Car Mats

Mike L

Cars
Air Touring
My Air Touring arrived yesterday. Does anyone have any recommendations on all weather floor mats ? Lucid wants $250 for the set. Thanks

There's more information on floor mats than you could ever want in a different thread. You can find it with a quick search
Thank you. The Tuxmats look good but they dont have a mat for the trunk. I can't find it on Lucid store site either. Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you. The Tuxmats look good but they dont have a mat for the trunk. I can't find it on Lucid store site either. Do you have any recommendations?
Tuxmats does have both trunk and frunk mats. I have them in my Air GT.

These are excellent mats that I’ve used in a variety of cars. They look great, wear well and are easy to clean:

I have and like both.

I don't use mats for the trunk or frunk. But I feel like I remember seeing that someone was selling them separately from the floor mats. So, although I have Tuxmats in the car, if they don't sell them, I'd get some other brand if I decided to get protection for the trunk and frunk. But I just read your other message. Trunk and frunk dimensions are the same for all models so it doesn't need to say Pure or Touring or anything

I have Tuxmats for footwalls, LinerX for trunk floor mat, Lucid's frunk well mat. Very happy with all.

TuxMats have the best coverage in my opinion, and also look the least like rubber floor mats (which would ruin the look of the car, in my opinion).

TuxMats have the best coverage in my opinion, and also look the least like rubber floor mats (which would ruin the look of the car, in my opinion).
I don't know if it's just me, but I prefer 3d mats by far due to how sleek and thin they look, while the rest of the mats look very bulky to me.

I don't know if it's just me, but I prefer 3d mats by far due to how sleek and thin they look, while the rest of the mats look very bulky to me.
It's a tradeoff between coverage/protection and appearance. Can't have everything in one mat.

It's a tradeoff between coverage/protection and appearance. Can't have everything in one mat.
True, I suppose it depends on where you live. If you live in a place with relatively few inclement weather events and you don't get muddy very often, then go for the 3d mats as not much protection is needed in the first place. If you live in a place with a lot of rain, snow, mud, etc, then definitely check out the higher-protection mats.

They don't have nearly as much sidewall coverage, have a far uglier texture, and worse, a gaudy "3D" logo plastered on them.

The whole point of the mats is protection, and I only use them during the rainier/muddier seasons. I didn't pay $150k for a car that comes with very nice carpets to never use said carpets.

I prefer the look of the 3D mats; I like the texture and find the gray color fits my interior very well. Slightly less coverage than the TuxMats, but plenty for my needs, and imho they look better.

But, and this is the best part: you get to choose your own preferences! :)

Back