Call Volume Complaints (on the other end)

With the most recent update I have been having significant issues with Phone calls. Volume changes dramatically for calls vs music and people can’t hear me. After calls, had to switch music sources to get music to play again.
The issues were significant enough I used the iPhone speaker vs the Car Play interface and Lucid mic and speakers.
iPhone 15 pro 17.1.2 and Lucid 2.1.43.

I really wish we had a poll to determine if this is a HW or FW issue. Had a call today (on .43) where my brother said he could barely hear me and I was distant. I need to try a few more tests while my iPhone is connected via CarPlay or BT only. I have a Google Voice number so I guess I could try leaving myself a couple of voicemails so I can hear the actual quality for myself.

I really wish we had a poll to determine if this is a HW or FW issue. Had a call today (on .43) where my brother said he could barely hear me and I was distant. I need to try a few more tests while my iPhone is connected via CarPlay or BT only. I have a Google Voice number so I guess I could try leaving myself a couple of voicemails so I can hear the actual quality for myself.
I did not try BT only to see if that improved things. Previously I have had people surprised I was in a car using CarPlay and before CarPlay, BT. While my patience has expired for improving home link, I have patience for this fix.

I did not try BT only to see if that improved things. Previously I have had people surprised I was in a car using CarPlay and before CarPlay, BT. While my patience has expired for improving home link, I have patience for this fix.
I just tested by recording voice mails on my Google Voice number so I could hear for myself. Both BT and CarPlay audio quality in the Lucid sounded distant and muffled. I tried in my Rivian and the quality was similar to a test I did using the speaker phone on the phone itself, both were acceptable. This is either a HW or SW issue on the Lucid side. Right after I finished testing, I was prompted to install .47. I’ll try again after the update completes

Anyone having issues with the phone/bluetooth not connecting when a call comes through (not on CarPlay)??? I was told that CarPlay is not great for calls as of yet.
If I'm not alone on this, is there a fix?

Anyone having issues with the phone/bluetooth not connecting when a call comes through (not on CarPlay)??? I was told that CarPlay is not great for calls as of yet.
If I'm not alone on this, is there a fix?
Calls through CarPlay were improved in 2.1.42. BT calling is improved in 2.1.47.

AQ on 42 and connection on 47
Well, based on my tests above, I’m not seeing that on .42 on iPhone 15 Pro Max. I’ll test again on .47, but now I’m suspecting I have a HW issue.

Well, based on my tests above, I’m not seeing that on .42 on iPhone 15 Pro Max. I’ll test again on .47, but now I’m suspecting I have a HW issue.
My CarPlay sounds great lately.

To clarify. I was referring to call AQ.
Now I’m confused. Are you referring to the quality of the audio you hear or the quality of the person on the other side hears?

Even on 2.1.42 I can hear everyone just fine on BT or carplay. They just can’t hear me

Now I’m confused. Are you referring to the quality of the audio you hear or the quality of the person on the other side hears?

Even on 2.1.42 I can hear everyone just fine on BT or carplay. They just can’t hear me
Outgoing Audio Quality .. what people hear. Their voice sounds fine. My voice sounds low and muffled On the receiving end … this was confirmed in my Google Voice call voice mail tests above

Outgoing Audio Quality .. what people hear. Their voice sounds fine. My voice sounds low and muffled On the receiving end … this was confirmed in my Google Voice call voice mail tests above
Ok so we’re on the same page. @Bobby what are you referring to? Lol

Same: quality of the call on the other end.
I’m certainly happy to arrange a time with you to chat on the phone to evaluate sound quality. I also know they’ve been doing a bunch of improvements on the most recent updates despite the fact that the release notes don’t indicate such.

I’m certainly happy to arrange a time with you to chat on the phone to evaluate sound quality. I also know they’ve been doing a bunch of improvements on the most recent updates despite the fact that the release notes don’t indicate such.
I would like to know the outcome as my incoming call sounds fine, but outgoing sounds horrible.

Back