Call Volume Complaints (on the other end)

Calls through CarPlay were improved in 2.1.42. BT calling is improved in 2.1.47.
All I know is as of 5:00pm today, I couldn’t make a call or answer a call with my CarPlay turned off but phone connected via Bluetooth. Been doing this for weeks, and I end up having to use speakerphone.

Hoping the new update solves for that issue. If CarPlay has gotten better as well (meaning receiving person hears us fine) then that will help too.

I know these are growing pains, but annoying when you need to make calls with easy and have call anxiety every time the phone rings. 🙄

I have noticed that once car play takes a call it takes a second or two for people to hear you. It's like there is a pause right when the call starts. Just got .47 update so I will check soon if that is fixed.

I tried using CarPlay on .47 and my voice still sounds muffled on the receiving end, but it’s a tad better than before.

I tried using CarPlay on .47 and my voice still sounds muffled on the receiving end, but it’s a tad better than before.
I tested as well with the 3rd install of .47 ... no discernible improvement ... not even a tad.

Mine has been much better since the most recent update. I did have one of my microphones replaced a while back as well.
Ever since the last update, now my mic wont work in carplay and my phone wont work in the Lucid UI.
Anyone else hvg this problem?

Ever since the last update, now my mic wont work in carplay and my phone wont work in the Lucid UI.
You are welcome to reach out on DM and we can get on a call to try to rectify.

Follow up on my last post -- the issue isn't fixed after a hardware replacement on my side. My wife was just being too kind and didn't say anything :(

Follow up on my last post -- the issue isn't fixed after a hardware replacement on my side. My wife was just being too kind and didn't say anything :(
Did they replace mics or something else? I too don't want to schedule a service appointment if this is going to end up being a FW fix. It appears that this is a very long and ongoing issue that Lucid should prioritize.

Did they replace mics or something else? I too don't want to schedule a service appointment if this is going to end up being a FW fix. It appears that this is a very long and ongoing issue that Lucid should prioritize.
They physically replaced my mic hardware.

Do you also have 2.1.47?
This has been an ongoing issue in my now > 1 year ownership. I am on 2.1.47, software updates haven’t make a difference.

I had problems with the mic not working in CarPlay after the last update, too. Also had issues with CarPlay not starting up at all. After multiple times disconnecting and reconnecting my phone, along with multiple reboots of the car, it seems to be working again now.

And yet nobody calls
1702950016775.png

Just reporting a similar issue here. iPhone 14 and now iPhone 15 with Apple CarPlay. Have intermittent issues where the person on the other end of the call can’t hear me.

I'm getting a Slightly different problem w/ .47 ... the calls actually sound good now (my wife always complained and lately she can't tell which car I'm in 👍)

However, CarPlay no longer connects automatically for me. I have to go to settings/connectivity/devices and click the Carplay button by my phone.

I'm getting a Slightly different problem w/ .47 ... the calls actually sound good now (my wife always complained and lately she can't tell which car I'm in 👍)

However, CarPlay no longer connects automatically for me. I have to go to settings/connectivity/devices and click the Carplay button by my phone.
Try to completely remove and re-add.

New CarPlay call issue. The latest software seemed to fix the called party not being able to hear you. I am now having an issue with the entertainment audio and calls on CarPlay. Today, I received a call which I answered using CarPlay. I was listening to a track on Tidal. The call started off fine with the Tidal audio volume muted. Within 30 seconds, the Tidal audio volume started to increase in the car back to the level it was when I received the call and the called party could not hear me. Lowering the volume dial only lowered the call volume, not the audio track playing. I had to drop the call, mute the audio then call the party back.

Back