incidentally, I will be a verified owner within a week, but more on that in a different post.

She said that at this time there are no plans to include CarPlay or Android Audio.
What a bizarre thing for a DA to say, considering Lucid themselves state (even though it isn't true) the Air is "even compatible with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and countless other apps" on their website.

Don't hold your collective breaths for CarPlay or Android Auto. I was having a heated conversation with my Lucid Delivery Advisor, who was responding to my request she check into those features before I buy my Lucid. She said that at this time there are no plans to include CarPlay or Android Audio. She claimed that Lucid believes its user interface and apps are superior, or will be, once the bugs are worked out. I mentioned there was an assumption on this forum that CarPlay and Android Auto were in the works to which she replied that is not necessarily true. So yes, I agree with Abbas that we should chill (rather than kill) this discussion until Lucid makes its move. Incidentally, I will be a verified owner within a week, but more on that in a different post.
I don’t know about that. DA’s have been caught out lying before or embellishing stories etc. Peter and Derek both mentioned it was coming / in the works so I suspect something is holding it up vs it not coming.

This is a prime example of why Lucid needs to communicate what it’s doing or not doing. Either reign in the staff for talking about things they shouldn’t be or actually comment on the progress of things.

Comments like what that DA made can spread like wildfire and Lucid has no one to blame but themselves for the lack of communication.

I dont know how to say this, but if your DA was (and I mean by some slingshot moon chance) speaking from relayed factual information, there would hands down be a class action lawsuit. This was publicly promised to everyone… including shareholders directly.

By no means do I believe this is anything beyond poor communication.

I dont know how to say this, but if your DA was (and I mean by some slingshot moon chance) speaking from relayed factual information, there would hands down be a class action lawsuit. This was publicly promised to everyone… including shareholders directly.

By no means do I believe this is anything beyond poor communication.
I think the DA is talking out their ass to be honest. What’s worse is that this misinformation is coming from inside the company. Lucid can’t control what’s being spread outside the company but they certainly should be reigning staff in when making misleading / false statements like that.

I think the DA is talking out their ass to be honest. What’s worse is that this misinformation is coming from inside the company. Lucid can’t control what’s being spread outside the company but they certainly should be reigning staff in when making misleading / false statements like that.
The problem is nobody knows if she is talking out of her ass because Lucid prefers that we all just speculate instead of communicating with us. We are talking about the timing of a freaking app, but they choose to treat it like they are guarding the secret Coca Cola recipe. This DA’s comment is the perfect illustration of the absurdity of their communication practices. However, I might actually believe it because no news almost always equates to negative news.

Chill guys! 2022 Q4 Earning Call is coming.!!!

Earnings Call Details:
Date:
Wednesday, February 22, 2023
Time: 2:30 pm PT / 5:30 pm ET
Webcast: https://ir.lucidmotors.com (live and replay)

2022 Q3 Earnings Call was around Nov 8th and UX20 was out 2 weeks before that. Given that scenario, it is possible any day to Valentine’s Day might see CarPlay. I believe some of these deployments are strategically released to satisfied Wall Street analysts.

Chill guys! 2022 Q4 Earning Call is coming.!!!

Earnings Call Details:
Date:
Wednesday, February 22, 2023
Time: 2:30 pm PT / 5:30 pm ET
Webcast: https://ir.lucidmotors.com (live and replay)

2022 Q3 Earnings Call was around Nov 8th and UX20 was out 2 weeks before that. Given that scenario, it is possible any day to Valentine’s Day might see CarPlay. I believe some of these deployments are strategically released to satisfied Wall Street analysts.
Yay! We’ll get to hear Peter talk about truly believing they have a “world class efficient product” that he’ll repeat 50 times over in the earnings call and mention very little else or brush over things. Dude, we believe you but time to move onto something else about the car.

Yay! We’ll get to hear Peter talk about truly believing they have a “world class efficient product” that he’ll repeat 50 times over in the earnings call and mention very little else or brush over things. Dude, we believe you but time to move onto something else about the car.
“Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency… Efficiency…
Guys! Rest of call I’ll let CFO Sherry answer your questions.”

Not only that, my DA said that he’s also going to announce the opening of Gravity orders, roll out more Dream Drive features AND address the PIF rumor head on!

I had a DA who wore a Lucid hat and totally told me all kinds of things like Lucid steals motors from Tesla 🙄

The game of telephone is real, and DAs are not necessarily well informed about future plans from Lucid. This is hearsay and useless, and extremely unlikely.

I just want to be the first to wish everyone a Happy CarPlay Friday. I feel it, this is the one!

I just want to be the first to wish everyone a Happy CarPlay Friday. I feel it, this is the one!
This forum cracks me up at times 😂

Don’t hold your breath…… lol

Annnnnnnndddddddddd....... Its CarPlay Friday !!!!!
I always wear a Hawaiian shirt on CarPlay Friday.
Hey, anyone get a huge download this morning? No? Just me then? I get delivery on my Touring tomorrow, I'm sure it will have CarPlay, right?

I always wear a Hawaiian shirt on CarPlay Friday.
Hey, anyone get a huge download this morning? No? Just me then? I get delivery on my Touring tomorrow, I'm sure it will have CarPlay, right?
Oh I thought the car was downloading a Hawaiin shirt

Back