Building my own winter tire/wheel set

I ended up getting the Tesla replica turbine wheels in black - love them so far. Like them so much I might use them as summer wheels. Already sick of getting tire bubbles from pot holes on the 21´s 😂

F0D2BE17-D742-4E52-863C-CBC526CE2F20.jpeg

Do I like them better than my 21's? ....no. But I think they look pretty good, the car drives well on the snow and ice we have right now, which is all that really counts, imo.
I think your winter setup looks great. I’m trying to do the same thing: get as close to the stock 21” diameter so I don’t need to recalibrate. Would you share your specific tire and wheel selection by chance?

How do like the ride on the Vredesteins?
Well, can't say much about them right now. I have done about 20 miles on them in dry California weather :) they are not even broken in as new tires, but what i can say is the traction and handling in dry is not all that bad at all. I was expecting the car to be all over the place in corners and traction control would come on, on full throttle. But it's much better than i expected and the ride is obviously much smoother going from 21 to 19 inch, and i do not feel any noise difference, which was a great concern for me going to a non-EV rated tire that does not come with foam inside the tire.

i put them on in anticipation for a road trip to Denver, CO next week. So can't say anything about wet/snow handling.

So whenever you hit a defect in the road, the tires are getting damaged?
Yeah already have decent sized bubbles on both front 21" tires. If I buy aftermarket summer wheels I’m getting staggered 20" front 21" rear setup.

Yeah already have decent sized bubbles on both front 21" tires. If I buy aftermarket summer wheels I’m getting staggered 20" front 21" rear setup.
You should get those bubbles replaced as they’ll be under warranty through Pirelli. Road hazards aren’t, but bubbles are usually defects and Pirelli will replace them.

You should get those bubbles replaced as they’ll be under warranty through Pirelli. Road hazards aren’t, but bubbles are usually defects and Pirelli will replace them.
Apparently after June or July 1rst 2022 Pirelli is no longer replacing tires under the warranty

I see a lot of people are getting a separate pair of wheels. Is there any reason for that, why not just get another set of tires and swap them out. Am I missing something?

I see a lot of people are getting a separate pair of wheels. Is there any reason for that, why not just get another set of tires and swap them out. Am I missing something?
Because Lucid recommends the Pirelli LM1 ELECT winter tires which only come in 19" and we didn’t get 19" wheels from the factory

Because Lucid recommends the Pirelli LM1 ELECT winter tires which only come in 19" and we didn’t get 19" wheels from the factory
Got it thanks! Is it ok to just swap out the 20’s with some snow tires?

Can anyone please tell me the exact factory specs for making a new set of 19 and or 20” wheels
5x120. Widths f+ rear
Offset front and rear
And other numbers needed??

Apparently after June or July 1rst 2022 Pirelli is no longer replacing tires under the warranty
For road hazards, I agree.

Tire Bubbles are likely a defect, not from a road hazard. Defects are covered.

For road hazards, I agree.

Tire Bubbles are likely a defect, not from a road hazard. Defects are covered.
Ok ill talk about it to my mechanic he has an account with Pirelli 👍🏻 thanks for the info

Can anyone please tell me the exact factory specs for making a new set of 19 and or 20” wheels
5x120. Widths f+ rear
Offset front and rear
And other numbers needed??
For the 19"
19x8.5
5x120
+35 offset
64.1 Center bore

Is what I went with

Got it thanks! Is it ok to just swap out the 20’s with some snow tires?
You can, but then you’d be going with a tire not recommended by Lucid.

You can, but then you’d be going with a tire not recommended by Lucid.
Did you get a TPMS light after mounting the winter set ?

I have had the winter set on for couple of days now and no light/warning has come on, on the dash.

Back