Car Washing...what are your tips and tricks

Okay so here we go, prepare to spend money!

Since you have a pressure washer, buy this

Also buy 2 5 gallon buckets and...

A Grit Guard

Get 2 of these in different colors

A LOT of microfiber towels

Some window towels

Glass Cleaner

Wheel Cleaner

Okay now you are ready.

Fill both buckets with water, get both mits soaking. Spray your car, hook up that foam cannon and foam away. Using only 1 mit, wash foam on car. After 2 panels (my preference) rinse out in bucket with grit guard. Rinse again in other bucket. Continue until car is washed. Rinse off. Use 2nd mit now and use the wheel cleaner. Clean and rinse wheels. Grab your leaf blower and blow car from top down, get into the grooves and get that water out. Dry with microfiber cloth. After dry, take the Glass Cleaner and clean glass with the glass towels.

If you have ceramic coating, then you can get this https://www.opticoat.com/product/opti-coat-hyper-seal-16-oz/ to help top up the ceramic, but only need to do it once every 3 months or so.
Are you available Saturday mornings and what do you charge?
😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨
🙃🤣

Let me help spend more of your money. My well water has so much calcium in it, it leaves spots on my cars No matter how fast I dry them so I use one of these for the final rinse…..

Let me help spend more of your money. My well water has so much calcium in it, it leaves spots on my cars No matter how fast I dry them so I use one of these for the final rinse…..

Jesus. There’s a thing for everything.

Just gave away my power washer, and my foam cannon, and my foam gun, and my leaf blower, and all this other paraphernalia that just didn’t turn out to be all that necessary to keep our cars clean and spot free.

But this thing…I just might try it…

The waterless products work ok if your car is already pretty clean and is just coated with dust.

Jesus. There’s a thing for everything.

Just gave away my power washer, and my foam cannon, and my foam gun, and my leaf blower, and all this other paraphernalia that just didn’t turn out to be all that necessary to keep our cars clean and spot free.

But this thing…I just might try it…

So what was the issue with foam canon?

Last edited:
So what was the issue with foam canon?

No issue at all. Just completely unnecessary. All that foam, all those suds, all that water, all that preparation, only to end up with the same result as if you’d just thrown a few sponges into a bucket of water, and mixed in a huge dollop of car washing detergent.

No issue at all. Just completely unnecessary. All that foam, all those suds, all that water, all that preparation, only to end up with the same result as if you’d just thrown a few sponges into a bucket of water, and mixed in a huge dollop of car washing detergent.
I quit using foam cannons for the same reason. It’s not like you foam the car, rinse it off and you are finished. For me it actually adds a extra step.

I quit using foam cannons for the same reason. It’s not like you foam the car, rinse it off and you are finished. For me it actually adds a extra step.

So a good rinsing (hose) followed by foam canon then use pressure washer doesn't work well? Still need to use sponge or towel? I haven't had to wash a car by hand since 2007, LOL

Use Mike's now Crew if I have to wash the Tundra. Rare...

I only have a foam cannon because it's fun for my kids...and me too! But it also makes it so I KNOW I got soap everywhere instead of relying on myself going back to the bucket

I've always believed, but not necessarily practiced, that hand wash is less scratch prone but just this week, FWIW, I was told that a university (maybe Texas?) had conducted a study a while ago showing no difference between hand wash and automatic car wash. Have no idea on the methodology of the study, though.

I only have a foam cannon because it's fun for my kids...and me too! But it also makes it so I KNOW I got soap everywhere instead of relying on myself going back to the bucket
I like your thinking… unfortunately, i can’t pry mine away from their screens

I've always believed, but not necessarily practiced, that hand wash is less scratch prone but just this week, FWIW, I was told that a university (maybe Texas?) had conducted a study a while ago showing no difference between hand wash and automatic car wash. Have no idea on the methodology of the study, though.
Boy, find me that study! I would love to read it before my LAGT arrives.

Back