CarPlay in Gravity

Also, Apple has strict requirement on where and how CarPlay can be placed in the car! That’s why the strange position and size of the CarPlay window in the Air
True. I expect an equally awkward wasted space on the Gravity clearview because of the way it curves on the right. In the Air, it’s noticeable and looks pretty JV, but it’s because Apple insists on the rectangle or whatever.

I still like the look/curve of the design versus other cars that just throw a large rectangle screen on there dash.
 
I'm certain I saw a video from a first-look event where they said that CarPlay would be on the pilot panel, but when looking for that video, I came across this one where it's shown running on the cockpit. Safe to say that it will look something like this.

 
I'm certain I saw a video from a first-look event where they said that CarPlay would be on the pilot panel, but when looking for that video, I came across this one where it's shown running on the cockpit. Safe to say that it will look something like this.

It's concerning that this video was posted 8 months ago with Apple CarPlay running in the Gravity yet it hasn't made it to the production version of the car. The snails pace at which Lucid works on getting things implemented on the software side is becoming tedious.
 
It's concerning that this video was posted 8 months ago with Apple CarPlay running in the Gravity yet it hasn't made it to the production version of the car. The snails pace at which Lucid works on getting things implemented on the software side is becoming tedious.
I have no idea what it takes to get CarPlay implemented and approved, but for what it’s worth, Polestar was showing off CarPlay running on the Polestar 2 about a year before it was actually delivered.
 
I found it! I don't know if this is true anymore (if it ever was), but Nick Twork made reference to CarPlay on the pilot panel:

This will be on of there BS talk and not deliver.
 
I found it! I don't know if this is true anymore (if it ever was), but Nick Twork made reference to CarPlay on the pilot panel:

Twok touches on the Apple CarPlay conundrum. Android Auto currently is more adaptive to a screen size, CarPlay isn't and likes its ratios a certain way (ran into this recently on an Ioniq 5 EV rental, where CarPlay was a "cute" size and AA filled the display). Hopefully Apple will address this in the future, but knowing my old employer, probably won't.
 
CarPlay Ultra is supposed to enable multiple screens, deeper integration, etc. Not sure how well it's being adopted, however.
After using my Gravity software for a few weeks now, I really like it. It's simple and straight forward.
Definitely better than software on the Turo Rivian I rented during Thanksgiving holiday in Canada.

It would be a terrible idea for Lucid to adopt CarPlay Ultra. Basic CarPlay is good enough.
I am willing to bet that CarPlay Ultra will eventually be abandoned by Apple.
OEM adoption is just not catching on. The momentum is with Autonomous Driving Features.
 
After using my Gravity software for a few weeks now, I really like it. It's simple and straight forward.
Definitely better than software on the Turo Rivian I rented during Thanksgiving holiday in Canada.
I'm OK with the Gravity UX so far (and HERE Maps doesn't make me puke 🤮, like some others here), but I do wish there was some of the deeper stuff that Rivian offers made available (battery temp, wheel travel etc.). And I'm hoping Terrain Mode addresses some of that, as this is supposed to be an SUV after all.
 
I'm OK with the Gravity UX so far (and HERE Maps doesn't make me puke 🤮, like some others here), but I do wish there was some of the deeper stuff that Rivian offers made available (battery temp, wheel travel etc.). And I'm hoping Terrain Mode addresses some of that, as this is supposed to be an SUV after all.
Yeah, I used service mode on my Tesla all the time to see what was going on. That would be great here, too, but the technical data Rivian shows you, especially battery data, would be very helpful. Their screen for this is well designed.
 
As I was driving my Gravity tonight I realized CarPlay would look absurd on the Pilot screen. It would just be an iPad, effectively.

I think it will size well in the right of the clearview cockpit, aside from the little triangular area that will be blank on the right.

We will find out…at some point.
 
I'm OK with the Gravity UX so far (and HERE Maps doesn't make me puke 🤮, like some others here), but I do wish there was some of the deeper stuff that Rivian offers made available (battery temp, wheel travel etc.). And I'm hoping Terrain Mode addresses some of that, as this is supposed to be an SUV after all.
As posted elsewhere I hope the NAV is HERE today and gone tomorrow:
The obsolete street names ( apparently unfixable)
New streets (5 years old) not even shown
Inaccurate posted speed limits ( you will🤮 when you get a speeding ticket)
Unreliable real time traffic
Untrustworthy, most of the time my wife as passenger brings up Google Maps on her phone and dictates the directions, which is laughable in an SUV at this price point in 2026 ( note it would be the Dream nav system of the future, in 1996🤣🤣🤣)

Lucid please introduce CarPlay to Gravity urgently! Please give the forum an update on plans and timing!
 
As I was driving my Gravity tonight I realized CarPlay would look absurd on the Pilot screen. It would just be an iPad, effectively.

I think it will size well in the right of the clearview cockpit, aside from the little triangular area that will be blank on the right.

We will find out…at some point.
It is Apple’s requirement that it is placed on the highest screen nearest the driver’s line of vision.
 
As posted elsewhere I hope the NAV is HERE today and gone tomorrow:
The obsolete street names ( apparently unfixable)
New streets (5 years old) not even shown
Inaccurate posted speed limits ( you will🤮 when you get a speeding ticket)
Unreliable real time traffic
Untrustworthy, most of the time my wife as passenger brings up Google Maps on her phone and dictates the directions, which is laughable in an SUV at this price point in 2026 ( note it would be the Dream nav system of the future, in 1996🤣🤣🤣)

Lucid please introduce CarPlay to Gravity urgently! Please give the forum an update on plans and timing!
By CarPlay you mean Android Auto, right? 🙂
 
If Lucid would improve the navigation and add Apple Music native app, then I could live without CarPlay. My biggest issue is actually Siri vs Lucid Assistant. Lucid Assistant is currently a joke. When driving I much prefer using voice commands vs trying to punch in addresses or artist/song requests.
 
If Lucid would improve the navigation and add Apple Music native app, then I could live without CarPlay. My biggest issue is actually Siri vs Lucid Assistant. Lucid Assistant is currently a joke. When driving I much prefer using voice commands vs trying to punch in addresses or artist/song requests.
I agree the Lucid assistant isn’t especially helpful, but neither is Siri (for me). Siri makes the same odd mistakes as Lucid assistant and oftentimes has no idea what I am saying. That said with CarPlay, it is certainly MUCH snappier to respond than Lucid’s assistant.
 
As posted elsewhere I hope the NAV is HERE today and gone tomorrow:...
Untrustworthy, most of the time my wife as passenger brings up Google Maps on her phone and dictates the directions...
That's how we managed in our Air, while waiting more than 2.5 years for Android Auto to appear. Hilarity didn't ensue.
The combination of terrible navigation software, and the long wait to circumvent it, was the only thing that has been truly troubling for us with the Air, and is the only reason I am looking at other vehicles beside Gravity to replace it.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top