Cancellation experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
By all accounts here nobody has experienced what this article alleges. Not that it matters, it’s a good business practice, only spun as a negative by Alexa St John because that’s what these writers do. Unfortunately Road & Track magazine has joined in on the negativity pile-on, and wouldn’t you know it, their source is Barron’s writer Bill Alpert. I know it’s hard for businesses to sue journalists but I hope Lucid’s legal department has some bulldogs that go after these libelous writers.
I have had Srius XM call me 11 times over this weekend and I ignored all the calls because I know why they are calling because the XM Trial in another of my vehicles is ending and I am not interested in signing up. Today I decided to just answer when they called and explained I was no longer interested and she said she would mark it in their system and I would not get another call. This is not a new tactic from any retention group for any company. If you want to cancel and they call just answer the phone and let them know you no longer want the vehicle and they will not call you again. This is a nothing story that keeps getting repeated and blown up for no reason.

I have had Srius XM call me 11 times over this weekend and I ignored all the calls because I know why they are calling because the XM Trial in another of my vehicles is ending and I am not interested in signing up. Today I decided to just answer when they called and explained I was no longer interested and she said she would mark it in their system and I would not get another call. This is not a new tactic from any retention group for any company. If you want to cancel and they call just answer the phone and let them know you no longer want the vehicle and they will not call you again. This is a nothing story that keeps getting repeated and blown up for no reason.
OMG call Alexa St John at Business Insider stat! The public has a right to know about this harassment!!! 🤣. Must mean Sirius is going out of business! Shareholders have a right to know!!!

His millisecond long attention span has already drifted away from Lucid and he now says his pronouns are “Prosecute/Fauci”. It’s almost like he was trying to find a way to get me to delete my Twitter account. It worked! Well done sir! While I’m thankful he helped bring EVs and Space X to fruition, I hope he now pulls a Kanye and erases his own influence and credibility for the sake of humanity.
Agree 100%. That tweet pushed me over the edge and I deleted my Twitter account as well. I can ignore most of his idiotic rantings, but this hit too close to home. As a physician who daily put multiple layers of PPE on through the pandemic to treat patients, I found this tweet to be beyond disgusting. I have no problem disagreeing about politics, but Musk's comments go beyond that and reinforces the crazy beliefs that still exist today regarding COVID. Sorry for the rant. Hit a nerve.

Agree 100%. That tweet pushed me over the edge and I deleted my Twitter account as well. I can ignore most of his idiotic rantings, but this hit too close to home. As a physician who daily put multiple layers of PPE on through the pandemic to treat patients, I found this tweet to be beyond disgusting. I have no problem disagreeing about politics, but Musk's comments go beyond that and reinforces the crazy beliefs that still exist today regarding COVID. Sorry for the rant. Hit a nerve.
Yeah me too. I’m an anesthesiologist and my job shifted from OR cases to intubating EVERY COVID patient that came in with hypoxic respiratory failure. Hit a huge nerve. Fauci was just trying his best to advocate maximum caution and sensibility. I guess Elon’s stance makes perfect sense since he’s against being cautious 100% of the time (let’s call it full self driving even though it isn’t, let’s launch a rocket in a thunderstorm, it will be fine, let’s hear what the racists think about this topic, etc etc etc).

Yeah me too. I’m an anesthesiologist and my job shifted from OR cases to intubating EVERY COVID patient that came in with hypoxic respiratory failure. Hit a huge nerve. Fauci was just trying his best to advocate maximum caution and sensibility. I guess Elon’s stance makes perfect sense since he’s against being cautious 100% of the time (let’s call it full self driving even though it isn’t, let’s launch a rocket in a thunderstorm, it will be fine, let’s hear what the racists think about this topic, etc etc etc).
Please try to keep this thread on topic, we are getting a little bit away from Lucid and cancellations.

Wow, and I thought I had it bad as an ENT surgeon. Guess over time the trauma of the past couple years will fade. Definitely driving this wonderful car helps. Helps me tune out the nut jobs like Elon while listening to my music in beautiful Atmos sound. 😀

Please try to keep this thread on topic, we are getting a little bit away from Lucid and cancellations.
Yeah apologies, the press was so into cancellations and Elon was piling on that I turned it into Elon sucks and then his comments set me off. In any case, to get this back on topic, what I really want to know is has ANYONE actually got this phone call or email when they decided to cancel offering them legacy GT pricing?

Yeah apologies, the press was so into cancellations and Elon was piling on that I turned it into Elon sucks and then his comments set me off. In any case, to get this back on topic, what I really want to know is has ANYONE actually got this phone call or email when they decided to cancel offering them legacy GT pricing?
I did not request to cancel but requested to be upgraded to GT at the legacy price and it was granted.

I did not request to cancel but requested to be upgraded to GT at the legacy price and it was granted.
Damn, congrats! How recent was this? This is also different than the press claim that people trying to cancel get offered the GT for $139K.

Yeah it's easy to get the situation muddled. Two weeks ago I offered to convert Touring to GT if they would honor the legacy pricing. Request was granted for one of their inventory cars - and tomorrow is pickup day! I guess you could say I cancelled a Touring. But in reality I would have kept the Touring if the request was not granted.

Damn, congrats! How recent was this? This is also different than the press claim that people trying to cancel get offered the GT for $139K.
Last week Wednesday. Approved on Friday. Got word today that vehicle is in inspection.

Yeah it's easy to get the situation muddled. Two weeks ago I offered to convert Touring to GT if they would honor the legacy pricing. Request was granted for one of their inventory cars - and tomorrow is pickup day! I guess you could say I cancelled a Touring. But in reality I would have kept the Touring if the request was not granted.
It’s technically $131.5k after the federal credit. Pretty good deal.

It’s technically $131.5k after the federal credit. Pretty good deal.
Not everyone will qualify for the credit. Only those who finalized their order before the new law will. Important to state so folks don’t get their hopes high only to be disappointed and blame Lucid:)

Not everyone will qualify for the credit. Only those who finalized their order before the new law will. Important to state so folks don’t get their hopes high only to be disappointed and blame Lucid:)

Nope. Will blame the person who changed the law in August. 😤

I requested cancellation on 6th Jan. So far 4 phone calls, 2 emails by sales but order NOT cancelled. I've sent a chaser today, will see how it goes. But, I think I'd be reaching 14 follow-up by next week.

I've nothing to discuss or explain or even negotiate. Anybody having same experience recently?

I requested cancellation on 6th Jan. So far 4 phone calls, 2 emails but order NOT cancelled. I've sent a chaser today, will see how it goes. But, I think I'd be reaching 14 follow-up by next week.

I've nothing to discuss or explain or even negotiate. Anybody having same experience recently?
Why not just answer the call and confirm you wanted your order cancelled? Is that too hard to do?

Why not just answer the call and confirm you wanted your order cancelled? Is that too hard to do?
Hard - NO, inconvenient - YES. I typically don't pick unrecognized numbers especially when in office. Yes, I could call back but I don't see the need.

Why can't I be treated like how they have handled cancellations in the past? They should respective my wishes, clearly it should be obvious that I'm NOT interested in spending any time on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back