Car Mats

The whole point of the mats is protection, and I only use them during the rainier/muddier seasons. I didn't pay $150k for a car that comes with very nice carpets to never use said carpets.
Funny - I *always* use all-weather mats in every car I've ever owned. Maybe it's from growing up in NYC. I have zero interest in keeping the nice carpet in my car just for my shoes to make dirty.

Unlike my house, I can't enforce a 'shoes off' rule when entering my car. :)

Funny - I *always* use all-weather mats in every car I've ever owned. Maybe it's from growing up in NYC. I have zero interest in keeping the nice carpet in my car just for my shoes to make dirty.

Unlike my house, I can't enforce a 'shoes off' rule when entering my car. :)
Well, my thinking is this: Whats the point of having all that nice carpet if you won't use or see it it in the first place because you covered it up? We do have all weather mats in our car, but that was not my decision ;)

And in 2017, I actually met somebody with one of the first Model 3's that DID enforce a shoes-off rule in the car. He even had a storage bin for the shoes, which I found absolutely hilarious.

IMG_0870.png
Polar 🐼 and Juno 🐻‍❄️ (Grand Touring) says congratulations and welcome to LUCID Owners Forum !
Thank you. The Tuxmats look good but they dont have a mat for the trunk. I can't find it on Lucid store site either. Do you have any recommendations?

Well, my thinking is this: Whats the point of having all that nice carpet if you won't use or see it it in the first place because you covered it up?
Because if you can see the carpet in the footwell area (sidewalls included), in a year it'll look awful. It's far easier to pull the Tuxmats out of the car and scrub them with a brush and some Simple Green, then hose them off and let dry. Can't do that with the car's carpet.

Thank you. The Tuxmats look good but they dont have a mat for the trunk. I can't find it on Lucid store site either. Do you have any recommendations?
Yes they do. But it's semi hidden. You need to select a Touring GT and not Touring as your car. Then all the frunk and trunks show up as an option. Tuxmats screwed up their drop down menus. The same Tuxmats frunk and trunk mats fit all our cars, GT, Touring,Pure. Only the second row inside floor mats are different from GT to Touring/Pure.

I have let Tuxmats CS know.

I have the full Tuxmats trunk set, love them. Wife has spilled plants, easy clean up.

Well, my thinking is this: Whats the point of having all that nice carpet if you won't use or see it it in the first place because you covered it up? We do have all weather mats in our car, but that was not my decision ;)

And in 2017, I actually met somebody with one of the first Model 3's that DID enforce a shoes-off rule in the car. He even had a storage bin for the shoes, which I found absolutely hilarious.
This sounds like the opinion of someone who never had to clean the car or detail it or own one or take pride in a car or have kids

This sounds like the opinion of someone who never had to clean the car or detail it or own one or take pride in a car or have kids
The first two things are my responsibility, so I would know of that lol. I never said that it wasn’t hard to clean gunk off the floor, but a little scotchgard and some solutions I forgot the specific name of work wonders to make it easier. I spray solution into the carpet, agitate it with a drill brush, and suck it all up with an extractor. Granted, it’s more effort than just cleaning the rubber mats, but in CA it wouldn’t need much cleaning in the first place. Well worth it to me for the looks!

And dude, you REALLY need to chill with that tone… I literally just stated my harmless opinion. No offense.

Last edited:
The first two things are my responsibility, so I would know of that lol. I never said that it wasn’t hard to clean gunk off the floor, but a little scotchgard and some solutions I forgot the specific name of work wonders to make it easier. I spray solution into the carpet, agitate it with a drill brush, and suck it all up with an extractor. Granted, it’s more effort than just cleaning the rubber mats, but in CA it wouldn’t need much cleaning in the first place. Well worth it to me for the looks!

And dude, you REALLY need to chill with that tone… I literally just stated my harmless opinion. No offense.
Between school and the forum I’m surprised you have enough time to clean and detail the car 🤣

I have the tux mats for frunk and trunk. I just have the bottom of trunk. I think i have top and bottom of frunk.

Maybe I'm insane but the main result has been that in the frunk, I rarely lift it and use the bottom well now because I don't want to lift the mat and deal with it lol. That same reason is why I have not tried to get a top of the trunk mat too.

I have and like both.

Have you figured out a good way to clean the floor mats? I have a pair and they look discolored - even after cleaning.

Have you figured out a good way to clean the floor mats? I have a pair and they look discolored - even after cleaning.
I haven’t needed to actually clean trunk/frunk mats yet actually. I suppose I’ll start with a microfiber cloth and a little water when the time comes unless there’s a real mess…

Edit: I missed that you were asking about floor mats and not trunk/frunk mats. I have the 3D Mats brand mats which I just use vacuum and water as necessary. No big messes yet there either.

I prefer the look of the 3D mats; I like the texture and find the gray color fits my interior very well. Slightly less coverage than the TuxMats, but plenty for my needs, and imho they look better.

But, and this is the best part: you get to choose your own preferences! :)
I have to agree with this. I got 3D Mats because I prefer the look.

Especially with them having a gray option

For a deep clean, I take them out, spray them down, use a tire brush (big soft brush) and soap to scrub them, let soak for a bit, scrub again, rinse. No discoloration on my Tahoe Lucid mats after close to 9 months. Only problem I have doing this is they’re slippery for a few days afterwards. Maybe I just haven’t rinsed well enough.

They can be sprayed from a garden hose and dry quickly. Having the velcro on the underside that match the car's spots makes it easy to position/remove them

Back