Bug : Sharing destination from Google Maps results in incorrect destination

MorganB

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Touring Silver Santa Cruz
Referral Code
93UMQZHW
When I search for a destination in Google Maps on my iPhone (14 pro with most up to date google map app and iOS) and click share followed by the Lucid app the destination appears on the Lucid screen as expected. However when I navigate to that destination it navigates to a random location and not the desired location. I can reproduce this without fail and it's been going on since 2.0.71. It happens for ANY destination. It actually sent me 5 miles out of the way in Houston last weekend because I forgot about this bug. Anyone else experience this ?

I've put an example below. Correct destination is circled at top left of screen and where nav is taking me is at the bottom.

RenderedImage.HEIC.jpeg

I've only experienced this with specific destinations and I think it's HERE navigation specific. So they have to fix their maps and how it's finding the destination

I've only experienced this with specific destinations and I think it's HERE navigation specific. So they have to fix their maps and how it's finding the destination
It’s wrong 100% of the time for me since 2.0.71

Use CarPlay. Much more reliable.
I hate CarPlay lol. But you are right for the maps. However if I send destination from Lucid app to the car it works correctly. It’s specifically with google maps. Just trying to make Lucid aware of the bug.

I hate CarPlay lol. But you are right for the maps. However if I send destination from Lucid app to the car it works correctly. It’s specifically with google maps. Just trying to make Lucid aware of the bug.
Email it to Customer Care, Lucid may or may not see it here.

I did :) I thought I would put it out here so others notice / report.
My issue may be different. Lucid maps nav takes me on a convoluted route each time I use it. Like a cab driver trying to increase his fare. Four turns around a city block to comes to the same place. Or routing down out of the way side roads instead of the direct fast route. Lucid goes to the right place, but in a path used by a drunken sailor. We use use Google maps exclusively.

Waiting for Android Auto.

My issue may be different. Lucid maps nav takes me on a convoluted route each time I use it. Like a cab driver trying to increase his fare. Four turns around a city block to comes to the same place. Or routing down out of the way side roads instead of the direct fast route. Lucid goes to the right place, but in a path used by a drunken sailor. We use use Google maps exclusively.

Or consider a car that uses Google Maps natively, like Polestar or Volvo.

Yes I've noticed that it isn't always the best at routing.

Back