Building my own winter tire/wheel set

Did you get a TPMS light after mounting the winter set ?

I have had the winter set on for couple of days now and no light/warning has come on, on the dash.
I had to get the new tpms and tire sizes programmed by Lucid tech

I had to get the new tpms and tire sizes programmed by Lucid tech
I know, but i haven't got around to do that and I'm not having any errors on the dash. Did you drive the car around before getting the tpms programed by Lucid? Any errors you got on the dash?

I know, but i haven't got around to do that and I'm not having any errors on the dash. Did you drive the car around before getting the tpms programed by Lucid? Any errors you got on the dash?
Can you read the tire pressures ?

Curious for those that put on 19s. What is the PSI and torque used for the tires? Does it vary based on the type of tire you purchased? I had tire rack do a mobile install and think the tech installed it based on the specs for the 21s.

Torque specs for lug nuts is 110 ft-lb
49 psi in the winter tires

Can you read the tire pressures ?
I wasn't, but now i have the tpms warning light. I just had to drive for 40 miles! to get it, which is a little bit worrying. TPMS warnings are kind of important to show up almost real time as you lose pressure or sensors!

Finally got a response from Lucid on my snow tires. (I was beginning to think they didn't want to take any more of my money.)

The nice bit is because there is no service center in the area, the parts department offered to overnight ship the tires directly to my local Discount Tire. They even set up the appointment for me to have them swapped out and balanced. All I had to do was confirm the time with Discount Tire, and then set up my appointment with Colorado Tire Storage to pick up my all-seasons for storage. I was expecting to have to drive down to Denver somewhere.

And the timing worked out to just one day before I head up the mountain to Breckenridge for the weekend.

So despite the initial wait, I'd say that was pretty above and beyond from Christina in the parts department at Lucid.

Torque specs for lug nuts is 110 ft-lb
49 psi in the winter tires
Interesting.
Here's the reply for Lucid to my inquiry:
"Thank you for reaching out to us at Lucid Motors Customer Care. The lug nut torque setting is 150 Nm."

Interesting.
Here's the reply for Lucid to my inquiry:
"Thank you for reaching out to us at Lucid Motors Customer Care. The lug nut torque setting is 150 Nm."
That’s the same thing.

FYI - Beware after market rims. I ordered a set from Tirerack, but Lucid doesn't want to install them. The OE is 40MM offset, while the replacement rims ate 32MM offset. That, plus a "centering ring" will void the warranty from Lucid. They are afraid it will change the driving dynamics and cause problems.

Returning the aftermarket rims and tires, and am going with Lucid stock 20 rims plus a set of Michelin X-Ice tires. More expensive, but I do love the 20" rims!

The problem with the 20s is that there's less clearance for accumulated snow. It gets wedged in the wheel well, and complicates turning.

The Lucid service center is too far away to go there every time you switch wheel/tire size. This should be in the settings

Got it thanks! Is it ok to just swap out the 20’s with some snow tires?
I've been using a set of 20" Michelin All Seasons and they've served me well in four or five sizable snow storms this year

Just a follow up on my snow tires. Lucid shipped them to my local Discount Tire, and the folks at Discount Tire didn’t even charge me for the install. Which I thought was way above and beyond. Kudos to them. They just gained a new loyal customer.

The Sottozero 3s definitely drive different than the standard 19 All-Seasons. But they seem to be doing well in the snow with my limited experience so far.

The Lucid service center is too far away to go there every time you switch wheel/tire size. This should be in the settings
Agreed and I’m sure it’s on their list. For now, they should also be able to do it via mobile service.

I've been using a set of 20" Michelin All Seasons and they've served me well in four or five sizable snow storms this year
I may want to switch out my summer tires.
Which Michelin do you have? Are they Lucid "approved?"
Thanks.

For the 19"
19x8.5
5x120
+35 offset
64.1 Center bore

Is what I went with
Thanks for this info… is it what u went with or the factory spec ? Does anyone have the 20 spec as yet? The offset etc
Thanks!

Back