Can I just say how much I love the sound engineer who designed all the little sounds in this car

I mean the sounds are great. They sound pleasant and futuristic. Love the seat belt warning to the door is open warning. Great job people who made those sounds
Same here! I know some reviewers have noted that they don’t like the turn signal sound but I think it works very well for the car. Also the warning sound when the door is open and the car is in drive is a pretty neat futuristic/spaceship sound. Big fan.

I mean the sounds are great. They sound pleasant and futuristic. Love the seat belt warning to the door is open warning. Great job people who made those sounds
Huge fan of the sound design here, too. This sort of thing is underrated, because you tend to only notice when it’s done wrong.

I used to do stage lighting and sound from time to time. Same story, if it is done right, no one notices, they just liked the show. But if anything is wrong, it is immediately noticed. I guess plumbers have the same experience.

I used to do stage lighting and sound from time to time. Same story, if it is done right, no one notices, they just liked the show. But if anything is wrong, it is immediately noticed. I guess plumbers have the same experience.
Yeah, I did post production sound. The best way to bore an audience to tears is to play them the footage with only production sound shot on set, they’d think most movies were terrible. So I’m a nerd about that stuff and appreciate the Lucid’s sound design. The brake pedal start up noise, the seat belt chime, the natural sound of the motor (which isn’t sound design!) and even the blinker noise which yes does sound like an old Lincoln town car, which I think is fun. My only gripe is the cross traffic alert sound is a bit too startling, but maybe that’s because it’s supposed to startle you?

The car is more mature than Tesla Whoopi cushion or Mercedes spaceship fake acceleration noise.

I bet you appreciate the Lucid’s interior lighting, it’s not eye torture like the EQS Vegas strip club screen. It reminds me more of a classy home theater tract lighting.

Ok, I will be "that guy". I don't like most of the sounds.

It might be nice if eventually they provided "themed" sounds, where you could either select a package of sounds just like you pick the mood lighting, or could pick and choose from a Chinese menu of sounds. I'll take the High Desert for four, a side of Lake Tahoe for braking, and Egg Roll for the back seat seatbelt warning.

My kid caught a theater bug early, but I didn't worry because she is smart and gets bored easily. No. I was the dad sitting in the freezing car at 9;20 pm (should be done by 8), locked out of the school because of the NRA. Now she's stage managing Kimberly Akimbo on Broadway. So, guess who appreciates sound and lighting. Me. Me saying I love musical theater. Me saying that.

It might be nice if eventually they provided "themed" sounds, where you could either select a package of sounds just like you pick the mood lighting, or could pick and choose from a Chinese menu of sounds. I'll take the High Desert for four, a side of Lake Tahoe for braking, and Egg Roll for the back seat seatbelt warning.
Like Homer Simpson on Garmin GPS!

My kid caught a theater bug early, but I didn't worry because she is smart and gets bored easily. No. I was the dad sitting in the freezing car at 9;20 pm (should be done by 8), locked out of the school because of the NRA. Now she's stage managing Kimberly Akimbo on Broadway. So, guess who appreciates sound and lighting. Me. Me saying I love musical theater. Me saying that.
I love musical theater. I also have Dolby ATMOS in my media room theater at home. I appreciate Lucid Air render that ATMOS. Car just keeps better with refinement.

Sound makes it difference in mood. Lucid Air just sounds gentle and classy except the new seatbelt sounds got real loud, but 2.0.20 toned it down.

Our Polestar 2 turn signals sound is so loud and weird. My son said it’s Norwegian Thor’s hammer 🔨 sound. To me it’s offensively protruding to my ears.

I agree. The Out of Spec guy complained about the sounds. Can’t please everyone I guess

I'm a fan of the sounds too. They suit the beautiful interior design.

So glad I saw this thread. I agree, I think the sounds are excellent and just highlight how the design of the interior is chef's kiss in my opinion.

And I'll say that I love the turn signal sounds. They're pleasant with a nice "bell" sound, for lack of a better description, without the "click-clack"-y-ness of many other cars.

So you’re not on the 2.xxx update yet if you love the seatbelt warning.

The other sounds are soft and great.

Yesterday afternoon, every button I touched on the screens made a clicking sound, the Homelink button, folding mirrors, navigation, etc. It hadn't done this before and today the sound is gone. Not that I want the sound, but out of curiosity, is there a way to turn this sound off and on?

Back