CarPlay in Gravity

That's how we managed in our Air, while waiting more than 2.5 years for Android Auto to appear. Hilarity didn't ensue.
The combination of terrible navigation software, and the long wait to circumvent it, was the only thing that has been truly troubling for us with the Air, and is the only reason I am looking at other vehicles beside Gravity to replace it.
That is such a terrible shame DeaneG!
Lucid please urgently consider how you intend to manage this!!
 
If Lucid would improve the navigation and add Apple Music native app, then I could live without CarPlay. My biggest issue is actually Siri vs Lucid Assistant. Lucid Assistant is currently a joke. When driving I much prefer using voice commands vs trying to punch in addresses or artist/song requests.

I would want a voice to text like Tesla has if they didn't have CarPlay
 
Robotaxi is a massive potential money maker (so they think). CarPlay, no. Enough EVs don’t offer it at all and Lucid won’t make money by having it.

Point is, if I were CEO, I’d prioritize robotaxis. As an owner, I want CarPlay.
Understand your point, but I just don’t want to “HERE about” this 😂🥱
what about DeaneG and ( hordes of ) others that don’t wanna consider a luxury SUV with outdated mapping technology?
CarPlay gets us google maps which my Gravity ( I still love it) desperately needs!
 
Understand your point, but I just don’t want to “HERE about” this 😂🥱
what about DeaneG and ( hordes of ) others that don’t wanna consider a luxury SUV with outdated mapping technology?
CarPlay gets us google maps which my Gravity ( I still love it) desperately needs!
I don’t disagree with you, but those same “hordes” of people won’t buy a Tesla or a Rivian. I guess my point is CarPlay is “losing” far less revenue for Lucid than Robotoaxis can make. But I think robotaxi use, in a widespread manner, is 5+ years away. Probably longer than that.

I hate the in car nav - but I hate it in our Tesla and the “Google” implementation in Rivian - it’s awful.

Who knows…
 
I don’t disagree with you, but those same “hordes” of people won’t buy a Tesla or a Rivian. I guess my point is CarPlay is “losing” far less revenue for Lucid than Robotoaxis can make. But I think robotaxi use, in a widespread manner, is 5+ years away. Probably longer than that.

I hate the in car nav - but I hate it in our Tesla and the “Google” implementation in Rivian - it’s awful.

Who knows…
I think what we’ve learned, if nothing else, is that lots of people have lots of opinions about nav.
 
Why is there no native Apple Music app; is there no demand for it?
Tesla, Rivian and others have it. I've just emailed Lucid's Software Feedback team.

I've been using the native Spotify app for the past week and I love it!
As soon as the door opens, my music is already pumping!
The UI integration is seamless - CarPlay definitely won't be given the Clearview Cockpit screen shape.

It's taken me one week to realize that I don't really need CarPlay.
I always use Lucid's navigation. Not the best, but good enough.

Besides Music and Maps (many people love Waze. I am indifferent),
what other use case is there for CarPlay?
 
Why is there no native Apple Music app; is there no demand for it?
Tesla, Rivian and others have it. I've just emailed Lucid's Software Feedback team.
Been asking the same question for probably 2 years now. It’s generally met with “maybe one day”
 
Why is there no native Apple Music app; is there no demand for it?
Tesla, Rivian and others have it. I've just emailed Lucid's Software Feedback team.

I've been using the native Spotify app for the past week and I love it!
As soon as the door opens, my music is already pumping!
The UI integration is seamless - CarPlay definitely won't be given the Clearview Cockpit screen shape.

It's taken me one week to realize that I don't really need CarPlay.
I always use Lucid's navigation. Not the best, but good enough.

Besides Music and Maps (many people love Waze. I am indifferent),
what other use case is there for CarPlay?
My wife and I coordinate daycare pickups from the road. Texting via voice with Siri is way better than any native text message interface I’ve dealt with. And changing podcasts while driving is better, too.
 
Why is there no native Apple Music app; is there no demand for it?
Been asking the same question for probably 2 years now. It’s generally met with “maybe one day”
since it's outside of CarPlay, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some kind of licensing fee for Apple Music.

what other use case is there for CarPlay?

either Android Auto or CarPlay and their respective stores give one access to apps like ABRP, Plugshare etc. which are nice to haves in a vehicle. ABRP worked great for me in a recent Hyundai Ioniq 5 rental. in a Polestar 3 rental I had, there was actual integration with the car's stats which was great.

personally I like the Volvo/Polestar/GM etc. approach of having Android Automotive with access to the Google Play store. that works for me. I don't like the piecemeal approach of Lucid getting to deicde what we get. though I guess one could argue they massage these apps into their UX so they work better for the user over the two screens. maybe that's true, though I for one find the SiriusXM app integration as it is clunky.
 
We had an Air loaner while our Gravity was in service. I used CarPlay and I was surprised to discover that I missed the Gravity clearview displays. I assume CarPlay will be in the clearview area for Gravity like it is for Air. If Gravity could get a native Audible app like Tesla had, I would probably be okay without CarPlay. I do wish that Bluetooth audio would display the last function you were using when you get back in the vehicle, however. I listen to my Audible books often and I would like it to just appear in the audio display when I get in, if Bluetooth was the last audio source used.
 
since it's outside of CarPlay, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some kind of licensing fee for Apple Music.
They’d at least need some form of approval from Apple etc. but it’s not like it’s anything new. Tesla, Rivian, Mercedes, Audi, GM, etc. all have native apps so not like it’s anything out of the ordinary.
 
Why is there no native Apple Music app; is there no demand for it?
Tesla, Rivian and others have it. I've just emailed Lucid's Software Feedback team.

I've been using the native Spotify app for the past week and I love it!
As soon as the door opens, my music is already pumping!
The UI integration is seamless - CarPlay definitely won't be given the Clearview Cockpit screen shape.

It's taken me one week to realize that I don't really need CarPlay.
I always use Lucid's navigation. Not the best, but good enough.

Besides Music and Maps (many people love Waze. I am indifferent),
what other use case is there for CarPlay?
Totally agree. Give me native Apple Music, improve navigation and maybe improve texting capabilities and I would ditch CarPlay. Biggest bonus would be with native Apple Music I would ditch Tidal. Native app has much better quality sound vs. CarPlay or streaming via Bluetooth.
 
I agree. I would be more than happy (and even prefer) to just receive native Apple Music integration. It avoids the whole ugly “rectangle window on a curved screen” thing like CarPlay on the Air. Ideally I would love to get the highest quality access to my Apple Music library while maintaining the Clearview Display’s native layout.
 
Hi @marqie,
We really want a native Apple Music app.
Can you please share any insights from Lucid?
 
I would also like EV route planning integration with Apple Maps!
 
Emad mentioned in Tom's State of Charge video to expect CarPlay in Q1 or Q2 the year.
 
Back
Top