Call Volume Complaints (on the other end)

I'm just told it's software. I had the same problem, they replaced both microphones in the car, and it stayed the same. Anxiously awaiting a software update.
Good to know! Thanks for reporting back :)

I'm just told it's software. I had the same problem, they replaced both microphones in the car, and it stayed the same. Anxiously awaiting a software update.
Also glad to know that Lucid is clearly aware at this point since they have verified hardware. It's so annoying placing calls in my car with my AirPods. I literally place calls all the time when driving so it's my biggest gripe about my Air.

I hv had all the same issues too on my Iphone 14.
Seems that it started a couple of updates or so ago.
Music volume and conversation thru Carplay is the shits.
Hopefully they are on it.
We will see.

I'm experiencing the same issue (poor quality on calls .. sound like I'm "far away", "in a closet or underwater", "muffled", etc.). Every so often, I'll have a good connection, but rare.

Yesterday, I also noticed that the Audio and Media Volume controls didn't respond as I'd expect. I'd end a call and the music would resume, but very loud .. the sliders for Audio and Media seemed to move in concert... until they didn't and then I could put them back to where they were.

Lastly, as I drove around, the volume would drop for a minute or two, then it'd resume as before ... and so on and so on. Anybody notice this? I vaguely remember something similar a few software versions ago, but I hadn't noticed the problem again until the last 2 OTAs.

[using iPhone 12ProMax, CarPlay, w/ and w/o Navigation on]

I'm experiencing the same issue (poor quality on calls .. sound like I'm "far away", "in a closet or underwater", "muffled", etc.). Every so often, I'll have a good connection, but rare.

Yesterday, I also noticed that the Audio and Media Volume controls didn't respond as I'd expect. I'd end a call and the music would resume, but very loud .. the sliders for Audio and Media seemed to move in concert... until they didn't and then I could put them back to where they were.

Lastly, as I drove around, the volume would drop for a minute or two, then it'd resume as before ... and so on and so on. Anybody notice this? I vaguely remember something similar a few software versions ago, but I hadn't noticed the problem again until the last 2 OTAs.

[using iPhone 12ProMax, CarPlay, w/ and w/o Navigation on]
This is a known problem. I assume they are working on a software resolution for it. They did a bunch of testing on my car and recordings to demonstrate the issue.

CarPlay or non-Carplay ?

Same problems here...only since last software upgrade. I've e-mailed and called multiple times. Poor phone quality in the car was OK for a week or two, but it's been over a month. Most annoying issue for me to date - and I'm on my third steering wheel! (creek issue)

I tested the phone mic problem by turning carplay off in the devices/phone setting in the car and made calls thru the car and then thru Carplay separately.
It is definitly the Carplay interface.
I'm guessing that the Carplay may be accessing the phone mic instead of the car mic.
Because everyone says it sounds like I'm in a tunnel when calling on Carplay.
I normally keep my phone on center column while driving.
Next time I will pick it up and see if any difference.

I tested the phone mic problem by turning carplay off in the devices/phone setting in the car and made calls thru the car and then thru Carplay separately.
It is definitly the Carplay interface.
I'm guessing that the Carplay may be accessing the phone mic instead of the car mic.
Because everyone says it sounds like I'm in a tunnel when calling on Carplay.
I normally keep my phone on center column while driving.
Next time I will pick it up and see if any difference.
I tried the same thing and voice quality much worse through CarPlay as well but not sure it is using phone microphone since covering it did nothing to call quality.

Frankly this has been a problem since day 1. Some calls I hear no complaints others I hear I sound like I’m far away. I have two phone, iPhone XS and 12 pro max, one for work and one personal and they both have the same issue doesn’t matter Bluetooth or wired.

I don’t know what it is, but I cannot wait for them to make a change of some sort. It’s not conducive to business calls while driving.

Frankly this has been a problem since day 1. Some calls I hear no complaints others I hear I sound like I’m far away. I have two phone, iPhone XS and 12 pro max, one for work and one personal and they both have the same issue doesn’t matter Bluetooth or wired.

I don’t know what it is, but I cannot wait for them to make a change of some sort. It’s not conducive to business calls while driving.
Exactly correct. When my car was at the service center, they put it through a variety of tests to gather data. I was hoping at 2.1.15 would take a stab at solving this, but nothing has changed. I have three cars with CarPlay and the others sound crystal clear on both ends of the call. This one, not so good.

I had the same issue (call volume) but since the 2.1.26 update that issue has been resolved for me....

Disclaimer: I also upgraded to iPhone 15 Pro recently

I had the same issue (call volume) but since the 2.1.26 update that issue has been resolved for me....

Disclaimer: I also upgraded to iPhone 15 Pro recently
I have also noticed that things are much better and people are not complaining any more about it. iPhone 15 Pro Max.

I still get complaints via the Lucid interface. "sounds like you are in a tunnel". I haven't tried CarPlay and TBH even if CarPlay is better it's only a workaround. I would like for the audio to be sorted when placing calls directly from Lucid software.

Hello! Just got my Lucid AIr Touring, and first thing my wife said when talking on the phone is that the sound of my voice is not clear at all. I'm on 2.1.42.

One thing we tested was that if i move close to the mic under the rear view mirror, my voice becomes a little more clear, if i move myself to the mic in the center of the car, it doesn't seem to transmit any sound. I tried tapping on it, etc.. and my wife couldn't hear it. Is it possible Lucid has some issues with the center mic?

I also called my wife twice in the last two days. Once over carplay, and once over Lucid UI and it's the same thing from her perspective. No difference

I'll just be happy when I can hear them at all and they can hear me. Without having to call twice.

Hello! Just got my Lucid AIr Touring, and first thing my wife said when talking on the phone is that the sound of my voice is not clear at all. I'm on 2.1.42.

One thing we tested was that if i move close to the mic under the rear view mirror, my voice becomes a little more clear, if i move myself to the mic in the center of the car, it doesn't seem to transmit any sound. I tried tapping on it, etc.. and my wife couldn't hear it. Is it possible Lucid has some issues with the center mic?

I also called my wife twice in the last two days. Once over carplay, and once over Lucid UI and it's the same thing from her perspective. No difference

A while back, I had Lucid specifically replace my mic and my issues went away. Same complaints were coming from my wife and family members.
Mine has been much better since the most recent update. I did have one of my microphones replaced a while back as well.

Back