Cancellation experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard - NO, inconvenient - YES. I typically don't pick unrecognized numbers especially when in office. Yes, I could call back but I don't see the need.

Why can't I be treated like how they have handled cancellations in the past? They should respective my wishes, clearly it should be obvious that I'm NOT interested in spending any time on this.
Have you ever canceled a cable subscription?

I get it. No one hates answering the phone more than I do. But I also understand sales people have a job to do. In these situations, I tend to weigh my personal aggravation at the principle of the thing vs. just picking up the phone once and getting it over with. Then I go with the one that raises my blood pressure the least.

Have you ever canceled a cable subscription?

I get it. No one hates answering the phone more than I do. But I also understand sales people have a job to do. In these situations, I tend to weigh my personal aggravation at the principle of the thing vs. just picking up the phone once and getting it over with. Then I go with the one that raises my blood pressure the least.
I'm sure I'll end-up just doing that. I'll give this week to them though. I was just expecting to be better than than the "cable" company or SiriusXM (SiriusXM has taken out the outright cancellation button their site when I tried last month).

I was also sharing my experience here to contrast others experience or expectations that it will be taken care of if one requests formally.

I'm sure I'll end-up just doing that. I'll give this week to them though. I was just expecting to be better than than the "cable" company or SiriusXM (SiriusXM has taken out the outright cancellation button their site when I tried last month).

I was also sharing my experience here to contrast others experience or expectations that it will be taken care of if one requests formally.
I had given up and logged out pn this site for the past couple of days. However I've logged back in ONLY to thank you for your contribution: keeping everyone posted on your cancellation experience. Thank you @obelix !

Hard - NO, inconvenient - YES. I typically don't pick unrecognized numbers especially when in office. Yes, I could call back but I don't see the need.

Why can't I be treated like how they have handled cancellations in the past? They should respective my wishes, clearly it should be obvious that I'm NOT interested in spending any time on this.
And yet here you are spending more time posting on an Internet forum than it would've taken to simply return the call.

I find it appropriate that they will not cancel your order without talking to you. Someone trying to mess with you could cancel your order without your knowledge. And they may want to confirm how the deposit is being returned. It isn't necessarily about trying to talk you out of canceling. This is all a lot like my broker who will not do a transaction without talking to me; leaving a voicemail is not enough.

Fine, then email them and tell them you prefer email to phone, and that you’d like to cancel without talking to them, and I assume they’ll ask you how you want your deposit returned.

This is definitely making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Fine, then email them and tell them you prefer email to phone, and that you’d like to cancel without talking to them, and I assume they’ll ask you how you want your deposit returned.

This is definitely making a mountain out of a mole hill.
I emailed them to cancel my Pure order when I got my GT and had my money back within 3 days. Never got a call or had to deal with anyone in “person”.

I had given up and logged out pn this site for the past couple of days. However I've logged back in ONLY to thank you for your contribution: keeping everyone posted on your cancellation experience. Thank you @obelix !
Your comment would have been much better and less inflammatory if you had simply not said the first half.

“Thank you for your contribution, and keeping everyone posted on your cancellation experience” is well within the guidelines (and is explicitly allowed, even!), but the first half which solely serves to fulminate and is clearly intended as flamebait, is not.

Consider this a warning.

When I cancelled my order, I got a call from my DA. I took the call because I had read this thread and others like it and knew that if I "ghosted" him, i'd be getting a lot of calls. It was an easy experience and he offered me my "non refundable" $1000 back. That money did eventually get credited to my credit card. I also got a call from corporate earlier this week. I gave them the same story (wife is looking at taking a new job that will come with a significant salary decrease, thus adding a large car note at this time is not prudent for us). No problem on that call. They just wanted to know how my experience with Lucid was and if there was anything they could do to improve.

While, for some, THAT would be a great/loaded question.....I'd say that my experience with Lucid would not prevent me from placing an order on the 2025 mid sized model, if/when it comes out.

We had an order placed for a Lucid Air Touring, but ended up getting concerned about potential drive failures, especially with the newer configurations of the Touring platform. Our DA had just emailed us that a VIN had been assigned, and I replied back that we had decided to not move forward with the purchase, and instead wanted to give Lucid a bit more time to work through the quality issues that others have reported. We never got a response back from the email we sent, or the voicemail I left, but a few days later we received an email letting us know that the order was cancelled along with a pleasant surprise that we were also refunded our deposit. A week later I received a call from Lucid Corporate wanting to ask about our experience, what made us change our minds on moving forward with a purchase, etc. Overall, an easy experience, except for the lack of communication with the DA (and I know that they're understaffed and slammed in that department). The vehicle was fantastic to drive and we were really impressed with the features and design. We just need Lucid to iron out their quality issues in the drivetrain reliability department, and then I'd love to move forward with replacing my wife's Model S with a Lucid Air in a year or two.

We had an order placed for a Lucid Air Touring, but ended up getting concerned about potential drive failures, especially with the newer configurations of the Touring platform. Our DA had just emailed us that a VIN had been assigned, and I replied back that we had decided to not move forward with the purchase, and instead wanted to give Lucid a bit more time to work through the quality issues that others have reported. We never got a response back from the email we sent, or the voicemail I left, but a few days later we received an email letting us know that the order was cancelled along with a pleasant surprise that we were also refunded our deposit. A week later I received a call from Lucid Corporate wanting to ask about our experience, what made us change our minds on moving forward with a purchase, etc. Overall, an easy experience, except for the lack of communication with the DA (and I know that they're understaffed and slammed in that department). The vehicle was fantastic to drive and we were really impressed with the features and design. We just need Lucid to iron out their quality issues in the drivetrain reliability department, and then I'd love to move forward with replacing my wife's Model S with a Lucid Air in a year or two.
Sounds like a pleasant experience. I would just be careful assuming that the forums are representative of the overall ownership stats; the vast majority of cars delivered have no drivetrain issues.

But waiting is always safer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back